Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2016, 06:59 AM   #1

Newmar Seelevel Pre-wire - Please Explain!

Could someone please tell me what exactly I have to ask Newmar to do for the Seelevel pre-wire assuming I want one monitor in the wet bay and one monitor in the half - bath. I am ordering a 2017 DS 4369. I have read several posts about this but I'm still not clear as to what wiring is required and why. Perhaps someone could sketch out the required wiring diagram and send it to me.

Thanks!
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have you been talking to the people for answers in this thread?
What ever Newmar installs the wiring can be used to convert to the SEE LEVEL System.

SEE LEVEL INSTALLS
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #3

I believe existing wiring can be used, but the seelevel system isn't compatible with the auto fill feature. I am also getting ready to order a new DSDP 4054, and am having them run a 12v hot and ground to the water bay, two wires from the water bay to the pegboard compartment, and two wires from the pegboard compartment to the cabinet over the passenger seat.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had Newmar run an extra 12V and ground from the mid bath 12volt fuse panel to the water closet. I also had them run a pair of wires across the tanks between the water closet panel and the opposing peg board compartment. I will then install the SeeLevel sensing units on the peg board side of the tanks, and install the tank monitor in the wet bay, or use the existing wires to the monitor panel over the co pilot seat. I was all prepared to do this project, but the factory gauges on our 2016 have been very accurate.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar