Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2016, 06:43 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar quality a month in

We have owned our Ventana for a month now, and lived in it almost 3 weeks. I know, just barely getting started, but we have learned a lot in a short time. We have already used it in 90 degree heat and sub-freezing cold, driven in 20-40mph winds, navigated parking lots and backed into tight sites, and have exercised all of the systems. I've been keeping a list of all the things that are not working, have issues, are broken, and it's quite a list.

Cracked tile in the kitchen
Screen in the door misaligned
Bad cabinet catch on the emergency door valence

...and that's it.

I'm sure we will run into things as we put more miles on and vibrations make their presence known, but we are getting to know OUR coach very well. My wife was stressed about this big lifestyle change and if there had been problems at the outset, I would have much bigger problems. This Ventana is just outstanding and I could not be any happier with our decision to go Newmar right out of the gate.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Glad to hear it's going so well for you. We've never bought a new RV and had such a short list, this is our 8th new one.
See you on the road.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #3

Glad you are having such good luck with your new coach. My list was pages long and during the first year, it was in the shop more than 6 months ! I'm still having issues. Just had my 3rd roof AC unit installed and have had 3 of the 4 slides fail, and just a couple days ago, one of the MCD shades quit. It's the motor again-- this is the 3rd shade that has had a motor failure. Awhile back,the washing machine died. Add to that the roof leak when only a couple days old, the front and rear caps with cracks.... the list is very , very long. One of these days, I'll post it.
I had never purchased an extended warranty/service plan for anything. But with all the issues I had in my first year, I did buy a plan and it has more than paid for itself. I have 4 more years to go on it too.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #4

We own a 2014 Baystar we bought last year off the dealer lot and like PanJH we have had nothing but trouble. Been to the dealer 3x and the factory once. Now that it's out of warranty, it's on our nickel to pay for the poor Newmar quality. Dealer and Newmar stood behind the product and made the repairs, but there is no excuse for the lack of quality workmanship. We joke that ours was made on the Friday before a long weekend. During the factory tour I was amazed at how fast all the people worked - like the place was on fire. No wonder we have so many probleme.
sightseers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #5

My CS had a small list of issues. It was a "show coach" being driven to the Hershey show once or twice and it had some wear issues. However, Newmar has been outstanding. Everything was fixed, under warrant, free of charge, including a free alignment! Best part is none of it was done at a dealer, because Newmar was willing to pay my shop of choice for all the repairs. I can't say enough about them. When we move up, it will be into a another Newmar product.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I'm sure we will run into a few things as we put more miles on it, but the quality out of the gate has been nothing short of amazing. And the few times we have called Newmar they have been immediately on the spot with help, really happy with the support.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
I'm sure we will run into a few things as we put more miles on it, but the quality out of the gate has been nothing short of amazing. And the few times we have called Newmar they have been immediately on the spot with help, really happy with the support.
I have had the same experiences you have. Outstanding CS
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:56 PM   #8

have had our 2015 Dutch Star for 3 months. took a trip west about 3 weeks with no problems at all. Dealer fixed a few minor things before we left, I serviced the oasis system and generator. fabric had a problem but dealer said it would be replaced no charge, took it to Newmar and the recovered driver and passenger seat and replaced all the other furniture. Everyone at dealer and factory have been very pleasant and easy to deal with. going full time in a few weeks, hope our luck holds.
Btheresoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, quality