Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #29

I need more; this is interesting!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #30
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Rode a motorcycle for alot of years (1970 - not dead yet). A biker is someone who loves being on a "bike" no matter the brand. A fellow RV'er is someone who values the lifestyle regardless of the brand. JMHO

On offering advice. I don't ignor your advice because I don't like you, it's just you didn't notice you don't know what you're talking about

Yes this is a great forum

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:40 AM   #31

It has nothing to do with the brand but the person. There are a couple posters on this forum that are just as condescending, pompous and know it all.

Southwest Florida
2016 Dutchstar 4369
Old 09-19-2016, 08:15 AM   #32

Well I hope we can all get along at the end of the thread The forum is about information and the exchange of information that benefits the user and if need be point out the obvious to the manufacturer if they produce a product or a system that owners are having problems with after purchase. After all we all know the companies monitor this forum!

I am previous Entegra owner since 2012. Future owner of a Newmar in the next few weeks. Finished and going thru Quality Control.

I posted a lot on the Entegra forum mostly in the "tell us about your Modification" thread. I also rendered advice and hopefully helped a person or two along the way. I know a lot of Entegra owners gave me some great ideas and updated me on things I did not know existed.

My observation; Entegra owners are great and the company (Entegra are equally great) to deal with and be around. Made a lot of good friends on and off the forum. Still have what I call friends at Entegra corporate.

Now I can equally say everyone that I have met on and off the forum that have newmars are equally great people. The newmar company has also been great to deal with and from stories around the camp fire they also stand behind their product. I guess I am about to find out first hand as a new owner.

People just need to move on and accept the fact that their coach (no matter who made it) is the best in the world in their eyes. No need to point out I got this on mine and you don't so mine is better. That just makes your coach have something on it that I don't have on mine.

At the end of the day, I hopefully will be able to post on Newmar and Entegra. After all, we have the same passion for travelling in a motorcoach.

See you all along the journey.
dusty56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the Newmar forum dusty56 and the Newmar family.
Below in my signature you will find many links for things to do in your Newmar.
Enjoy the forum and safe travels in your Newmar and yes members do like pictures.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
Well I hope we can all get along at the end of the thread The forum is about information and the exchange of information that benefits the user and if need be point out the obvious to the manufacturer if they produce a product or a system that owners are having problems with after purchase. After all we all know the companies monitor this forum!

I am previous Entegra owner since 2012. Future owner of a Newmar in the next few weeks. Finished and going thru Quality Control.

I posted a lot on the Entegra forum mostly in the "tell us about your Modification" thread. I also rendered advice and hopefully helped a person or two along the way. I know a lot of Entegra owners gave me some great ideas and updated me on things I did not know existed.

My observation; Entegra owners are great and the company (Entegra are equally great) to deal with and be around. Made a lot of good friends on and off the forum. Still have what I call friends at Entegra corporate.

Now I can equally say everyone that I have met on and off the forum that have newmars are equally great people. The newmar company has also been great to deal with and from stories around the camp fire they also stand behind their product. I guess I am about to find out first hand as a new owner.

People just need to move on and accept the fact that their coach (no matter who made it) is the best in the world in their eyes. No need to point out I got this on mine and you don't so mine is better. That just makes your coach have something on it that I don't have on mine.

At the end of the day, I hopefully will be able to post on Newmar and Entegra. After all, we have the same passion for travelling in a motorcoach.

See you all along the journey.
Hello and welcome Dusty!!!! Can I ask.....what model Newmar are you moving into?? London Aire/King Aire?
Old 09-20-2016, 06:50 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
While I am a happy Entegra owner, I have a great appreciation for Newmar and I lurk on this Newmar forum quite a bit. Occasionally I will post here if I have something relevant to say, but most of the time I just want to look and learn because I want to understand and appreciate the differences between my coach and a Newmar, and because often I lack the first-hand experience with a Newmar to be able to add value to the discussion.

I have noticed numerous posts on the Entegra forum from SOB owners that are just off-base, irrelevant, or misleading. When someone advises the owner of a Cornerstone with a heating problem to check his propane, he is wasting the time of those on the board because Cornerstones use AquaHot heaters and have no propane aboard. This is just an example. I have seen similar off-base and misleading comments on other systems such as thermostats, lighting, Auto Gen Start, you name it. These systems are NOT the same on all coaches, so please don't post your experience with your gas coach transmission on a diesel coach forum. I think this is why the suggestion was made that people lurk on the forum, but refrain form posting unless they know something about the coach that is the subject of the forum thread.

If you have questions, or appropriate information to post on the Entegra forum, I think your post will be welcomed as it should be.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
...I have noticed numerous posts on the...forum from SOB owners that are just off-base, irrelevant, or misleading. When someone advises the owner of a Cornerstone with a heating problem to check his propane, he is wasting the time of those on the board because Cornerstones use AquaHot heaters and have no propane aboard. This is just an example. I have seen similar off-base and misleading comments on other systems such as thermostats, lighting, Auto Gen Start, you name it. These systems are NOT the same on all coaches, so please don't post your experience with your gas coach transmission on a diesel coach forum. I think this is why the suggestion was made that people lurk on the forum, but refrain form posting unless they know something about the coach that is the subject of the forum thread...

In a perfect world, every post would receive excellent and professional replies.

But this IS NOT a perfect world and (HOPEFULLY) there will always be eager albeit slightly uninformed members, just trying to help.

If that is the case, the Quorum could and should simply thank them for their input and gently invite their attention to these points (like the details mentioned above).

That is part of what makes iRV2 SO GREAT...everyone maybe trying to give a helping hand.

And, there should NEVER be reason to be rude.

Thanks to all for contributing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Just so it is stated...
The Community Rules invite all members to participate in all areas of the Forum.
And, the rules require courtesy to be exhibited between members.
See: http://www.irv2.com/forums/misc.php?...ork&page=rules

The Owner's Forums are not exclusively for Owners, but for discussion of brand specific topics.

Thanks to all for contributing.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #37

Palehorse89, Thanks for the welcome. We decided to go with a KA new model 4533. We have been searching for that type of layout and Newmar offered it this year. What we really liked is the Dining is on the passenger side, Kitchen on Drivers side. Both slides are flush floor tiled and we had Lambright recliners installed. A lot of other mods throughout.

So far Newmar has be great to work with.
dusty56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:41 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Smile That a Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
Palehorse89, Thanks for the welcome. We decided to go with a KA new model 4533. We have been searching for that type of layout and Newmar offered it this year. What we really liked is the Dining is on the passenger side, Kitchen on Drivers side. Both slides are flush floor tiled and we had Lambright recliners installed. A lot of other mods throughout.

So far Newmar has be great to work with.
We sure would like to see some picture's Dusty.........inside and out please when you pick her up and have some time
Again, congrats..........and safe travels to you!!

Tags
forum, newmar