Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #2059

Thank you for your support and kind words. I signed up for the HOOTS Rally today. I will be traveling from Florida with another HOOTS friend. I look forward to speaking to all the reps and learning about the systems in my coach. It will be a great way of getting my feet wet. I love my coach and hope to keep it. Doug would be proud of me.
RIP Doug
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #2060

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
So sorry for your loss Patty.

Best regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:29 AM   #2061

Where is this rally ? Since we bought our RV from National Indoors in Lewisville, this would be great for us.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #2062

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There is a sticky in this section for signup. I'm not sure there are any open slot left. The Hoots rally for 2018 will be held at Vineyards Campground on Grapevine Lake in Grapevine, Texas for 7 exciting days and nights.
Check in is Thursday, September 20, 2018 and Check out is Thursday, September 27, 2018.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #2063
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is the sticky top of forum for HOOTS RALLY, no indication yet of site closures, give it a try.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:50 AM   #2064

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WulfHaslett View Post
Where is this rally ? Since we bought our RV from National Indoors in Lewisville, this would be great for us.
WulfHaslett,

We would be glad to see you there. Go to the sticky and follow the instructions. We always have a waiting list as for various reason folks cancel. So if we are full, last I heard was 49 signed up with 45 completing all the requirements, the early ones on the waiting list will get in.

See you in Texas.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #2065
JLN

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For all who are attending this years Rally in Texas, let's show our support for the "Hoots". These are mirror flag covers that I make which will also help to protect and keep your mirrors clean. What better way to show off our "personality". I would like to take orders in advance so that I will have your favorite on hand. Some people like to have a pair that match and others like to mix and match.... your choice. They are $35 each/ $70 for the pair. If I get enough pre- orders I may can get the price down to $25 each/ $50 for the pair. I will keep you up to date on how that is going.
JLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #2066
JLN

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
For all who are attending this years Rally in Texas, let's show our support for the "Hoots". These are mirror flag covers that I make which will also help to protect and keep your mirrors clean. What better way to show off our "personality". I would like to take orders in advance so that I will have your favorite on hand. Some people like to have a pair that match and others like to mix and match.... your choice. They are $35 each/ $70 for the pair. If I get enough pre- orders I may can get the price down to $25 each/ $50 for the pair. I will keep you up to date on how that is going.
Whoops...hit the post before the pics were loaded. BOLO also, most initials are available and if you are interested in other everyday patterns check out my FB page. Colorful AccentsClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180510_153653600.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	202191Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180510_152641909.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	202192Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180510_145258907.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	202193Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180510_144831331_HDR.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	202194Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180510_144442678_HDR.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	202195Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180510_144243630.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	202196
JLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #2067

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by "007":

I often wonder how all the original HOOT's are making out, as I age I see many friends gone or fell silent on the forum, its refreshing seeing some of you posting again, keep it going.

Me too -- and I am the founding Hoot!

The original group was one of a kind.

We came together in Tennessee for our first rally in 2013 not knowing much about each other other than our screen names from iRV2 -- we didn't even know real names at that point!

But right from the beginning moment of our arrival in Sevierville, we bonded like a band of brothers (and sisters) -- and we had one fabulous run. Exchanging ideas, coming to great spontaneous ideas at the rally like "Tour of the Coaches", stopping over at each others' coaches to sit and talk -- often till the wee hours of the morning under the stars -- sharing food and drinks and recipes and good humor, no one being charged for anything having to do with the rally except our site charges, everyone pitching in and helping each other, everyone saying -- again and again and again -- how much fun we were having -- and what a special group we had somehow stumbled into and managed to put together from our iRV2 discussions.

Our original Hoots group grew right from the start. We got onto Newmar's radar with our reputation -- and coach buying and modification and design ideas -- and many of us have developed long lasting relationships with Newmar that would never have happened otherwise. We all started when Michelle Howard was starting her sales and design work and Kyle McCreary had not long before returned to Newmar from Fleetwood and was at the helm with his outstanding new design ideas to push Newmar into the 21st century -- and we all grew together.

On iRV2, 007, our steady and supportive Newmar Owners' Group moderator, has been with us all the way. He looked over our shoulders as we continued to exchange ideas on our Forum, posted notices of our rallies and get togethers and updated iRV2 members on our coach ideas and modifications. 007 made sure that we got stickies on our most important postings and he constantly kept us out of trouble with the Forum Police when, in our enthusiasm, we went off topic or posted something that didn't exactly 'meet the rules'. I had long since arrived at the place that my lawyerly 'follow-the-rule' instincts were relegated to the back seat in my effort to just have fun, so I greatly appreciated 007 keeping us on the straight and narrow without either blame or shame.

What an outstanding and memorable time we had in those early Hoots days! What an exciting time to own a Newmar product and be involved with others who prized and loved this stuff as much as we did. We hold memories of that exciting time that all of us who were there will carry forward wherever we go, no question about it.

I have done plenty of other fun things in my life -- cars, motorcycles, travel, wine education, golf, boating -- but I have to say -- and I don't hesitate in saying it -- that I have never met friendlier, more helpful and more fun folks than the ones I have met in my motorhome adventures. Of all of the people I have met, the original Hoots group was the best -- and I have heard many of the original group say the same. I have no idea how long my motorhome days will continue, but because of the all-in fun and camaraderie I experienced with the Hoots, I find myself fully interested in keeping it going for the foreseeable future.

In our life, all things change -- that seems to be the constant we know each day we wake. So our Hoots group did change along with the rest. Original members have moved on -- we have lost some by transition to other things and leaving the motor coach lifestyle behind, we have lost others by death and divorce. But it is gratifying to see that the Hoots idea continues -- now in its sixth year of rally doing.

New folks have come to the dance and new ideas have taken over. I, for one, am very glad to see it. My original idea (along with my constantly supportive and faithful pal, FLSteve) has blossomed to the next generation of Newmar aficionados and I am proud and gratified to see it going forward and growing -- even if it is different than it was when it began. That the envelope continues to be pushed by new Hoots is my highest hope.

I know my sentiments are echoed by all of the first gen Hoots like Ma Snart, Redbird1, Mo Blue, FLSteve, Redbaron73, MnBob, JohnT., PDRJohn, Dr.Donny, Dpeters and all the rest.

So I tip my hat to you, 007, for mentioning this and reminding us of our fun past with Hoots and I applaud all past, present and future Hoots members -- what a grand time we all have with our fabulous Newmar products.

Cheers --

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:03 PM   #2068

Quote:

Not sure what they are or what they look like. Picture?
jumpingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #2069

Sorry I got the picture!
Old 05-29-2018, 04:41 PM   #2070

This is jumpingjack. I would like to order two initial covers. Please contact me with how to order. Thanks
Old 05-30-2018, 06:10 PM   #2071

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Whoops...hit the post before the pics were loaded. BOLO also, most initials are available and if you are interested in other everyday patterns check out my FB page. Colorful AccentsAttachment 202191Attachment 202192Attachment 202193Attachment 202194Attachment 202195Attachment 202196

I have a couple of these and they are very well made and get lots of nice comments.

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #2072

How do we order those mirror covers ?
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar