Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #1429

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lorraine and I are drooling. We are disappointed that we will miss Hoots III but looking forward to Hoots IV. Have a great time everyone. Hugs!
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #1430

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hoots III Update

We are now at 33 reservations and thus have only two more spots available.

As in the past, we have a great line up planned: Our sponsor, Midway RV Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan, will be bringing to our rally a number of new Newmar coaches for our inspection and touring as well as some of their staff to answer questions about new product and features; we will have Newmar design and engineering reps with us from Nappanee for their always fascinating presentation discussing past, present and future trends in all things Newmar and our question and answer session with them; we will again have our own "Live Forum" to review mods, ideas, maintenance issues; we will have our super "Tour of Coaches" where we get to tour and meet all the Hoots and their fabulous coaches over two days; we will offer scenic rides in the gorgeous northern Michigan area of our rally for the motorcyclists and anyone else who wants to drive their own vehicles along with the way; there will be dining in and outside the rally site at Traverse Bay RV Resort; we will have tours of local businesses of interest in the area; we will share the unique and always fun opportunities to meet and engage with new and past 'Hoots Looking for a Roost' which go hand in hand with all the fun, fellowship and memories in our many coach gatherings throughout the rally that we remember so fondly in the months until the next Hoots gathering.

Remaining reservations can be made at Traverse Bay RV Resort.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #1431

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydu View Post
Lorraine and I are drooling. We are disappointed that we will miss Hoots III but looking forward to Hoots IV. Have a great time everyone. Hugs!
Did you get out of Portland today? Would have liked to get together before you left, but you know the story.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #1432

Wow, Deek. that is a great line up for the Hoots Rally. John has asked me to inquire about a golf outing being added as an option. The T.C. area has many exceptional courses. If there is interest (& time in the schedule) he is willing to make some calls & see what he can put together.
schools out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #1433

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Schools Out --

Boy, do I know how good the Traverse area is for golf! I have enjoyed a number of fabulous rounds in this area in my golfing days about 12-15 years ago. Always loved Michigan for golf, especially in the fall. The Jack Nicklaus "Bear" course at Grand Traverse Resort is literally an eight or nine iron away from Traverse Bay RV Resort where we are holding Hoots III. It is one of the absolute finest golf courses I have ever played. Constantly voted the top or one of the top courses in Michigan (and with all the great golf in Michigan, that's saying a lot).

So yes, there is certainly availability of golf for those interested. Problem is that in the past, we have had so many good things going on with Hoots that we had little expressed interest in golf despite our attempts to make it happen. If that changes this year, we will do all we can to meet the challenge!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #1434

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Reminder -- Hoots III is coming up -- 9/19 - 9/25/15!

Just a reminder that our "Newmar Hoots Looking for a Roost" rally is coming up soon -- September 19 through September 25 at Traverse Bay RV Resort in Traverse, Michigan. We still have a few spots still available for anyone still interested in attending. Contact the resort directly for reservations: Traverse Bay RV Resort, Michigan

This year, we anticipate having 30-35 coaches and a full and exciting week of fun and camaraderie for those who love their Newmar friends and their Newmar coaches. As in the past, we will look forward to renewing our existing Hoots friendships and making new ones with new owners.

Here are a few of the things on our schedule:

= "Tour of the Coaches" where we all meet and tour each others' coaches to see all the fascinating ways we have decorated our coaches and made them into our special homes on the road;

= "Live Forum" where we come together for discussion of topics of interest pertaining to our coaches, our modifications, our ideas, the fun things we have done to make our coaches uniquely our own;

= Newmar design and tech reps discussing all things Newmar, past, present and future, over a morning group session and lunch;

= New coaches brought to our rally for our inspection and touring by our faithful sponsor, Midway RV Center in Grand Rapids, whose reps will also be on hand for part of our rally to ask questions and get more specifics on coach details and floor plans, options and specials, new orders and new and used coaches in their existing inventory;

= Group dinners and lunches -- "pot luck", off site in the surrounding area, and at the resort sponsored by Midway RV Center;

= On-site presence of a top certified Newmar technician who will be taking orders in advance of the rally for installation and maintenance services that can be done during the rally week;

= Scenic drives in the northern Michigan area for the motorcyclists and those who want to go by car or Jeep;

= Nearby attractions for group visits (and there are a lot of them in this area of northern Michigan) -- wineries, breweries, scenic places of interest, local eateries;

= Coach washing and waxing;

= Order of Hoots T shirts, sweatshirts, rally plaques and badges to identify our special Hoots group;

= The always-fun get informal get togethers at different coaches that seem, more often than not, to go into the wee hours.

This year promises to be a great venue for our rally -- the Traverse area offers so many fun and interesting things to do -- and in mid-September the trees will be full of color, the days will be warm, the nights will be crisp. Hoots III will be a grand time once again.

We are finalizing our schedule of all activities and offerings and we will have it ready for distribution to send to those who have registered very shortly. In the meantime, if anyone out there is interested but hasn't yet signed up, do so while there are still a few reservations still available!

Cheers --

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #1435

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We Just Made Our Reservation!
We are looking forward to meeting all of the Hoots gang at Traverse Bay. It will be our first official trip as Newmar Owners and we are excited.

We pick up our new DutchStar on August 10th in Nappanee and officially convert from the Holiday Rambler Owners Group to the Newmar Kountry Klub and can hardly wait to join in on all the Hoots fun.

See you then.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #1436
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Norm & Ellen to the Newmar family and forum.
Here is a Owners Guide for you and a PDI list for new coach.
Below in my signature are links to many more for your new coach.
Enjoy the forum and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #1437

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hoots III -- a few spots still available

We still have a few spots available for anyone still interested in attending Hoots III September 19-25. We presently have over 30 coaches registered and we will go only to 35.

It should be an outstanding and memorable rally this year! Newmar reps who will be talking to us about Newmar design and engineering ideas, brand new coaches to tour from our sponsor, Midway RV Center in Grand Rapids, on site certified Newmar technician, two "Live Forum" sessions, "Tour of Coaches", scenic rides in upper Michigan, golf, local activities for our group, "Swap Meet", several sponsored and pot luck dining opportunities.

Wow!!

The only thing required is to have an interest in your Newmar coach and want to be part of our Hoots gathering! And be sure to bring no money for the rally because there is NO REGISTRATION CHARGE for our get together!

If any details are needed, including reservation info, check in on the Sticky posted by 007 at the top of the Newmar Owners' Forum.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:38 AM   #1438

Deek...we are heading through Traverse City just a bit early (August 15/16), after picking up our new Ventana at the Newmar factory. Would love to Hoot with you guys at some point. We are West Coast based, but will be doing more travel after this Thursday after DW and I both retire. See you on the road!

Jerry and Leah

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (almost finished..we saw pics !!), Cummins ISB,
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #1439

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
We are West Coast based, but will be doing more travel after this Thursday after DW and I both retire. See you on the road!

Jerry and Leah

Congrats on your new Ventana and retirement, a lot of excitement for you guys these days!
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Congrats on your new Ventana and retirement, a lot of excitement for you guys these days!

Thank you Steve. Yes...lots of excitement ahead. Kind of nervous about transitioning into retirement. I trust that we planned well. My DW of 45 years will be at my side. Couldn't ask for anything better than that.

BTW...I followed your (and many others before me) build on the 2015 Deliveries thread. Learned a lot, and was wowed by your (and others) coach(s). Hope to see you on the road or a Newmar rally someday.

Jerry and Leah

HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #1441

Hello All,

I'm so excited about our upcoming Hoots III rally, I have arrived a bit (7 weeks) early. For the past two weeks I was about 50 minutes away in the northern end of the Leelanau peninsula. I cannot adequately express how incredibly beautiful northern Michigan is. There is so much much to see and do. Traverse Bay RV Resort is in the middle of it all, and it will be a great hub from which to venture out.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #1442

Smile

Hello All,
My wife and I will be visiting relatives at Traverse Bay RV Resort on Sept. 19. We are planning to be Newmar owners in a few years and have certainly enjoyed reading posts of your past trips and hope to be able to join you when we finally get to retire. Hope to maybe see some of you at Traverse!

Kevin and Tracy
Kev2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar