RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Newmar "Product Information Bulletins"

Last night when I tried to get into our Coach Information Parts,TSB's & other information related to our coach's the link was shut down.
This morning I found out why we now have PRODUCT INFORMATION BULLETINS being added to the site.
Right now I could only get into two but there are future links to go up into the 400's.

LINK TO INFORMATION ----link is in Quick Tips & Mods

Anyone new to this forum if you own a Newmar you can get much information on your coach, chassis, paints, hardware & furniture for your coach.
You have to input your coach number, similar to 700963 & add CS on end---700963CS-- and you will gain information for your coach.

SOME OF THIS INFORMATION can be shared with members on irv2 pertaining to chassis, SPARTAN, FREIGHTLINER, Workhorse & FORD.

When you do this put the TSB's & Product Bulletins in their respective forums.
This information on chassis's is related to these MFG's listed. Parts if needed are a different story may only be a Newmar part or it could be a part from the chassis MFG.
For example a Newmar TSB for the fix on Workhorse chassis because of water being ingested into the engine the part from Newmar can only be for Newmar coach's but that does not mean someone could fabricate a part.
With 400 PIB's to come expect at times no access to the web link in the evenings especially.
I can only see all this information and future adds a very helpful tool for us and others on irv2.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club

Is the "coach number" the last 6 digits of the VIN number?

It might be helpful to describe that as well as the password, somewhere, maybe in TIPS & EASY MODS, if it hasnt been already. I know I have seen the password in some thread, but can find it now. Is it "retail" ?

Thanks,

Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
No. The VIN is assigned by the chassis manufacturer.

Newmar assigns a 6 digit number to all their RV's.

I believe all Dutch Stars start with a 6.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post

It might be helpful to describe that as well as the password, somewhere, maybe in TIPS & EASY MODS, if it hasnt been already. I know I have seen the password in some thread, but can find it now. Is it "retail" ?

Thanks,
Romeo,

There is no password needed. If 007's link leads you to a page that asks for a password, try this.

Go to Newmar Motorhome & RV Parts Lookup | Newmar Corporation

then click on the link that follows the text on that page.

Don
Old 12-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
All LINKS will be routed to Quick Tips & Mods.
SECOND link for coach information input your coach build number, similar to this one 700963CS, ADD CS and hit GO. There is no pass word.
This will give your coach information for parts, TSB's and all other information for your specific coach.
The windows below the sign in will have TSB's for all coach's, paint used for your model, and other technical info for all coach's.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks DON its funny how if I move link out of QT's it times out in posts I place it but never in the QT's thread.
I used your link in the QT's thread but it fails outside that thread????
Until everyones in the know they will just have to do the extra step.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
OK, got it.

The "coach number" on my Spec Sheet is titled "Newmar Seriral No." and is only 5 digits long, so I was a little confused.

While waiting for a response here, I tried the last 6 digits of my VIN with the "CS" suffix and it appeared to work. The screen that I got did have a serial no. input blank and I used "retail". So, it looks like there is more than one input screen, depending on what link one uses, and it will accept various input data...????

Of course when I went back to verify all this, the page would not come up. It must have been down for maintenance.

Thanks all,
Old 12-06-2010, 04:44 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Romeo, your coach number can be found on a sheet of paper on a cabinet door or inside back closet wall, if you have back closet, or in your information black case packet. Should be six digits.
Try my number 700963CS and you will see the same number come up on next page with also model number of coach and my VIN #.
Using the end numbers of your VIN# will not work.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club

Hey, I've got the cheap version of the 2000 Dutch Star... no back closet, only one slide, and no fancy-schmancy "black case", AND no full body paint. I wish you would quit reminding me of what I'm missing... (no tile, no 4-door refer, no king size bed, no gen autostart...)

Because I have such an OLD COACH, the serial number is, apparently, only 5 digits... hey maybe that makes it a collectors item... low serial number!

I did use your coach number just to make sure I got the right page when I tried mine, and yes I was getting the correct, model specific information.

I did read the text boxes on the login page this time (who has time to read stuff?) and see that it does allow the VIN number as well as the coach serial number.

"...COACH SPECIFIC CATALOG

Enter the Newmar Coach Serial # followed by 'CS' or the last 7 digits of the Chassis VIN #
in the "SEARCH CATALOG" box above to search by a specific coach.
Example: 903172CS or 3409446
"

So, all is well... have all I need.
(Except that Newmare isnt posting much info for the old, cheap version of the Dutch Star... )
Old 12-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
No Newmar is cheap Romeo I do now see the Vin# with 7 digits I was putting in 6.
I found some TSB's and Tech bulletins for a 2000 DS without signing in with numbers.
Lots of info on 99 & 2000.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
No Newmar is cheap Romeo...
OH no, no... I didnt mean cheap as in "cheap", I meant cheap as in "LESS EXPENSIVE".
Do you think I should send a letter of apology to Newmar and explain my poor choice of words, and beg for forgivness?

I actually found some interesting Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) on items that I had not know of.

Most of the information on a 2000 DS is under the "Model Year Search" rather than the "Coach Specific Catalog". I had been looking under coach specific.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #12

Hey Friends, What do you enter for the 5th wheels? I assume that it is not CS. This is very helpful for everyone!!!
jojolima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Romeo,
I have an 05 KSDP with "no tile, no 4-door refer, no king size bed, no gen autostart..." either. But I have what I need. Unfortunately, it is a personality defect (that's what the wife calls it). I buy what I need not what I want.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Romeo,
I have an 05 KSDP... I have what I need... not what I want.
Well that's no fun...

I actually have all we need, also... but it's hard to remember that when we park next to Dutch Airs and Essexes at the rallies. Sometimes I remind myself that I am not making $2000 monthly payments for my MH. That works for a day or two.

Ok, back to "on thread topic...".