Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2005, 07:06 AM   #1

I have owned three fifth wheels a Sunnybrook, an Alpenlite, and a Newmar London Aire. My London Aire is a 2000 we purchased it new. I was at the factory to finish up some odds and ends all minor stuff. I spoke to the man next to me and he mentioned there was a problem one some units with the full body paint interacting with the body panels on dark colors only. I talked to the service writer and yes there was a problem when the panels were manufactured. I believe Newmar uses a sub contractor on the exterior panels. I was told to make an appointment bring it back in the winter, warranty would cover the repair. Close to 85 % of the siding was replaced and the whole unit repainted. You may not be aware but the London Aire is seamless. To replace the siding and full body repaint is no small task. There was never anything but cooperation from Newmar. My total bill was zero . We originally bought a Newmar Product because of the the quality and reputation. I feel they are the best unit on the market. I have made a few comments on this forum and others concerning Newmar Quality all comments were positive. I am not going to go into the solid construction, no leaks, no drafts or smooth ride and ease of servicing . Things like water pumps, invertors, battery chargers are where you can get to them easily. I left a glass of water on the kitchen sink one thousand miles later the glass is in the same spot still half full.( sometimes we run real hard) How many can say that ?

If you own a Newmar product I hope you are as satisfied as I have been over the last four years.
Michael Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2005, 07:06 AM   #2

I have owned three fifth wheels a Sunnybrook, an Alpenlite, and a Newmar London Aire. My London Aire is a 2000 we purchased it new. I was at the factory to finish up some odds and ends all minor stuff. I spoke to the man next to me and he mentioned there was a problem one some units with the full body paint interacting with the body panels on dark colors only. I talked to the service writer and yes there was a problem when the panels were manufactured. I believe Newmar uses a sub contractor on the exterior panels. I was told to make an appointment bring it back in the winter, warranty would cover the repair. Close to 85 % of the siding was replaced and the whole unit repainted. You may not be aware but the London Aire is seamless. To replace the siding and full body repaint is no small task. There was never anything but cooperation from Newmar. My total bill was zero . We originally bought a Newmar Product because of the the quality and reputation. I feel they are the best unit on the market. I have made a few comments on this forum and others concerning Newmar Quality all comments were positive. I am not going to go into the solid construction, no leaks, no drafts or smooth ride and ease of servicing . Things like water pumps, invertors, battery chargers are where you can get to them easily. I left a glass of water on the kitchen sink one thousand miles later the glass is in the same spot still half full.( sometimes we run real hard) How many can say that ?

If you own a Newmar product I hope you are as satisfied as I have been over the last four years.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have had the pleasure of owning three Newmars since 98. The first two KS an MA on FORD chassis. In 2000 went on trip to Alberta, Canada an the windshield pop out of rubber gasket. Called Newmar from Montana, got appointment AUG.on trip back to MAss. Got W-S fixed plus new corien counter top, because of cracks, new door casing bedroom, screw up by dealer, air-conds serv, new head lamps. New coach sat on dealers lot for year 1/2 before I bought it. Was at Newmar four days until they were satisfied coach was 100%.
MA I had to place Air-Lift sys on Ford chassis myself, chassis couldn't support coach.
Now have KS been back to Mfg, dealer screwed up floor tiles an slide, again Mfg was 100%. Three year warranty an quality of factory workers, I think, is the best in the RV field. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #4

tailpipe & 007, thanks for giving your testimonial on Newmar service and warranty work, Newmar stands behind there product, I also have been the owner of four Newmar product's two fifth-wheels and two motorhomes, in my mind and as well as yours and hundreds of other satisfied Newmar Owners we think there the best. Ed.S
Old 03-17-2005, 04:53 PM   #5

I did research on all the trailers and visited the factories on two. I tell it like it is.We lived in the London Aire in West Texas in a location that the only thing between us and New Mexico was a barb wire fence. The temperature was 5 above f with a steady 60 mph wind coming off the road side rear quarter.Two ceramic heaters heated the coach and I was watching TV in shorts and short sleeves. Snug as a bug in a rug.We have owned a trailer that in a stiff wind a candle would get blown out and in a heavy rain water would run across the floor or on a rough road the shelves in the kitchen storage collapsed. I did some searing reviews of that coach. Ed if you thank anyone thank Newmar Corp and the work leaders and technicians they are the best. If anyone does a little research on Newmar Corp you will quickly see that Newmar was founded by Christians, not middle of the road fence straddlers but sold out Jesus is my all Christians. The Christian philisophy is followed today. They are proud of their relationship with GOD and freely admit that Jesus is the reason. This relationship with GOD shows in their attitudes and their work ethic. This may be a little biased, although I do not work for Newmar or any trailer manufacturer( I work in healthcare) I am a disciple of Jesus.

<><

Michael W. Richardson ( tailpipe)

I picked that handle up in 1971 laying under a 1967 Camaro installing loud mufflers. CB radios were the rage, I could not come up with a handle my father in law said try tailpipe...the rest is history......
Old 03-18-2005, 04:58 AM   #6

tailpipe, You said it right! Ed.S
Old 08-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #7

I think Newmar's quality and service is unmatched in the industry. I hope this is ongoing even with the shorter warranties.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree, but I put my faith in God and my trust in a three year warantee.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:36 PM   #9

M. Richardson> I think your theory about Newmar doing a good job because they are deeply devoted Christians is hogwash. They are smart business people. There are thousands of good businesses who are devoted to their customer base who are: Atheists, Jews,Muslim, Bahai, etc. There are also thousands of bad business people who dont give a **** and regularly rip off their customers and are: Christians, Jews, Atheists, etc. My point is that religion does not necessarily make a business person good or bad. Besides I dont think the new management at Newmar are devoted anythings. I also saw some mention of a 3 year warranty. I thought they dropped this for the 06 model year?
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #10

moisheh, this is fine, I gave my observation/ opinion you gave yours. You are free to believe what you like as am I. Have a great day.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #11

I Sincerely hope that my corrosion problem is taken care of as everyone else's problem was on this thread. It sure is taking long enough to get the estimate finalized from the dealer selected by Workhorse to inspect the problem ($30,000, so far). Meanwhile, I am having my own inspection done just to cover my six o'clock.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:16 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bob, welcome to irv2. The WH chassis are shipped to Newmar on flat bed trailer trucks stacked three or four high. They are not covered and are exposed to all the road salt during winter delivers. Is the Newmar coach body covered with rust or corrosion? There are to Mfg dates, chassis which you can find on sticker behind driver on wall and coach date in cabinet on sheet with weights, coach #, paint colors etc,etc.
You should call Newmar repair center with dealer, WH center and coach # to register a complaint so it will be on record with Newmar.
You didn't say how many miles on delivery let Newmar know this also, had some friends buy coach from same, dealer,not yours, both had mud caked on under carrige and NEWMAR cleaned up like new. Dealer was useing on trips to wooded area. Everyone wants to look inside coach on PDI,chassis should be on list also before handing over check.
When you have time type coach info in your sig-profile and you won't have to post everytime. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote