Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2006, 02:49 AM   #15

Ahh...that makes more sense...it's tough to stuff something bigger into something smaller!
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2006, 03:09 AM   #16

Last night while surfing I came across an ad at Lazy Days for a 2008 Country Coach Magna.Seems early.Are they fishing?Other than full wall slides,any news on Newmar for 08?

Ernie
g_essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #17

Newmar Corp. has added full-wall slideout floorplans to its Dutch Star diesel and Canyon Star gas Class A motorhome series for 2007. "These floorplans give the consumers more living space and more of a residential-style feel in their motorhome," said John Sammut, vice president of sales and marketing, for the Nappanee, Ind., firm.

The front-kitchen Dutch Star is built on a 44,600-pound GVWR Spartan Mountain Master GT chassis powered by a 400-hp Cummins ISL diesel engine and features opposing sofas, a 40-inch LCD TV in a corner entertainment center and a king-size bed with a rear bathroom. MSRP: $296,895.

There was a 2007 KSCA 3682 full wall (driver's side) displayed at EJ, Vt.

Has anyone SEEN the DSDP and CSCA floorplans mention above? ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #18

Originally posted by dhole:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I took some pictures whihc I can post when I get home tonight if anybody wants to see them....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly would like to see them. Please post in "photos" here on iRV2.com or if you don't mind, email them to me at edgray1@cmaaccess.com
Thanks, ED
Old 12-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Would love to post the pictures, if I could only figure out how. Need info on posting process.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
dhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:42 AM   #20
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dhole:
Would love to post the pictures, if I could only figure out how. Need info on posting process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HERE is a link to photo posting instructions...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:02 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Here is the first one. I am working on others

Old 12-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
There was a 2007 KSCA 3682 full wall (driver's side) displayed at EJ, Vt.

Has anyone SEEN the DSDP and CSCA floorplans mention above? ED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed, a 07 3682 was at the Pomona show back in October but I thought SURE it was on a Kountry Star. In fact, the salesman gave us a KS brochure while we were in it and old us that the 3682 was not in the literature yet as it was so new.
Impressions: The full wall slide really opens up the coach. Really nice interior and it really felt HUGE. But I HATED where they put the shower. It was in the passenger side rear corner right next to the bed. There was no provisions to block off the shower from the rest of the bedroom and I cannot remember if you could block it off from the rest of the coach either although I am sure you could.
The KS is really nice and I would love to get one but the DW has her heart set on a different make with a different floorplan and I have been unable to change her mind at all.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ed, a 07 3682 was at the Pomona show back in October but I thought SURE it was on a Kountry Star. In fact, the salesman gave us a KS brochure while we were in it and old us that the 3682 was not in the literature yet as it was so new. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
RV 4 2 : There is NO disagreement here. KSCA is Newmar-speak for Kountry Star Class A, which means gas as opposed to a KSDP which is their Diesel Pusher in KS dress.

As for the floor plan, I think there was an accordian folding style "door" that separated the bath area from the bedroom. Nonetheless, a wise man once said.............BUY THE ONE THE WIFE LIKES!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
OK I am a rookie here and followed the instructions for posting a picture but as you can see, the dreaded red x. The picture is in my member gallery, but opviously I did something wrong. Any suggestions?

Old 12-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #25
Administrator Emeritus

I've repaired your link.....you had posted the "pre-approval" link, I saw the picture had since been approved and used the real link...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edgray:
Nonetheless, a wise man once said.............BUY THE ONE THE WIFE LIKES!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, he must have said this from experience.
That does go along the same lines as the saying "If momma isn't happy, No one is happy."
which I know from experience..
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
The Dutch Star with the full wall slide is now on the Newmar web site. It is model 4325. The slide looks about 25-30 feet long. Go to Newmar Dutch Stat Floor Plans and click on Launch the Newmar Floorplan viewer. Then click on model 4325.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #28

The Canyon Star with the full wall slide is also now on the Newmar web site. Its model 3205.
Canyon Star Full Wall Slide