RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #1

I just read a post on another forum from a guy that had Bob Tiffen call him directly to answer a question he had about a new coach he was picking up. The moral was that Tiffen cared so much about their customers that even the president would call himself.

Well, Newmar is not up staged by that. Last Friday Bob Gregory, myself and three other Essex owners were invited to lunch by Dick Parks. He was very nice and we dined at the now famous buffet in Napanee, The Country Table.
Now in my book, a lunch sure beats a phone call.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #2

I just read a post on another forum from a guy that had Bob Tiffen call him directly to answer a question he had about a new coach he was picking up. The moral was that Tiffen cared so much about their customers that even the president would call himself.

Well, Newmar is not up staged by that. Last Friday Bob Gregory, myself and three other Essex owners were invited to lunch by Dick Parks. He was very nice and we dined at the now famous buffet in Napanee, The Country Table.
Now in my book, a lunch sure beats a phone call.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Considering what you guys paid for your coaches and the trouble Bob has had, you may have paid for a lunch or two in advance.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure that is a fair or reasonable comparison. I'm not going to bust on Newmar but would Dick Parks take that level of interest in me if I had just purchased an Allstar? Likely not . Suspect it has more to do with the purchase price of the Essex and the fact that it is fairly well known now that there have been problems made very public on this forum...that's a good thing and shows the value of this forum .

I believe Newmar makes good stuff but Bob Tiffin's genuine concern and availability to all Tiffin customers is pretty impressive.

Sounds like Bob Tiffin is to Tiffin what Forest Wood was to Ranger boats (one of which I have) before he sold to Genmar
Old 11-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Not wanting to start a brand war, but I wanted to make a comment....

Here on iRV2 we are VERY FORTUNATE to have a member of the Winnebago Service Admin team that participates in the Winnebago Owner's Forum.
He does this on his OWN time and a lot of times he solves issues with PM's that the members never even see...

As far as Dick Parks and his Friday lunch thing, I thought it was awful nice of him...I don't know whether it was a one time thing or something he does on a regular basis.
Along those lines, I might add that my own best friend owns a 2006 MADP and DOES NOT get the "Essex Service" that I get...While it's a hard pill to swallow sometimes, it just means a different level of service for a different level of money spent...Factory service is still a good thing,even when you don't own an Essex.
At the Newmar factory, Essex Service consists of being able to access your coach while it's in service and being able to have pets in the waiting area.

Tiffin owners are very fortunate to have Bob Tiffin to contact....It's a great tool for their owners.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Who's to say but maybe there might be a change with Newmars attention to the Newmar forum on irv2.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
In my past life I was a Service Account Manger for Dell Computers. Some of my customers were the US Customs Service, Northwest Airlines, Harvard University, Lucent Technologies etc. Some companies spent as much a $2 mill a month on computer equipment. I didn't treat them any different than the company that spent less. That's just my style.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">different level of service for a different level of money spent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Bob! I can not say that I agree with that statement. For the year we had our 2006 Dutchstar, we had numerous stupid issues that we worked our way thru. Tech support was great and one of the reasons our next coach was Newmar. We are now in the High Line service with the Essex owners. On a side note the service person (Jeff) who took care of all or DSDP issues is now in High Line and servicing us again. Paul
Old 11-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Paul, I really contradicted myself in the post as I disgreed with my own statement.I'll try again.

"Basic" Newmar service is nicely done, with the coach owners being interviewed inside their coaches when they report the issues.
Louise is in charge of the basic service waiting area and she does a GREAT job helping folks with their directions and so forth.
In basic service you are not allowed to access your coach until it is returned to you.
In the high line service, ('07 MADP,Essex and LADP) you are down the street in another building....The building will hold maybe ten coaches,which some are service coaches and some are coaches being prepped for PDI.
This building also houses a production facility,where they make compartment doors or "skins" as they call them...
Old 11-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bob Gregory said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Along those lines, I might add that my own best friend owns a 2006 MADP and DOES NOT get the "Essex Service" that I get... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob: did your buddy get all his issues resolved to his satisfaction, including repairs to his trailer?

You are right on about Bryan. I have e-mailed him a few times with service questions and he has always responded quickly and with the information I needed.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Gary, my buddy Jeff has been given instructions to get estimates for the repairs to the front panels of his trailer...