Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
I have called the Newmar 24 hour number, that is on the sticker on the drivers side window, on weekends and never had a problem.

My dealers RV Tech advisor also has a 24/7 number and email. I've called on weekend and in the evenings. If he didn't answer he always returned my calls.
I have been very happy with Newmar and my Dealers response.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #44

Well, here we go! I am trying to contact Newmar CS and Parts Department, we will see how it goes. Trying to find replacements for my American Star landing gear, dealer says one month, I find that unacceptable. Dealer broke the existing ones, seems to me they could do better than a month.

Got to love all the info on this forum!!
Old 06-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
There are two numbers for Newmar. One is a direct area code number and one is the 800 number. I ALWAYS dial the direct number. I called Friday and they answered on the second ring. I was transferred to parts, ordered my parts and was done in about ten minutes.
I have looked all over the place for a direct area code number and all I find is the 800 number listed. Could someone please PM me with the direct number?

Thank you.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #46

Workhorse Chassis Owner
This # is Tech Support:

(866) 290-5371

Have your coach identifying # handy.

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:08 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I don't see how you can complain about Entegra's service. Does Newmar have a two year warranty? Entegra does. Will Newmar send a factory technician to your house in Florida to do warranty repairs? Entegra did this for me and many others. Does Newmar have phone support 24/7? Entegra does. Entegra is not perfect but I can't imagine better factory support than what I have recieved from Entegra. Entegra's unit sales are up 400% over the last 4 years, but they still answer the help phone within a minute or two. I'm not knocking Newmar because they are a quality company, but so is Entegra.
I believe Entegra builds a nice coach. I also heard they recently celebrated finishing there 1800th coach. Not bad after a slow start in 2009.
In fairness, Newmar has been selling RV's for decades and I would guess they build 1500-1600 a year. In a 10 year time frame thats 15,000 owners with a Newmar!! WOW!!!
Hard to have two vans to support that kind of customer base, ya think?
jmon129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am a very happy Newmar customer. From dealing with a great, no BS dealer (Tom Lindstrom), to dealing with Michelle for my custom order, to having CS send me pics while my coach is being built, all the way to delivery with only a blown AC dash fuse and a couple of minor paint flaws. I have called and/or submitted questions online to CS and they have always gotten back to me. I have submitted a warranty claim to repair the paint flaws....no issues with Newmar. Based on my entire experience and the fact that they build a great product, I really can't expect more from an RV manufacturer.

As previously mentioned, I'd rather deal with waiting to connect to Newmar CS, than dealing with an offshore entity fielding my call within 2 minutes. If it's not a emergency, online submissions can be just as productive in getting an answer or resolving an issue.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:14 AM   #49
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
574-773-7791

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman View Post
i have looked all over the place for a direct area code number and all i find is the 800 number listed. Could someone please pm me with the direct number?

Thank you.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:31 AM   #50

Newmar direct phone number

What is newmar's direct phone no.??
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I was in Nappanee last Thursday and they were extremely busy. That said If you call the toll free number,especially on a Monday, it will be busy signals. Use their regular number and you get through. I've had to call upon support several times over the years and they have always been very responsive. The issue with the light bulbs is minor and they did right by you. the fix for you TVs was addressed by Dutch Star Dan. Newmar like every other company has a lot of service inquiries. To criticize them for not dropping everything they're doing to address your problem is not fair.
Ray Stooksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon129 View Post
I believe Entegra builds a nice coach. I also heard they recently celebrated finishing there 1800th coach. Not bad after a slow start in 2009.
In fairness, Newmar has been selling RV's for decades and I would guess they build 1500-1600 a year. In a 10 year time frame thats 15,000 owners with a Newmar!! WOW!!!
Hard to have two vans to support that kind of customer base, ya think?
To be equally fair one has to take into account that these vans provide warranty service for a brand that only sells DP coaches, with a two year warranty. Even if you include all the gassers that Newmar sells as part of the mix, you would still have to take into account that after one year they are all out of warranty - therefore not eligible for the services provided by the vans.

As far as the number of Entegras out there, here is some information from a recent article on RVBusiness.com :

"Entegra Coach’s top-of-the-line model, Cornerstone, was recognized as the No. 1 selling 600-hp motorhome in 2014, according to Michigan-based Statistical Surveys Inc.

Within the 600-hp segment, Entegra Coach claimed 30% market share with the Cornerstone — twice the market share of the closest competitor. Overall, Entegra Coach has captured 18% market share in the 400-hp and higher segment since entering the luxury diesel-powered motorhome business."

I believe that both Newmar and Entegra are excellent RV manufacturers. Anyone reading the boards will find some that were dis-satisfied with their purchase, while many others enjoy their motorhome and are happy customers that would often choose to purchase from their manufacturer again.

I hope to see Newmar also try the warranty van scenario. This is something unique to this industry - a direct link in the evaluation and repair of the unit back to the manufacturer, no middlemen or secondary information involved. Think about the recent thread with the flooded King Aire - how different would the commentary and emotions in that thread be if a Newmar van with a Newmar Factory representative rolled up several days after it occurred? That direct line of communication is invaluable!
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,
Should have bought a Winebago.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
To be equally fair one has to take into account that these vans provide warranty service for a brand that only sells DP coaches, with a two year warranty. Even if you include all the gassers that Newmar sells as part of the mix, you would still have to take into account that after one year they are all out of warranty - therefore not eligible for the services provided by the vans.

As far as the number of Entegras out there, here is some information from a recent article on RVBusiness.com :

"Entegra Coach’s top-of-the-line model, Cornerstone, was recognized as the No. 1 selling 600-hp motorhome in 2014, according to Michigan-based Statistical Surveys Inc.

Within the 600-hp segment, Entegra Coach claimed 30% market share with the Cornerstone — twice the market share of the closest competitor. Overall, Entegra Coach has captured 18% market share in the 400-hp and higher segment since entering the luxury diesel-powered motorhome business."

I believe that both Newmar and Entegra are excellent RV manufacturers. Anyone reading the boards will find some that were dis-satisfied with their purchase, while many others enjoy their motorhome and are happy customers that would often choose to purchase from their manufacturer again.

I hope to see Newmar also try the warranty van scenario. This is something unique to this industry - a direct link in the evaluation and repair of the unit back to the manufacturer, no middlemen or secondary information involved. Think about the recent thread with the flooded King Aire - how different would the commentary and emotions in that thread be if a Newmar van with a Newmar Factory representative rolled up several days after it occurred? That direct line of communication is invaluable!
Having owned both brands I can say Entegra needs those service vans. The failure rate is very high and its a way to keep customers happy. I think it was a good decision on Entegra's part. The vans should keep busy just replacing all the shade motors. There are owners that have had 20+ replaced. That would be very frustrating to say the least.

So far with our LA I wouldn't know what to do with a service van...I haven't needed any repairs. The build quality is so much better that what I had with our Entegra. So far from my experience I don't need a 2 year warr with this build quality.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #54

Freightliner Owners Club
WOW! This thread has evolved into a conglomeration of ideas, attitudes, etc. which have nothing to do with the OP's complaint. Things break....even bulbs/LED's. 5 broke...6 were offered as replacements. What more could one possibly want? 😴 End of story.

So an extra TV fires up with the click of a remote? Go into the settings and change a startup setting. Why blame the manufacturer for your not reading the manual? End of another story.

There may be future, much more significant items to complain to Newmar about, but let's save our capital for something important.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:50 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Old 06-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lets not start a back and forth discussion between brands there are some long stories on both sides and we do not want to keep closing more threads because of off topics.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar