Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #71
Administrator Emeritus

Dave, while Qzite doesn't interest me as a destination, I'd personally want the vendors,catering and at least "some" entertainment the BLM rules now prohibit...

The Black Pearl is allergic to all that dust!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #72

Bob, Just visit us for some great food/drink and bring your favorite DVDs/CDs for our outside entertainment center. Plenty of entertainment also(ATVs, etc.). I can understand why you may want the vendors to fix problems, etc. though.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #73

We are in Hermosa, SD for the NKK Fulltimers rally. There is about 58 rigs in the group with most going to Gillette on Sat. Several storms have headed our way, but would turn and go north. One of them hit around Spearfish and we heard that 25 of 27 rigs had some type of damage.

Also, this was our first time with this chapter and what a great fun group they are. If you are a fulltimer and not a member, I would suggest that you join the chapter.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:50 AM   #74
Administrator Emeritus

I arrived late yesterday afternoon here in Spearfish with the Florida contingent...There were indeed many rigs that sustained some sort of damage from the effects of weathering the outskirts of the tornado. I was told the damage ranges from a bent slide out, several lost slide topper awnings and even the loss of roof air covers. I met briefly with the wagonmaster last night and he was telling me of his success in arranging several service visits from a local dealer for the members here.

Thank you for your offer of joining the "Fulltimers" but as I plan to be in Florida more often than not, I have joined the Florida "Sea Turtles" and the "Manatees" and will follow as many as their events through the season as possible.

I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone associated with the NKK and the various events I've attended thus far, from the chapter rallies to the State rallies and soon my FIRST International!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 AM   #75

We have a similar plan. We will be spending more of our time in Tennessee, so we plan to get involved with that Chapter.

I just wanted to point out what a great chapter that we found the "Fulltimers" to be for any fulltimers.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:20 AM   #76
Administrator Emeritus

Last night was the night traditionally reserved for State gatherings and as I wanted to meet as many people in and around my Region I asked to "tag along" with Linda and Doug Randolph, my Region 5 Directors.

Seems pizza was the menu of choice as we attended 3 different pizza parties!

Congrats to the Tennessee State folks on their SEVENTH BIRTHDAY!!

Tennessee was formed some seven years ago, right here in Gillette.

I was able to meet a LOT of very nice people and I look forward to seeing many of them again at the Region 5 Rally in Stone Mountain,GA in September.

Thank you Linda and Doug for allowing me to tag along for the evening...
Old 07-03-2007, 04:39 AM   #77
Administrator Emeritus

Still hanging out here in Gillette til after the fireworks on the 4th but wanted to mention that while I plan to support my Florida Sea Turtle/Manatee chapters this winter,I've also signed up for these events and would love to meet other folks there as well...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Region 5 Rally
*GA State Rally
*SC State Rally
*NC State Rally
*Branson Christmas Show
*Christmas in the Smokies[/list]
Also plan to attend the FL Super Show with the NKK in January....
Old 08-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #78
Administrator Emeritus

I guess I'll post this here since it is NKK related...

As most of you know by now I am on my second Newmar coach, having owned the '07 EXDP and now the '07 LADB, but that's not what I'm writing about this time.

I learned at the NKK International Rally in Gillette that only ONE in TEN Newmar Owners are actually card carrying members of their "own" manufacturers owner's club.

I must go on record in this forum by saying the past year of being a member in the NKK has led me down the path of making MANY new friends, many of which I truly believe will become life long friends.
I have attended chapter rallies with local chapters, a State Rally with many different coaches and rigs and now my first International Rally of any kind.

I just wanted to take a moment and personally thank EVERYONE that has had a hand in making my first year of membership a GREAT one and not only that, I want to ENCOURAGE EVERY NEWMAR OWNER to give thought to joining the Newmar Kountry Klub.
You'll get the chance to read about happenings in and around Newmar, as well as the opportunity to attend MANY different kinds of outings, from a balloon fiesta to Christmas in the Smokies and everything in between.

I truly believe I've found a "home" and hope to see all of you soon!

I'll be attending the NC,SC,GA State Rallies as well as the Region 5 gathering in September in Stone Mountain,GA.
I'll also be in attendance in Branson for the Branson Christmas and at the Christmas in the Smokies Rally as well...

Let's GO CAMPING!!
Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #79
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
My visit to Newmar I reup and even got my old number back, now to find time to attend a rally.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #80
Administrator Emeritus

Atta boy Roger!!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #81

Bob,

We joined NKK shortly after purchasing our DSDP in '03. We're members of the FL Aires. Before gong fulltime in 4/07 I was VP of the chapter.

Although we also belonged to a Good Sam chapter and a few FMCA chapters we always enjoyed NKK outings the most.

We've been workcamping as fulltimers, so it's difficult to make the rallies. However, we will revisit the FL Aires this winter. Perhaps we'll see you there.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #82

Any plans for a Newmar gathering at the 2009 Tampa RV Super show; WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14 - SUNDAY, JANUARY 18, 2009?

2005 Dutch Star
Triton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #83

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Fred,
The short answer is yes. For details, consider looking in the NKK Event Discussion Forum. It is just below the Newmar Owner's Forum.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #84

Thanks Gary,
I was looking at the NKK web site and didn't see anything about the 2009 Tampa RV Super Show. Will try the NKK Event Discussion Forum.

2005 Dutch Star
Triton is offline   Reply With Quote