Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #1

Newmar Ventana LE 3412

My wife and I are thinking about purchasing a Newmar Venetana LE 3412 sometime this year. I was wonder what owner experiences have been with this model and what they have paid for the unit? What are some reputable dealers in the northeast?
Thanks.
Cloudwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudwalker View Post
My wife and I are thinking about purchasing a Newmar Venetana LE 3412 sometime this year. I was wonder what owner experiences have been with this model and what they have paid for the unit? What are some reputable dealers in the northeast?
Thanks.
Welcome to IRV2.com, cloudwalker! As you can see, we have a 3412 on order so can't speak to "experiences" yet, nor can we speak to dealers in the Northeast. The 3412 has only been out for just over a year so there aren't that many out there yet. If you do a search on this forum using "3412" you'll find a couple of posters who have that floorplan in either the regular Ventana or the Ventana LE variant, including mikeward_aa, who will hopefully respond.

We were deciding between the 3412, the 3436, or the Tiffin Allegro RED 33AA which has basically the same floorplan as the 3412. We ended up choosing the 3412 due to the many windows in the front living area and the great kitchen set up. The downside from all the windows is the lack of storage space up front. The 3436 has a good deal more storage inside. The other downside (as you have no doubt noticed) is the smaller bathroom compared with the 3436.

The Tiffin RED 33AA by comparison felt more closed in due to the lack of windows up front. We also didn't like the TV mounted on the wall at 90 degrees from the sofa as opposed to Newmar's use of a televator directly across from the sofa. Lastly, Newmars somehow manage to have a flat floor in the bedroom but Tiffins have a "dog house" in the bedroom which makes it awkward to use the rear closet and to get around the bed.

We have worked with a great dealer in Southern California, but were offered between 25 and 28% off list by each of the three western dealers we contacted. I would expect you could do the same in the NE.

Good luck with your purchase decision!
Old 04-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
good dealer in south NJ, and Albany NY

28% is target discount
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:10 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
RV One is a very good dealer - Albany, New York. They have places in Florida and probably some other states.

We have the 2017 "3709". DONT order the whirlpool washer / dryer. If you want washer / dryer, have Newmar prep the cabinet and buy your own. Whirlpool does not make a quality product - you can also read about their issues on this site. We have one - starts about every 1 out if 10 times. Door switch issue on this one. Waiting to get it resolved.

Front door also makes a squeaking/screeching noise - same as our previous Canyon Star. Seems to be a chronic Newmar problem - again you can read about it on this site.

Great motorhome - just a few issues.
bwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:59 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is another thread with feedback on other dealers closer to you.

Dealer feedback Dave's and Diamond

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306299

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #6

Newmar Venetana LE 3412 - Tow Capability

Thanks for everyone's feed back. I have looked at Newmar's weight specifications and it appears that when fully loaded this unit can only tow about 2,000 lbs. There was another thread on this site that seems to back this calculation up. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Cloudwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #7

We don't have a 3412, but we do have a 3434. You are correct, in that if we load our motorhome to the GVWR, we can only tow a 2000 pound car. The good news though is that the GVWR gives you so much load capacity that you won't use it all. When we are fully loaded, AND have our 3800 toad attached, the total of the car plus the motorhome is 1000 pounds BELOW the GVWR for the motorhome alone.

We are VERY happy with our 3434. We traded a 41' Revolution LE on it, so we downsized significantly. We have been VERY comfortable in our Newmar though, and have not regretted our decision to trade at all. (and we were very happy with the Revolution LE, it was just too big for us)

Ed Headington
Ed Headington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:05 AM   #8

CORRECTION - my above post should have read "when we have our 2800 lb. toad -----". Too bad I didn't read it before I hit the "submit" key.

Ed Headington
Ed Headington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I opted to upgrade from the VTLE to the VTDP. About a 25K difference. Not regretting a bit. Just more of everything. Subtle but worth it.

Tags
newmar, ventana