Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
I've seen the light! I'm out of it. Newmar can do nothing wrong!
Good Luck!
Wil
Wil, I don't know what problems you are having other than the Evans valve and I certainly sympathize with you if you are not happy with your RV. You have mostly listed problems that others are experiencing and not so much your ownself. I am shocked that you mention all the problems and complaints associated with Newmar. The reason I am shocked is because I researched this forum and a few others for over a year. I was actively seeking post about problems, looking for lack of reoccurring issues, and great customer service. I quickly narrowed my choice down to about 3 manufacturers. I had no allegiance to Newmar or any of the others. However, the overwhelming choice based on customer loyalty, lack of reoccurring flaws, high degree of workmanship, fit, and finish pointed me toward Newmar. I then began the process of locating the Newmat that fit my needs and price point. I can not see where you could possibly say that Newmar has a problem with their "Reputation". It was their reputation that made me purchase a Newmar, among all other manufacturers.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 09:48 PM   #30
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Will, I like my Newmar and I liked the Monaco I had before that. I owned both because they were the best products I could afford. I don't think I'm excessively loyal, but I am realistic about what it takes to own an RV. I know that there can be issues, but I choose to fix them and move on. I reread your original post since you've become so offended by the follow up posts in this thread. You really have ONE issue on an 8 year old coach....yet you're complaining about slides, even though yours work fine. On my Monaco, in year 8 of ownership, I spent an entire day adjusting and rebuilding all three slides so that they worked like they did when new. It was just maintenance that was needed on my rolling earthquake.

I'm sorry that you're having issues, but you want Newmar to repair or accept responsibility for something that broke 8 years later or 7 years out of warranty. I don't know if I'm lucky or the fact that I stay on top of my coach and keep everything in perfect running order, but I just fix my stuff and move on. I have friends who thrash theirs and then blame everyone but themselves. Since you're not the original owner, who knows what was done before or how it was maintained. The issue I see here is what you see all over this country, no one takes responsibility for what they do or buy. Everyone is looking for someone to blame/sue when things don't go right!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:46 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Interesting thread. I have all Mx paperwork since day 1 on my DS, and it has never had a Newmar based slide problem; and the Evans problem I'm having is a failure to produce dash heat, not a/c.

However, before anyone gets too patronizing in posting remarks impugning Wil01's experience level or relevant knowledge, let me just say this. I have known Wil01 to some degree in a previous life, and have been party to numerous conversations and exchanges of knowledge in which he was involved, all having to do with the technical aspects of vehicle maintenance and operation. Suffice it to say that Wil is no stranger to the care and feeding of large, non-standard vehicles operated in harsh environments.

I don't know his specific research or problems in this case, and I don't necessarily agree that failure of an 8 y/o system is indicative of a design flaw, but I have had enough exchange with Wil to be curious. If he thinks there is an engineering problem, there damn well might be an engineering problem.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS 40, FL, 3126, '04 Element
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:34 AM   #32

A most interesting thread.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:01 AM   #33

My two cents: Buy the most Newmar your wallet will stand. 'Nuff said.
lepperal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:58 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepperal View Post
My two cents: Buy the most Newmar your wallet will stand. 'Nuff said.
+1. Tha's precisely what we did.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had a few problems and Newmar customer service has been very good. My next motorhome will be a Newmar. Just not sure which model, as the dsdp is constantly upgrading. I am hoping they fix the net cargo capacity in 2017.

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4347, Active Air
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:59 PM   #36

Smile

Just bought a 2015 Newmar Mountain Aire, its amazing. our fourth class a and 6th motorhome. we can see the difference, Monaco is up there too but this is a nicer machine. keep your chin up, we pay a lot but remember, they are homes on the road. And I too do my own repairs, if you ever get a chance to watch the service techs in action, they are just like you and I working on a machine...other than the electronics, there is nothing that can't be fixed by anyone. Safe travels.
tmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar