Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Newmar Hoots Looking for a Roost

This thread continues discussion from the thread called "2014 Dutch Star" and takes up the topic of planning for a fall get together for all interested Newmar hoots and coots who have followed our various threads and musings in the past year or so.

There have been several threads that many of us have followed. I'm sure I'm forgetting some of them, but here are the ones that seem to come to mind most often:

"Our 2013 Dutch Star"
"2013 Dutch Star Planning with Newmar"
"Our 2013 Dutch Star in Production"
"Who's at Newmar with the Brand New DS"
"Ma Snart"
"2014 Dutch Star"
"2014 Dutch Star: Our Home"
"Considering New 34' Newmar Ventana"
"Our New 2013 Ventana 3634"
"Not Sure How to Say This"

And, of course, any other threads on the iRV2 Newmar Owners' Forum which have piqued interest of any remaining Newmar hoots and coots who would have like to find a place to roost together for a few days or a week this fall.

The idea is for as many people who have followed any and all of these threads and posts to have an opportunity to meet, camp at a nice facility for a few days of fellowship to check out our coaches, exchange ideas, just get a chance to meet the people who have posted the comments we have all found fascinating over the time we have followed them.

So I open the discussion to anyone who wants to join in with suggestions -- when and where to meet, how long to stay, how to get word out to as many people as possible so that all of the hoots and coots who have posted (or enjoyed the posts) can find a fun place to roost for a bit.

A few comments from the "2014 Dutch Star' thread have suggested October as a good month to make plans. That sounds terrific to me. I made suggestions of the following places to meet: Williamsburg, Virginia, Maine or somewhere else in New England, Hilton Head area, Nappanee area, Traverse, Michigan area. I'd be happy to hear reaction to these, as well as any other suggestions.

DW and I are soon to be owners at River Bend in Florida and we are taking a week in early August at Traverse Bay RV Resort which has been billed to us to be very similar to River Bend -- lovely place, first class hook ups, large concrete pads with beautiful views looking at water or green areas, all services, good common area to meet for dinners if staying at the Resort. This place is about $65 per night with full hook ups and 50 amp service, with the 4th night half off -- and they do give discounts for FMCA and Good Sam.

The Traverse area is really lovely with lots to do -- fine places to eat and drink and very scenic on Grand Traverse Bay. To me, this is the kind of place we should be thinking about, perhaps for four nights, maybe even a week for those who want to stay a bit longer. I am happy to contact them to see how many they could accommodate in October if there is interest. I suspect that early October would be best there, as would be true in New England as well.

So away we go. Feel free to post to your heart's content. Ideas, comments, suggestions -- all are welcome and encouraged.

Deek

FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Newmar Hoots now that is some title for our new group of travelers I wish the new group many memories as you disembark on your new adventures together.

If its as good as all the interesting and informative threads we have seen it will keep everyone's interest when us non travelers have something to read when sitting close to our warm fires.

I hope the Amigo's do not feel slighted because their adventures are still tops with many of us.
Direct link to some of the threads mentioned. By PDRJohn,Deek,MaSmart, RedBaron73

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #3

Posting in to say: When I get some I'll look into those parks.

Plus this will help remind me to check back in here.

SO, I guess that means I give a hoot!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #4

Sounds like a great plan! One more HOOT for the affirmative
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #5
One of the Hoots

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Deek ... good choice of a Thread Heading, it sure got my attention. Also thanks for stepping up and taking the lead on this. Hope it will be easier than "herding cats" ...

We will sure try to attend this "gathering" if at all possible. I like the Traverse Bay RV Resort but it's a long ways from south Florida. Was thinking if we could find a place more central, it might help with attendance. Two (2) places we have stayed at and really like are:

Two Rivers Landing RV Resort (Sevierville, TN)

Two Rivers Landing RV Resort Near Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, and Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Mountain Falls Luxury Motorcoach Resort (Lake Toxaway, NC)

mtn-falls.com

I think the prices are about the same as Traverse Bay. Two Rivers would be easier to get to but I don't know the availably that time of the year. Will call them to ask. Lake Toxaway is a great park ... but the roads into it are challenging and will make you use "all gears and engine brake functions"!!

Just offering some suggestions (but I am only one Hoot of many). There are many more RV Resorts in these areas that others might recommend.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
You can count us in.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
The Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK) Region 5 annual rally is being held at River Plantation 11/11-15. Might want to consider having the group join in this rally. Contact Bob Krieger at nkkregion5@verizon.net or 757-303-3535.

The advantage to doing this is the rally activities are already planned and River Plantation is at the edge of all the area entertainment. Two Rivers is a very nice CG. However, it is far away from the local activities. The group can also meet and mingle with many other Newmar owners.

October is leaf peeper month. The area will be packed. November is a better choice.

Deek, if you want, I can make the contact with Bob, let me know.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Standing by in listening mode. This could be fun!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
October or mid-November with NKK Region 5 Rally?

I am posting in on Gary's suggestion of hooking up our Hoots with the Newmar Kountry Klub Region 5 gathering in mid-November. Plenty of good reasons to do that, not the least of which is some Newmar affiliation. I don't know the CG, but if Gary says it is good, I am sure it is.

Pretty much all comments I have seen to date suggest that October is on everyone's mind for the best time to get together. We were planning to get to River Bend late October or early November -- we would be willing to hold that off till mid-November if this is the wish of a number of others. So do people like October or is mid-November okay?

How about weighing in on this question?

Gary, thanks, as always, for the willingness to help.

Deek
FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I'm into winterization by November. So it's not our first choice.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
One of the Hoots

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
November would not work for us as we already have some commitments then ... (but we are only two Hoots of many).

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like a great idea. Were in the northeast by Nov. we are winterized, but what a couple of gallons
Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #13

Those both look like great campgrounds, I'd have to flip a coin.

Oct-Nov makes no difference to us. However Oct may be a little better, but way to early for us to know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #14

Deek,
Thanks for taking the initiative to start this. Love the thread title.

As with PDR John it makes no real difference to us October vs November, but I can empathize with those with a need to winterize as I would also have been doing so by the end of October in our past life. If we can get more of us together then I vote for October. Even though we'd be starting out in Michigan, I agree with Steve's comment that a more centralized location might make more sense. The two resorts Steve mentioned look very nice. I'm sure Lisa and I would enjoy either one.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original)
dpeterso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar