Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2016, 08:35 AM   #1835

Newmar Owners Club
We also wish a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all from sunny Baja.
Baja Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #1836

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from sunny Arizona!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1482797405512.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	147549  
Old 12-26-2016, 06:16 PM   #1837

We should be closing our deal the first week of 2017! Signing papers, etc. 2mrw. So excited!! Happy New Year!!
dutchstargtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #1838

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
Merry Christmas from South Carolina everybody ...

Mighty sweet coach, FLSteve! Thanks for posting the pic.

Looks like Santa was very, very good to you and Lisa this year!

Ho Ho Ho!!!!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #1839

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchstargtr View Post
Merry Christmas! VP Chianese, I do not know what I like more, that you said it is December 34th, or that it is actually December 23rd... haha. You seem to be doing this lifestyle right! :-) :-) :-) Merry Xmas!!
Well I won't admit to it but there may have been some adult beverages involved. Most of the time I don't (or really care) what day it is least of all the date.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #1840

Newmar Owners Club
Merry Christmas from FT.LAUDERDALE!
Old 12-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #1841

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
Merry Christmas from South Carolina everybody ...
Beautiful coach Steve and Lisa. Happy New Year!
MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:44 AM   #1842

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Tampa RV Show Hoots Gathering

We had a very nice mid-year Hoots gathering at the Newmar coach site at the Tampa RV Show yesterday. Perfect location, perfect weather, perfect company and great food and drink as always. New Hoots, old Hoots, Hoots all around. Hosted by Norm and Ellen again, it was a great time for everyone who was in the area who could attend. Glad we are able to now have two special Hoots gatherings to look forward to!

Special thanks again to Norm and Ellen for organizing this fun time for us.

It is time to start thinking about the Hoots rally for 2017!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 01-21-2017, 08:25 AM   #1843

Newmar Owners Club
It was great finally meeting you, Deek!
Old 01-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #1844

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WOW! We had so much fun at our Hoots Happy Hour!
It is always a blast to meet up with our Hoots friends and we had 8 or 9 Hoots coaches at the event.

It was really great to have Deek, John T, and his wife in attendance as ORIGINAL HOOTS

Now we get to look forward to HOOTS 5!
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #1845

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Kyle McCrary - RIP - We have lost a Really Good One

It was with great sadness that we learned today from our great Hoots pal, Richard Sullivan, of the most untimely passing of Kyle McCrary, Newmar Director of Product Planning and Design, on January 26.

Kyle, to all who knew him, was simply a powerhouse of a guy, a person whose presence in the motor coach arena was truly larger than life. Kyle had been instrumental in sales and design of several high end coach designs, among them Blue Bird, Fleetwood, American Coach and, for the past several years, Newmar. He was a wiz at intuiting and pushing to fruition in finished coaches all things that were special to us in our fancy motor homes. He was knowledgeable, witty, insightful, kind and generous -- just a joy to be around.

I first met Kyle in connection with our 2014 Hoots rally when we made the grade to get Newmar engaged with our second year fall rally in Seviervelle, TN. I had met with Kyle in Nappanee and had lunch with him to ask if Newmar would be willing to send some reps to join us at our rally. He had definitely heard of the Hoots force by then, and he wanted to know all about the history of how our group had evolved, who the principal cast of characters were and what I saw as Newmar's role in our coming together.

From the very start, Kyle instinctively understood the draw of our group together and our insatiable desire to affiliate with a collection of like minded idea people who happened to own Newmar coaches so that we could make our coaches better -- with modifications, new ideas, shared dreams of what might come down the pike from Newmar in our future coaches. He personally knew some of the early Hoots from their interactions with the factory when ordering their various coaches. I was particularly pleased that before meeting him, he spent time with Michelle Howard and knew all the specifics of the order I had placed for my latest Dutch Star and he was able to give me a couple of additional ideas for my build that I had not thought about.

At our lunch, Kyle was sold on Hoots and he told me that Newmar would make a commitment to join us at our rally that year in Sevierville. He enlisted Matt Miller in the project and Matt told Kyle to let it rip. We had Kyle and Ron Stichter at our rally and they presented one very memorable session on design and engineering ideas that would become part and parcel of upcoming Newmar coaches. They answered many questions from many Hoots and spent a lot more time with us than either we or they bargained for. We, frankly, all had a ball.

The next year, in 2015 at Traverse, MI, Kyle and Ron came back and brought with them our Patron Saint of Ordering our New Coaches, wonderful Michelle Howard. We had an ever better -- and longer -- session than we had in 2015. And of course in 2016 at Buckhorn in Kerrville, TX under the guidance of our great pal, Scott Wagner, we had the ultimate Newmar lineup: Kyle McCrary, Ron Stichter, Michelle Howard, Rick Powell and ... Matt and Pam Miller. What a hoot that was!!!

Bottom line is that at the very first, Kyle McCrary immediately saw the value of Newmar's joint efforts with our 'Newmar Hoots Looking for a Roost' group and he was with us from the inception of our first rally together at Sevierville through Traverse and most recently at Kerrville. We could not have had the outstanding partnership with Newmar we have had at our rallies without our indispensible Kyle.

We all join with the many saddened Newmar folks in expressing our sincere condolences to Kyle's family on his untimely passing and we tip our Hoots hats to a terrific, kind, funny and incredibly smart man who was our great friend and supporter. RIP, Kyle McCrary.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 01-27-2017, 11:07 PM   #1846

Newmar Owners Club
Beautiful eulogy, Denis. Fair Winds and Following Seas, Kyle. RIP
Old 01-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #1847

He will be missed. We was a great mind for the motorhome industry and was a good man as well. I knew him originally from his Bluebird days. Praying for his family for comfort, peace, understanding and presence of God's unfailing love
drdonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #1848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
It was with great sadness that we learned today from our great Hoots pal, Richard Sullivan, of the most untimely passing of Kyle McCrary, Newmar Director of Product Planning and Design, on January 26.

Kyle, to all who knew him, was simply a powerhouse of a guy, a person whose presence in the motor coach arena was truly larger than life. Kyle had been instrumental in sales and design of several high end coach designs, among them Blue Bird, Fleetwood, American Coach and, for the past several years, Newmar. He was a wiz at intuiting and pushing to fruition in finished coaches all things that were special to us in our fancy motor homes. He was knowledgeable, witty, insightful, kind and generous -- just a joy to be around.

I first met Kyle in connection with our 2014 Hoots rally when we made the grade to get Newmar engaged with our second year fall rally in Seviervelle, TN. I had met with Kyle in Nappanee and had lunch with him to ask if Newmar would be willing to send some reps to join us at our rally. He had definitely heard of the Hoots force by then, and he wanted to know all about the history of how our group had evolved, who the principal cast of characters were and what I saw as Newmar's role in our coming together.

From the very start, Kyle instinctively understood the draw of our group together and our insatiable desire to affiliate with a collection of like minded idea people who happened to own Newmar coaches so that we could make our coaches better -- with modifications, new ideas, shared dreams of what might come down the pike from Newmar in our future coaches. He personally knew some of the early Hoots from their interactions with the factory when ordering their various coaches. I was particularly pleased that before meeting him, he spent time with Michelle Howard and knew all the specifics of the order I had placed for my latest Dutch Star and he was able to give me a couple of additional ideas for my build that I had not thought about.

At our lunch, Kyle was sold on Hoots and he told me that Newmar would make a commitment to join us at our rally that year in Sevierville. He enlisted Matt Miller in the project and Matt told Kyle to let it rip. We had Kyle and Ron Stichter at our rally and they presented one very memorable session on design and engineering ideas that would become part and parcel of upcoming Newmar coaches. They answered many questions from many Hoots and spent a lot more time with us than either we or they bargained for. We, frankly, all had a ball.

The next year, in 2015 at Traverse, MI, Kyle and Ron came back and brought with them our Patron Saint of Ordering our New Coaches, wonderful Michelle Howard. We had an ever better -- and longer -- session than we had in 2015. And of course in 2016 at Buckhorn in Kerrville, TX under the guidance of our great pal, Scott Wagner, we had the ultimate Newmar lineup: Kyle McCrary, Ron Stichter, Michelle Howard, Rick Powell and ... Matt and Pam Miller. What a hoot that was!!!

Bottom line is that at the very first, Kyle McCrary immediately saw the value of Newmar's joint efforts with our 'Newmar Hoots Looking for a Roost' group and he was with us from the inception of our first rally together at Sevierville through Traverse and most recently at Kerrville. We could not have had the outstanding partnership with Newmar we have had at our rallies without our indispensible Kyle.

We all join with the many saddened Newmar folks in expressing our sincere condolences to Kyle's family on his untimely passing and we tip our Hoots hats to a terrific, kind, funny and incredibly smart man who was our great friend and supporter. RIP, Kyle McCrary.

Deek
Awesome eulogy Deek.
joe4rvfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar