Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #43

Hey all!

Green light on making the get together in October!

Deek - Ma and Mrs Ma will attend the Hoot get together - Sign us up!!

Thanks for all the coordination, Deek.

Regards
Ma
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying we would love to see you there, 007. How bout it???

Deek
I sure wish it was possible Deek to join all the new "HOOTS" if it was a couple years back it would have happened.

Our last long trip was to Nappannee and FL. back in Jan 2010 and small two day trips locally,with that said the Workhorse will be out soon to pasture also.

Health has caught up with wife and needs a machine to keep her going and cardiac rehab for heart.

Its a good thing after retiring at 54 back in 88 we made many of the trips across Canada, P.E.I., N.S. to FL. and many of the irv2 Rally's the pass years.
Its just great to see you all in new Newmars enjoying them doing Mod's and planning get together's its what we did also.

So we an others will just have to sit back and hopefully enjoy pictures and post's of your time together.
I have always said enjoy the good times with your friends because you never know whats ahead down the road in the future.

Enjoy and thanks for the invite.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
007 --

Couldn't have been said any better or any more powerfully. You give us a tough act to follow -- but outstanding light to show us the way forward.

Thank you.

We will miss you for sure but as you know we have plenty of interested Hoots who will, for certain, post pics and run at the mouth as we always manage to do when we get to share ideas.

I must say like you that we have not found nicer, kinder, more generous group of people than motor homers. Our Hoots movement started, really, with a few people just getting enough gumption to share their thoughts with the Forum about their coaches -- planning them, talking to Newmar about modifications they would do, figuring out options that were not on the standard option sheet but nonetheless were found to be available if asked about, finding out who were the best people at Newmar to deal with to get the best tours and service, discussing thoughts about the always present issue of what dealers to do business with -- or the factory when dealer relations are not the best. Those few people seem to have coalesced and brought into the circle more new members who have in turn brought new and even better ideas to the group. It's been a super group for sure.

The willingness to have people take their time to share their info was something that I immediately appreciated the value of -- and found lots of fun in. When I was able to add a piece to our collective knowledge for the good of the order, I sure wanted -- and tried -- to do that.

Over the past few years, my wife, Joanne and I, have read, re-read, re-re-read so many of these great posts as we got serious about planning our own Newmar Dutch Star. We had just an incredible amount of fun taking others' ideas, bouncing them off each other and others on the Forum and then taking what we thought were the best of them for our needs and heading out to Nappanee to plan, order and build our coach. We had so darn much fun throughout the entire process. And we have met some just outstanding people -- at Newmar, on this Forum, in the campgrounds.

The Hoots Roosting in October will give us the opportunity to meet some of those people who were so instrumental to our planning on the Newmar Owners' Forum and we are really looking forward to that get together. I anticipate that all who can manage to go will have a wonderful time and do a fair amount of learning from others about their adventures. Knowing what I know about a few of our Hoots that I have been in regular contact with, I know there will be plenty of learning that Joanne and I will do at our gathering.

Thanks again for your comments, 007 -- and your great leadership.

Best Wishes --

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I hate to write this post - but it appears that we will not be able to commit to going at this time. I have several work engagements around this time, and I have not been able to confirm the scheduling. I am not giving up, and if the schedule clears up for me **AND** there is a space left, then I will be there. I just hate it when work gets in the way of FUN!
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just found you Hoots, but seems like you're the same kind of crazy as me. October at Sevierville will fit nicely with our plans, and we look forward to meeting all of you!!

So... We're in!!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I just hate it when work gets in the way of FUN!
No kidding!

I'm with you, Redbaron -- I am working especially hard right now to wrap up most of what I've got outstanding so that come January, I can finally join my wife in retirement. So far, so good -- but man, I'm working hard to make that happen. Sounds a bit ironic to work so darn hard to be able to retire, doesn't it???

I want to pass along this message to you -- which I am absolutely certain all of our other Hoots agree with -- we REALLY want you to join us and if there is way way it can still happen, we sure hope you will join us.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hoot Line Up Thus Far

Here is the line up for committed Hoots (and DW Hoots of course) thus far early Thursday evening:

Deek

Skmwalden

Spinn

JohnT

Pessman

PDR John

Dpeterso

Ma Snart

JFXG

Holy Cow, what a line up!!!

Still time for others to join us -- I will call the resort tomorrow with our confirms so that we can be saved our spots, but if anyone else has interest in joining, I encourage you to post or PM me this evening so that we have you and can be assured a spot with us.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good job Deek ...

As soon as you "give us the word" I will call them and make my reservation.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Let the Reservations Begin!!

Muchas Gracias, Amigos!!

I have been able to commit to twelve (12) river view lots together at Two Rivers Landing RV Resort for October 17-20, 2013 for our group. So start your motors, put in your slides, pack up your DW and your Moosehead Ale and let the reservations begin! Be sure, too, to bring your best ideas for coach mods, good eats, general fun for the group. All will be required.

To those who have committed, and to those who are interested, call Don or Judy at Two Rivers Landing RV Resort at (866) 727-5781 to make your reservation and tell them you are reserving for the "Newmar Owners' Group" for October 17-20.

You will need credit card to hold your reservation.

Check in is 12:00 noon as is check out.

Address is: 2328 Business Center Circle, Sevierville, Tennessee 37876.

On web: Tworiversrvresort.com

If any questions, post to this thread or PM good old Deek!

Cheers, all Hoots!!!!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #52

3 cheers for Deek!
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #53

Thanks again, I'll try them tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post

No kidding!

I'm with you, Redbaron -- I am working especially hard right now to wrap up most of what I've got outstanding so that come January, I can finally join my wife in retirement. So far, so good -- but man, I'm working hard to make that happen. Sounds a bit ironic to work so darn hard to be able to retire, doesn't it???

I want to pass along this message to you -- which I am absolutely certain all of our other Hoots agree with -- we REALLY want you to join us and if there is way way it can still happen, we sure hope you will join us.

Deek
I appreciate this group and really hope to be able to make it. If it is at all feasible I will get a reservation put in ASAP.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Outstanding, Red. If there is a way you can come, please do. We would really love to see you there and be able to have you captive to pick your brain and your many mods and ideas!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #56

Just made our reservations with, I believe, Jan at Two Rivers for October 17 - 20. Our first camping reservations in 10 years. Can't wait! Thanks again to Deek.
NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original)
dpeterso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar