Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #113

Newmar Owners Club
Phil - you got it I'll put the order in on Monday.

Charlie
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #114

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Eats, Name Tags, Hadley Horns, Destinations ...

Chief --

You are right. Whether we go out or eat there, the first night should be a get together with our name tags. Joanne suggested that we could bring hot dogs and hamburgers and grill them simply. We are happy to do the bringing of the dogs and burgs and rolls if that appeals. Maybe a few of us could put a few things together like that to have something good in place for the first night and we wouldn't have to drive more. Just a thought I'd like to hear more feedback about. Sometimes after a long day of driving the MH, it's a relief to get in the car and drive too. So dinner out might not be a bad thing. How about comments, Hoots??

We are at Traverse Bay RV Resort in Williamsburg, Michigan -- seven miles from Traverse City. Lovely, lovely place. A lot like River Bend but pine trees instead of palm trees!!!

Ma Snart told us to get to Sleeping Bear Dunes not too far nearby and we're going to try to do that. For now, being settled sure has an attraction. Slept like a log last night!

Coach ran great! Solid 9.0 mpg with toad at 65-67 mph. Quiet, smooth, plenty of power. Just a dream to drive. Aside from losing a Hadley air horn while coming out of the storage facility before the trip started, all has been perfect. Got service appointment at Nappanee on September 3-4 so we have added a new Hadley to that order.

Weather here cool but very pleasant. The people -- like all MH places -- are wonderful and friendly. Now that we're set up, plugged in, got the tunes going and are headed out to wash the Dutchie after taking the dog on a walk on one of the hiking trails, I remember all of the many the reasons why we love this stuff again, even considering the loss of an air horn to start things out!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #115

Newmar Owners Club
Reservation made and confirmed.

Going to make this event the middle of our two week trip.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Reservation made and confirmed.

Going to make this event the middle of our two week trip.
Hey JohnT!

Glad to hear you will be able to attend!

Ma Snart
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #117

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The roost just grew some more ... JohnT is in!

• Deek - 2013 Dutch Star 4018
  • dpeterso - 2014 Dutch Star 4018
  • harleychief - 2008 Mountain Aire 4529
  • JFXG - 2002 Dutch Star 40'
  • JohnT - 2008 Dutch Star 4023
  • Ma Snart - 2013 Dutch Star 4318
  • MJFZ - 2012 Dutch Star 3734
  • PDR John - 2013 Dutch Star 4347
  • pessman - 2014 Dutch Star 4038
  • skmwalden - 2013 Dutch Star 4018
  • spinn - 2008 Essex 45'
Steve
FLSteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #118

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Chief --You are right. Whether we go out or eat there, the first night should be a get together with our name tags. Joanne suggested that we could bring hot dogs and hamburgers and grill them simply. We are happy to do the bringing of the dogs and burgs and rolls if that appeals. Maybe a few of us could put a few things together like that to have something good in place for the first night and we wouldn't have to drive more. Just a thought I'd like to hear more feedback about. Sometimes after a long day of driving the MH, it's a relief to get in the car and drive too. So dinner out might not be a bad thing. How about comments, Hoots??....Deek
I could be all over this, but I'm not sure if I still have the capacity. A few years ago when we used to camp in our popup with a Honda Element club, we'd typically have a group of about 10 or 12. I would make chili for the arrival evening, so folks could just park it and have a bowl. I would also make "antique waffles" for one day's breakfast, with my small collection of antique waffle irons. Problem now is 1) stock pot for chili is at son's house in Seattle; 2) waffle irons have been stored for over a year in Raleigh, and I won't have a chance to check them out until about first week of October. 3) # of participants = 22. I've never performed for a group that large, and I don't think I can turn waffles out that fast!!

Lemme chew on this. I may come up with an idea. I do make the world's best chocolate chip cookies, but I'm sure no one here would be interested in those......
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #119

Our coach is a 4514 BTW

Best - Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #120

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Chief --

You are right. Whether we go out or eat there, the first night should be a get together with our name tags. Joanne suggested that we could bring hot dogs and hamburgers and grill them simply. We are happy to do the bringing of the dogs and burgs and rolls if that appeals. Maybe a few of us could put a few things together like that to have something good in place for the first night and we wouldn't have to drive more. Just a thought I'd like to hear more feedback about. Sometimes after a long day of driving the MH, it's a relief to get in the car and drive too. So dinner out might not be a bad thing. How about comments, Hoots??

Deek
I like it.
We can all bring something to add to the cookout; chips, cold salads, potato salad, slaw. Even chocolate chip cookies!!!
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #121

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
JohnT --

It is wonderful news to have you on board. Welcome and can't wait to meet you. Our group has almost taken on a life of its own and that is thrilling -- from nothing more than an idea that it would be a "hoot" to meet those of us who do some of these crazy and fun postings to actually "booking it, Dan'l', this thing has come together nicely. We are going to have a fun, fun time. Thanks for making the effort to join.

JFXG --

What a great idea about the chili and the "antique waffles". Gosh how I love waffles, especially with real New England maple syrup! But it sure looks like your accoutrements will have to be brought from around the country for you to do your mastery and I would say there is not a need to do cartwheels to make that happen -- we will figure this out with all the creative people we have who are joining in -- no need to do anything out of the ordinary for twenty-two (and counting???) Hoots.

But how's this one: We are in Traverse, Michigan roughing it at Traverse Bay RV Resort (Wow!) and visiting with my sister-in-law, two friends of hers and their two grandchildren, all of them, including my sister-in-law, from England. So the two Hoots (Deek and JoJo) and their excited rescue dog (Sadie) had dinner with the Brits last evening. What did we have, you ask? Well .... an English favorite, it turns out -- baked potatoes topped with chili.

Holy cow! Who would have thought it would be combination that would work? But boy, did it! Just fabulous. My sister-in-law knew just he right combination of veggies, meat, beans, spices and re-fried beans to use in the chili and it was terrific. We added slivered fresh parmesan to the tops and what a delight. Then, of course, two bottles of Napa Cabernet we bought on one of our trips to California to add an American touch of class to the UK Masterpiece. It was lovely.

So, yes, I can see that chili can be a great opener for the Hoots.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #122

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I like it.
We can all bring something to add to the cookout; chips, cold salads, potato salad, slaw. Even chocolate chip cookies!!!
Ok, I'm a team player and can always go for a good ole American BBQ, count us in!
John T, Pessman, your shirts are on order, for everyone else I've gotten them in and IMHO they look good.
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #123

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleychief View Post
John T, Pessman, your shirts are on order, for everyone else I've gotten them in and IMHO they look good.
Sweet!!!!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #124

Food is my weakness, I'm a Celiac. I have no choice, but to be gluten free.

My wife would, however, be down for some chilli. I can do a pot luck were we can bring a gluten free dish. You all can try it and I can eat something.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #125

So no wheat, barley or rye for you PDRJohn. Is that right?
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #126

Correct, it makes it a pain for people to cook.

Nobody realizes how much stuff has gluten in it. Most cooking sauces (soy sauce etc...), food colorings even simple seasonings.

It helps some now that it became a small fad diet, but still to much to ask people to try and cook gluten free.

It only takes a single crumb to ruin 3 days of my life. That's how long it takes to work it out of my system.

Tags
newmar