Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Sales/Purchase Order Codes

We're evaluating the purchase of a Newmar and have put some money down on one that we haven't seen yet. We have some idea of what to expect but in reviewing the Purchase Order found some codes that we haven't been able to identify.

The Purchase Order shows: 2014 DS DP 4018 1/FS W/2 PSO

Am I to assume that 1/FS means one full slideout... and W/2 PSO means-2 Slide Outs? (For a total of 3)

Also, in trying to figure out this couch- I notice that it's got the Mousse decor with a code- DS14-280. Does anyone have ANY idea what this means?

The thing here...is that we'd prefer the booth seating instead of a table and chairs. Trying to figure out if this Coach has the booth seating and if there's anywhere on the PO that would indicate one way or the other.

Thank you all so much for your kind help!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #2

Here is some info
https://comnet2.newmarcorp.com/insta...018&print=true

Stuart W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #3

This is a build options sheet. At the bottom you can see the different configuration options. Questions?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #4

Oh sorry just realized it's a 14
Old 09-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #5

https://s3.amazonaws.com/newmarcorp....utch-star-.pdf
This is better
Old 09-23-2017, 09:34 PM   #6

Why not call the person/dealer and ask all your questions, the seating is very important, good luck and welcome
67vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:40 AM   #7

1 full wall slide out with 2 passenger side slide outs would be my guess.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:59 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with asking the dealer/seller these types of questions.

No offense meant here...but other than ordering new and not being able to see whats physically not built yet, I don't see how putting money on something you haven't seen or even understand the floor plan of is a good idea. I would think one would have established at least that a coach 'would work for them' before putting any money down. Then, it's more just a matter of inspecting the coach's condition before purchase.

If it's a 2014 and already exists, why not get pictures emailed to you by whomever is selling it and then deciding if you want to put money down to hold it until you see it? In this day and age, dealers/sellers even have videos online of coaches for sale both new and used. Like the old saying, 'a picture's worth a thousand words'.

Not trying to be rude or criticize, but...at least for me, there is a big disconnect here.

Best of luck to you!
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #9

"We're evaluating the purchase of a Newmar and have put some money down on one that we haven't seen yet"......why would you do that? Hopefully what you put down is refundable, I would carefully read the documents you signed in that regard.

As mentioned above, pictures are worth a 1000 words but actually seeing and sitting in it is priceless Good luck!
Old 09-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dave View Post

No offense meant here...but other than ordering new and not being able to see whats physically not built yet, I don't see how putting money on something you haven't seen or even understand the floor plan of is a good idea. I would think one would have established at least that a coach 'would work for them' before putting any money down. Then, it's more just a matter of inspecting the coach's condition before purchase.

If it's a 2014 and already exists, why not get pictures emailed to you by whomever is selling it and then deciding if you want to put money down to hold it until you see it? In this day and age, dealers/sellers even have videos online of coaches for sale both new and used. Like the old saying, 'a picture's worth a thousand words'.

Not trying to be rude or criticize, but...at least for me, there is a big disconnect here.

Best of luck to you!

Funny you say that, that what confused me when I first read this post about order codes
Old 09-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dave View Post

Best of luck to you!
I completely understand what you are saying. We too felt the same way. The fact is that we've LOST 3 Entegra's because we didn't put money down on either of those. They are grabbed up as soon as they get to the dealers lot (or before they even arrive) The money is completely refundable and we do have first right of refusal. In other words, if for ANY reason we don't approve of the Coach, our money is refunded. We've refused one at this point and our money was immediately returned. I would not have agreed to put money down on an RV if it were any other way.

The owner of this particular unit is in the process of waiting for a custom build. It will be brought to the Tampa Bay area at the time he accepts delivery of his new Coach. We are told that the Coach has 15,000 miles on it and while he still officially owns it, has agreed to turn it over to the dealer once his is complete. He has a close relationship with this dealer and has purchased several MH's from them in the past. He's not comfortable with signing it over until his is complete. That's the story.

It's not that much of an issue for us because our money is guaranteed to be returned if we change our minds or find another Motorhome. We don't have to find another Motorhome at the same dealer either.

That said, I was doing as much research as I could with what I had. The dealer is trying to get pictures and has sent us the purchase order. Meanwhile, we continue to research Newmar and continue to look at Entegra's.

That's why I asked about the seating. The codes. I know more about Entegra than I do Newmar. I thought someone might be able to help me with narrowing down the seating pattern.

Thank you very much for your input....and those of you who offered resources!
Old 09-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I understand how those things work. Your initial post was a bit vague, so I guess it set a few bells off. lol

Our LA has the Mousse Interior with Carmel Glazed Cherry Wood and the Gelato Exterior. We like it very much!!

I don't think you will be disappointed with your Newmar...especially on long trips!

Best of luck to you and if you have any other questions you'd like to be given a hard time about, just ask. lol Just kidding. Really though, feel free to ask. There are many helpful, knowledgable people on here that are happy to share info. This place can be a great resource for information.

Again, best of luck!
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #13

Yes best of luck and as always we are here to help and sometimes be sarcastic
Old 09-29-2017, 06:31 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Many Thanks!

Many thanks to you all. I didn't want to waste your time on the details of the situation so thought I'd keep it short a sweet with the subject streamlined to the Purchase Order Codes that I'm not familiar with. We are still looking even though we have put a deposit on the coach. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Tags
newmar, purchase, sale