Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Not sure what the purpose of your comment is, but to clarify. There is a benefit to getting together with people who own similar coaches – King Aire, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire – to discuss common issues, and meeting for rallies and gatherings with similar coaches. I would have nothing in common with a 5 fifth wheel other than being a fellow RVer and having a beer.
That is just the point. You would need to add additional restrictions on the group other than name. Maybe you could limit the group to say only people with a certain net worth, or maybe from a certain background, or maybe a specific occupation, or maybe from a certain country. There could be a Canadian group, an American group, or an European group. Just a very bad idea.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Newmar Luxury or Highline Group

Quote:
I consider all the Entegra's to Luxury or Highline, plus the line is very young.
Newmar is divided into Luxury, Diesel, and Gas.

The question is: Is there a group or club for owners of King Aire, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire that get together for rallies and gatherings?

Normally I wouldn’t give you the time of day, but I could not let these elitist comments go untouched.
Have you looked at an Insignia? My Canyon Star was equal or better in many ways. Perhaps Newmar events can just be segregated, and all of the “expensive” Newmars could get preferential parking, with their own private facilities. There will be some challenges, everyone with a Mountain Aire should bring their MSRP because if they added no options they may fall into a fully loaded Dutch Star price and that could be tragic, right?
Enjoy the ride, life is short.
Commoner,Stuart
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Old 12-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hunt View Post
I’ll second that motion. From a lowly 2017 Ventanna LE 4037 owner.

End of subject, well said!
Old 12-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #32
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, please discuss the issue and not each other.

Some of the posts are crossing the line.

From our rules;

Quote:
Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation,and national origin are not acceptable.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes we have the NKK a MFG Rally of all the coach's they make gas and DP.
We also have a DP group not mention yet of Hoots started back in 2013 when these members join irv2 and all purchased new Newmar's in the highline lineup.
They have a rally every year so far at a major dealer location in Campgrounds that can handle the size of rally and dealers can supply new Newmars for viewing and the Newmar factory owners and people you talk to when ordering your new coach and also rep's from Vender Suppliers for seminars of their product.
The new location for the rally is usually announced in early spring for location and people interested, the first rallys started with 25 coach's and has grown to a 50 coach limit in recent years.
Every year there is a turn over of attendees so it's not just the original HOOT's from 2013.
When the announcement comes in spring, some of the sites go fast but there are still openings later in summer for people and things happen and some others show up with a cancellation or two.
The rallies are run by DEEK of HOOT's fame and this thread will have the goings on of the pass HOOT's rallies.
If your interested in the original HOOT's of 2013 you can read their threads at the top area of QT's # 3. Many MOD's and problem solving of their coach's.
A warning there are people already waiting for the posting of new rally location so they can make plans for the 2018 year rally location, the HOOT's are a value to the Newmar Corp for their input to coach problems, new designs and the good input they provide.
So if your looking for something of value and fun the HOOT's rally will be of good value and interest.
There is no age limit to year of your coach, older coach's are welcomed which will prove to everyone the value of a older Newmar, when attendees have open house tour of their coach's.

Maybe if your interested you have a location to present for the rally for 2018
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 12-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #34

HERE! HERE! I third the motion to shut this thread down - just another low-line, non-luxury 2018 Dutch Star 4018 owner...
Old 12-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostDutchman View Post
HERE! HERE! I third the motion to shut this thread down - just another low-line, non-luxury 2018 Dutch Star 4018 owner...
I see no reason to shutting down a thread, when other SOB's will want to enter Newmar topics with their 2 cents just to get some aggravated.
I do not think a gas owner would be denied access to a HOOT's rally if your looking for future development into upper coach's, it maybe different in other SOB coach rallies.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 12-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #36

Quote:
There is a benefit to getting together with people who own similar coaches – King Aire, Essex, London Aire, Mountain Aire – to discuss common issues, and meeting for rallies and gatherings with similar coaches.
I agree that there are benefits that can be shared across members of a similar group. This generally plays out in my experience in the technology arena and with mechanical systems. What do you see as the similarities of of the KA/ESSEXS/LA/MA that are significant enough differentiators from the others (ie. VLDP/VTDP/DS) to preclude them?

Newmar obviously groups those product lines into different brand strategies, but other than the marketing side, what issues or ownership concerns would be distinguishing?

Quote:
I would have nothing in common with a 5 fifth wheel other than being a fellow RVer and having a beer.

Some might say that what you *do* have common with that 5th wheel owner far outweighs the 'nothing' that you have in common.

John
Old 12-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotspike View Post
I agree that there are benefits that can be shared across members of a similar group. This generally plays out in my experience in the technology arena and with mechanical systems. What do you see as the similarities of of the KA/ESSEXS/LA/MA that are significant enough differentiators from the others (ie. VLDP/VTDP/DS) to preclude them?

Newmar obviously groups those product lines into different brand strategies, but other than the marketing side, what issues or ownership concerns would be distinguishing?

Some might say that what you *do* have common with that 5th wheel owner far outweighs the 'nothing' that you have in common.

John

Not to mention NA
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Old 12-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Not to mention NA

Do NA owners camp? I thought they just dissected their rigs?
Old 12-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Not to mention NA
NA? Seems I lack an entry in my acronym dictionary, assuming you don't mean Naturally Aspirated.

John
Old 12-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We attended the last Hoots Rally and Bill Hunt or Deek can correct me if I'm wrong but Bills memory is as bad as mine. There were a couple of gas coaches,4 VLDP, several VDP and DSDP and Luxury Coaches. The fellowship was great and we saw mods made on higher end rigs that we can do to our coach and things we did to ours that can be done to more expensive rigs. Just because you have a high end coach doesn't mean that the guy lowly VLDP might have an answer his last coach may have been a King Aire.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #41

JK,ing

Old 12-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
United We Stand, Divided We Fall. Even if such a club or group were to be formed it would still represent exclusion (be it intentional or perceived). I'll stick with the wider group of Newmar owners (irrespective of model or age) and continue to learn from those who have a much wider knowledge base including all members of the IRV2/Newmar Owners' Forum who willingly share their learnings unbiasedly.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
Closed Thread

Tags
newmar