Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2018, 03:09 AM   #2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
North Texas third week in September would might be a good bet.

The site with all of the correct info will be up next week.
Thank Vinny - I can start doing some planning.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2018, 06:13 AM   #2046

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great, thanks!

I’ve got reservations through mid-September, so this is just in time! Might even be able to make this one, since we will be in Ouray until 9/15 :-)
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #2047

Quote:
North Texas third week in September would might be a good bet.

The site with all of the correct info will be up next week.

Already have a conflict with third week. Thought it was going to be second week.
Newmar region 5 Rally third week in Nashville.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:57 AM   #2048

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hunt View Post
Already have a conflict with third week. Thought it was going to be second week.
Newmar region 5 Rally third week in Nashville.
Bill,

We tried for the second week but the Newmar team could not come. As it is they are coming on a Saturday. Look at the schedule when it's up next week and maybe you can attend both. We sure would like to have you there.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #2049

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Bill,

We tried for the second week but the Newmar team could not come. As it is they are coming on a Saturday. Look at the schedule when it's up next week and maybe you can attend both. We sure would like to have you there.
HOOTS 2018 Announcement

(Trumpet fanfare and drum roll)

All former Hoots attendees will be receiving the official email announcement as to the opening of registration for the Hoots 2018 Rally in the next couple of days. Non prior attendees will be welcome to join us soon after. There will also be a new page opened for the 2018 Hoots rally as this site has gotten extremely long.

So some quick notes. The rally will began on September the 20th with check in and welcome dinner and end on the evening of the September 26th with the farewell dinner. The rally will be supported in several ways by National Indoor RV Center in Grapevine Texas. They are going to have new product available for display, inspection, test driving and purchase starting Saturday the 22nd and then though out the rally. They are also supporting several other functions as well and investing a lot into our rally. The full schedule for the rally will be forthcoming.

So look out for you email and the camp grounds will be glad to take your registration.

Hope to see many old faces and many new faces as well.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #2050

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hoots 2018

Mike and I look forward to seeing everyone in North Texas.

Mike and Daryl Ann Borel
2016 Newman Dutch Star
dborel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:04 AM   #2051

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hoots 2018 Registration NOW OPEN

Hi everyone, Registration is now open for Hoots VI (2018).
Come join us for a fun filled week in September!
Information is here. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/hoots-2018-registration-now-open-385016.html
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:27 AM   #2052

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Our Good Friend Doug Pomerantz

It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing yesterday of our wonderful friend, Doug Pomerantz, one of the very early Hoots. Doug was always the first guy to volunteer to help and wanted to do everything he could to make our
Hoots rallies bigger and better. He took over the job of the scenic rides when we needed help and he always managed to get us a new, fascinating and memorable route for the cars and the motorcycles.

Doug was a tech guy, having been for several years a successful and accomplished building and remodeling contractor on Long Island. He had great ideas for coach modifications that we all marveled at. And always quick to help when our own misadventures happened -- the real telling feature of a Hoot.

Most importantly, Doug was a good, loyal and true friend to all of us who had the privilege of having him in our orbit. I spent many memorable adventures with him, including meeting up together in Washington, DC a couple of years ago and taking our Harleys together to Florida on the Auto Train.

He was always there for anyone in need and an absolute joy to be around. Once he found motor homing as a lifestyle, he embraced it fully and his stories of his country wide travel were as exciting as they were helpful. This is the guy we all wanted to emulate.

Just a great guy, a brave and devoted friend and family man, our Doug.

I convey my deepest condolences to Doug's wife and family on his untimely passing.

Doug Pomerantz was a wonderful man and we were very lucky to have him in our little Hoots Band of Brothers.

Godspeed my fine friend.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:37 AM   #2053

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sorry to hear. He was a nice guy.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:03 AM   #2054

Newmar Owners Club
Sad news indeed, Deek. We met Doug and Patty during Hoots 2. They have an incredibly positive outlook on life.

Our condolences to Patty. God Bess their family in this difficult time.

Dave & Debi
MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #2055

Sorry to hear that. Doug and Patty both were a class act.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #2056

So dad to hear if Doug's passing. Wishing his family strength
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:00 PM   #2057

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I've been in touch with Patty, Doug's wife, and she is mulling over the idea of keeping their coach or trading on something a bit smaller (New Aire????) but sticking with the motor home lifestyle because of the many friends she and Doug have met in the last few years (she posted on this in another thread on iRV2). Understandably, she's not sure what to do at this point, but has been very gratified by the outpouring of support she has received from her motor home friends.

I told Patty that I am aware of several women at my resort in Florida who, after losing husbands to death or divorce, decided to stick with their coaches -- and not one of them ended up regretting it. With a smaller coach and perhaps a hands-on driving class, I am sure Patty would feel comfortable in keeping her and Doug's coach or in trading to a smaller unit and continuing in motor homing.

I encouraged Patty to think about this because, as so many of us know, some of the absolute best and closest friendships we have made over these past years have been with our motor home pals. I've done plenty of things with cars and boats and motorcycles and travel and met lots of fine folks doing so, but hands down, the nicest and most lasting relationships I have made have been through my motor home connections with Newmar and our Hoots group.

Anyone who wants to pass along their thoughts about this to Patty would, I'm sure, be welcome and encouraged to do so.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:20 PM   #2058

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are only a few spots left for Hoots 2018. Registration is open to all Newmar motorhome owners that are active here on iRV2.

We will be creating a waiting list once we have reached our registration limit.

When you are ready to sign up just click on this link NewmarHoots.org and follow the links to the Rally Information and Registration Form.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar