Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
One of the great things about my time in the Entegra family was the community, most all of the coaches were basically identical in parts and shared many common problems so there was never a lull in the conversations. I have found this community hard to duplicate with my Newmar family, I believe, because of the diverse product line, 50 year product age range and vast difference in chassis and house systems. I feel welcome with my Newmar family we just don’t have a lot in common (coach talk wise) when we get together.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #16

I always shy away from groups or clubs or organizations that exclude one person or group of people from participation based on some narrow arbitrary requirement. Yes, I own a 2017 LADP, so what. I put my shorts on the same way the owner of a Bay Star does. Yes, I would like to hear more on the forum from owners with coaches that have SilverLeaf installed. Across the models our systems in the end work much the same, although getting there can be quite different. I believe the Dutch Star is the largest selling model that Newmar has, so do you leave them out. How about a diesel only group, I don't think so either. I do enjoy reading post from other Newmar owners. I believe a Newmar owner group is narrow enough.

P.S. I would like to see a moderator shut this thread down. There is no need to divide. We are RVers enjoying some of the best times of our lives.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
I always shy away from groups or clubs or organizations that exclude one person or group of people from participation based on some narrow arbitrary requirement. Yes, I own a 2017 LADP, so what. I put my shorts on the same way the owner of a Bay Star does. Yes, I would like to hear more on the forum from owners with coaches that have SilverLeaf installed. Across the models our systems in the end work much the same, although getting there can be quite different. I believe the Dutch Star is the largest selling model that Newmar has, so do you leave them out. How about a diesel only group, I don't think so either. I do enjoy reading post from other Newmar owners. I believe a Newmar owner group is narrow enough.

P.S. I would like to see a moderator shut this thread down. There is no need to divide. We are RVers enjoying some of the best times of our lives.

I’ll second that motion. From a lowly 2017 Ventanna LE 4037 owner.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:11 PM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Is there a group or club for owners of King Aire, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire that get together for rallies and gatherings?

(Like what the Entegra folks do)

And if not and you own one of these coaches would be interested in such a group?
The group is called Newmar Kountry Klub and it welcomes everyone who owns a Newmar.... Over the years I've been to many NEWMAR events and it doesn't matter whether you own a Kountry Star or a King Aire. every event I ever went to was a BLAST. My youngest daughter was 11 or 12 at the time and she's in her twenties and still talks about the fun times.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I guess you will have to count Matt Miller out when he was next to me at the International Rally he was in his DSDP.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #20

I would not like to belong to any group that would have someone one like me as a member...
Old 12-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #21

I think many people are taking this the wrong way. I could immediately see the elitist attacks coming. But that isn’t what I hope was intended.

I enjoy meeting all RV owners. They are almost all friendly and interesting people. But there is nothing wrong with getting together with a group that has common interests. After all, we are a group of Newmar owners. Does that mean we wouldn’t associate with Winnebago owners or would look down upon them? Of course not.

We, as owners of Newmars, group together because we like to talk to others with similar issues and interests. Most of my RVing friends do not own Newmars, so I enjoy coming here to learn more about my coach. But I’m not going to stop being friendly with people I know who own Prevosts or Entegras.

There is a benefit to getting together with people who own similar coaches – King Aire, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire – to discuss common issues. And if an owner of a Dutch Star or Ventana or even a Winnebago wants to join the group and learn about our coaches, I am sure he would be welcomed too.

It isn’t about excluding people –it is about finding other people with a common interest. I see nothing wrong with that.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #22

Being a new King Aire owner the only reason why I would want to be in a group of only King Aire owners is in a Class Action Lawsuit! [emoji36]
Old 12-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Gluckman View Post
I think many people are taking this the wrong way. I could immediately see the elitist attacks coming. But that isn’t what I hope was intended.

I enjoy meeting all RV owners. They are almost all friendly and interesting people. But there is nothing wrong with getting together with a group that has common interests. After all, we are a group of Newmar owners. Does that mean we wouldn’t associate with Winnebago owners or would look down upon them? Of course not.

We, as owners of Newmars, group together because we like to talk to others with similar issues and interests. Most of my RVing friends do not own Newmars, so I enjoy coming here to learn more about my coach. But I’m not going to stop being friendly with people I know who own Prevosts or Entegras.

There is a benefit to getting together with people who own similar coaches – King Aire, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire – to discuss common issues. And if an owner of a Dutch Star or Ventana or even a Winnebago wants to join the group and learn about our coaches, I am sure he would be welcomed too.

It isn’t about excluding people –it is about finding other people with a common interest. I see nothing wrong with that.
Thanks, and that was one of my reasons for asking the question: "There is a benefit to getting together with people who own similar coaches – King Aire, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire – to discuss common issues. " and meeting for rallies and gatherings with similar coaches.

I can also assume that no such group or club exists so thanks for all your opinions.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:08 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Gluckman View Post

Agree.......

I have a 2017 Canyon Star.

It is fun to find another Canyon Star owner and swap stories.

People look at us with envy because we have a Newmar.........

They think we have money - LOL - - I'm just an old retired solider.

Happy Holidays.......

g
Old 12-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #25

a similar 'scenario' came to a negative head in North Georgia at the then 'Airstream Only' campground .... when Airstream started producing 'ClassA diesel' modern coaches. The parks original intent did not take any consideration of these new 'looking' motorized coaches, and therefore many original 'classic' Airstream trailer owners were not for allowing these 'different' looking RVs into their 'club' at the campground... eventually, though, the park decided to start allowing these coaches into the campground, to the dismay of many 'original' owners, who are very proud of their 'REAL' Airstream trailers.
When I drive by, I see some of the 'newer' coaches in the campground, but they are typically found 'together' in their own area... I'm sure they like it that way too, where they are close to those with similar coaches, issues, design, and discussions.... but that's just my assumption, of course.

of course, since the motorized coaches produced by Airstream are no longer produced(other than ClassB Mercedes types), it seems as though the park is going back to it's 'original' look.

now, I also have a 'dog' in this Hunt.... I am a Thor Palazzo owner. Thor owns Airstream(actually, Thor was STARTED by buying Airstream years ago!). Thor started Thor Motor Coach, and the Palazzo line in 2012/13. Shouldn't I be 'grandfathered' into the Airstream family?

just a thought : )

by the way, the Airstream park, north of Helen, Georgia, is in a beautiful setting at the base of the mountain passes over to Hiawassee, Georgia. Take this route the next chance you get in this area. The switchbacks and steep grades will give you a joy!
Of course, this is if you can make it successfully thru the Bavarian town of Helen, and all it's tourists!........
"It´s the charm of Bavaria, in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains"
Old 12-20-2017, 06:56 AM   #26

While traveling this past summer I ran across a thirty something year old London Aire fifth wheel. I guess since it is called London Aire then they would be allowed into this proposed group or not. BTW, the finish on this unit was in terrific shape.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
While traveling this past summer I ran across a thirty something year old London Aire fifth wheel. I guess since it is called London Aire then they would be allowed into this proposed group or not. BTW, the finish on this unit was in terrific shape.
Not sure what the purpose of your comment is, but to clarify. There is a benefit to getting together with people who own similar coaches – King Aire, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire – to discuss common issues, and meeting for rallies and gatherings with similar coaches. I would have nothing in common with a 5 fifth wheel other than being a fellow RVer and having a beer.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:21 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I think this forum will benefit like coaches with your questions vs a rally of like kind. You may have a rally of people that know little or have little experience vs here you have a wealth of help from current and/or prior owners and the beauty of this forum is the questions and answers live forever for others to discover via search. A small group benefits the few if any. You’d be better served in this online rally.
Closed Thread

Tags
newmar