Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #1

Newmar Newaire excite 360 camera problem

I just took delivery of Newaire 3343. Love the fit and finish as well as the solid luxurious feel. The one problem I had on the drive home had to do with the 360 HD camera system. In the 350 mile drive the camera display screen would shut off then come back on very dark and with black lines interrupting the images. After about 5-7 minutes the picture would come back as clear as can be. This happened about 22 times in 6 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0152.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	196027  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
could it be an overheating issue?

ktmnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:04 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2.
Link to find your way around irv2.
This important link for Newmar owners.
A LINK for NA Owners.
All the links below in my signature have answers for your Newmar.
Congrats on your NA and a welcome to the Newmar family.
Enjoy the forum and your coach and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGS NA2018 View Post
I just took delivery of Newaire 3343. Love the fit and finish as well as the solid luxurious feel. The one problem I had on the drive home had to do with the 360 HD camera system. In the 350 mile drive the camera display screen would shut off then come back on very dark and with black lines interrupting the images. After about 5-7 minutes the picture would come back as clear as can be. This happened about 22 times in 6 hours.
Welcome. If you have not been following the posts here be prepared to drink from a fire hose.

Your problem is most likely related to the HDMI plug leading from the camera display panel. I had the same problem.

Wiring in the NA is an issue. The wire bundles in the dash were completely unsupported in my NA. In many cases the various modules in the dash were actually dangling and swinging from the wire bundles. I found the HDMI connector leading to camera panel that had been taped together with electrical tape but under tension from the wire bundle hanging below. This led to intermittent drop out of video on my camera panel.

So look for that HDMI cable and you my find your problem.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:23 AM   #5

Looks like as much fun to work on as my Entegra. I had 3 HDMI cables in my core unit that were connected with 90 degree connectors. Unfortunately a large unsupported wiring loom was laid directly on top of the cables and connectors which bent the 90 degree connectors down at a 45 degree angle. That destroyed one of the HDMI ports which necessitated changing out the core unit. DW and I had no problem connecting the HDMI cables to the new core unit w/o resorting to the lousy 90 degree connectors. After the judicious use of some zip ties we have a much cleaner install.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Welcome. If you have not been following the posts here be prepared to drink from a fire hose.

Your problem is most likely related to the HDMI plug leading from the camera display panel. I had the same problem.

Wiring in the NA is an issue. The wire bundles in the dash were completely unsupported in my NA. In many cases the various modules in the dash were actually dangling and swinging from the wire bundles. I found the HDMI connector leading to camera panel that had been taped together with electrical tape but under tension from the wire bundle hanging below. This led to intermittent drop out of video on my camera panel.

So look for that HDMI cable and you my find your problem.

I appreciate your help. I have gone thru your whole thread about your Newmar. Great info. I figured that it had to do with a loose cable. I will open the area up today. Again, thanks for the info

Darren
2018 Newmar Newaire 3343
Old 03-20-2018, 05:19 AM   #7

Thanks guys, we read this to our Newmar service tech & he secured our HDMI cable. Regarding the wiring nest, ours is definitely better than the pictures shown of the earlier NAs but it still needs some tidying.
Lilfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot View Post
Thanks guys, we read this to our Newmar service tech & he secured our HDMI cable. Regarding the wiring nest, ours is definitely better than the pictures shown of the earlier NAs but it still needs some tidying.
Lilfoot,
Can you turn your camera off? Mine stays lit up 24/7 thus possibly burning an image on the screen (you listening Newmar?).
R. D. Vanderslice (an official "Aire Head")
2018 New Aire 3341
2017 Leisure Travel Unity MB - Sold
Old 03-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot View Post
Double check that HDMI connection. On my NA the plastic electrical tape they used to hold the connection together actually stretched under tension and heat. There is no clamp on an HDMI connector. Not designed for use in a mobile operation. May need to hold it together with a ty wrap.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
Lilfoot,
Can you turn your camera off? Mine stays lit up 24/7 thus possibly burning an image on the screen (you listening Newmar?).
R. D. Vanderslice (an official "Aire Head")
2018 New Aire 3341
2017 Leisure Travel Unity MB - Sold
Hit the house button on the bottom of the main screen after you hit menu. For some reason the house button is only active when in ACC or the unit is running. That will turn off the screens a couple of seconds after motor stopped. Doesn't always work, really weird.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:51 PM   #11

We’ve been turning it off with the house button as well.
Lilfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGS NA2018 View Post
Hit the house button on the bottom of the main screen after you hit menu. For some reason the house button is only active when in ACC or the unit is running. That will turn off the screens a couple of seconds after motor stopped. Doesn't always work, really weird.
DGS and Lilfoot,
Wore that button out after suggestions by Turbo and Mike and several others. I was told by a dealer tech guy that Newmar said it has to stay on, something about a safety issue. Huh? I'm going to talk to Newmar about that and a couple of other issues, so will report later. Each day after travel I have to take the cover off the dash and unplug the connector to the screen to get it off. I'm about to do an easy fix and that is to buy a flip switch to match the row of other lower dash switches and run the Xite screen wire through it. At the very end of the switch line just below the culprit screen is a dead switch slot with a dummy fill in switch. I think that the red wire on the wire harness to the screen is the hot wire so I should be able to just cut it and run it through the new switch? I'm tired of having to take the dash top piece off and fight with the connector each day after travel. The new switch will look like it belongs there, but just not have a label. That's all this "New Aire Head" knows to do. Fix should be less than $20.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 Newmar Newaire 3341
2017 LTV Unity MB
Several Class A's

Tags
air, camera, newmar