Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #1

Newmar Ventana Short Coach Owners

Hello, I am in the market for a Diesel pusher and want one 35ft or less. I want it for the use in State Parks and also for the manuverability for my small yard. I am looking at the Ventana's and would like some reviews from actual owners of these models. Tell me everything, the good the bad and the ugly!! I would really appreciate any information. I realize its my decision but I have no motorhome experience. I have owned a TT and I love camping. Thanks in advance for input.
Vtxbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey, Vtxbiker --

The Ventana 3433 is a model we owned a couple of years ago and it was a super coach. We loved the layout, the room, the features and the easy driveability. We towed a '12 Honda CR-V ad had no problems. You can get fancier for sure -- as with our 40 foot Dutch Star -- but really, you get a lot of bang for the buck with the Ventana. Couldn't have been happier with it while we had it.

We got an end of season on a fully loaded coach -- all electric, full tile throughout, navigation, surround sound, special colors, just a fabulous coach. We loved it and used it right up till the time we decided we wanted more room and could handle a bigger coach and ordered the Dutch Star. We got a fabulous trade in allowance on our Ventana.

The best possible thing to do is to find a dealer who has one in this size on the lot and test drive it. I think you will discover that the size is perfect for the needs you discuss and you will find Newmar quality throughout.

Best wishes --

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtxbiker View Post
Hello, I am in the market for a Diesel pusher and want one 35ft or less. I want it for the use in State Parks and also for the manuverability for my small yard. I am looking at the Ventana's and would like some reviews from actual owners of these models. Tell me everything, the good the bad and the ugly!! I would really appreciate any information. I realize its my decision but I have no motorhome experience. I have owned a TT and I love camping. Thanks in advance for input.
Vtxbiker, We bought our Ventana 3434 about a year ago and to date, the unit is still the perfect size for our camping needs and I could not imagine any thing longer than a 35 footer for state park camp grounds. As Deek said earlier, you really need to test the unit, especially with the slides in for traveling and with the slides out in order to determine if you would be happy with the space and floorplan.

So, some of the positives for me is the size, power for towing, and since all motor homes have issues, the customer service is what has impressed me the most. And to top it off, I ordered custom paint and it just looks good.

I had stated in my previous posts that I would not be without the Comfort Drive steering in a short wheel base coach, and I still stand by that statement. After reducing the tire pressures from the 120 psi factory setting, it drives staright and I don't get pushed around by any of the truckers.

Some of the issues for warranty work are the HWH controller had to be replaced, the A/C noise had to have the dampener kits installed, the microwave oven didn't heat properly. The biggest was that all of my cabinet doors had to be replace and Newmar is actually redesigning the doors based on my experience.

You may want to search my earlier posts for "1st. Impressions" for further insite.

good luck
Old 12-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
We bought a 2011 Ventana almost three years ago and enjoy it very much. This is a high quality product that we're proud to show our friends. The Comfort Drive is a real plus for me. We thought about getting a longer model but decided that this length is perfect for getting into the campgrounds we like to visit.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #5

Thought I would just throw in my 2 cents worth while I was visiting some other forums.....

My wife and I had a 2008 Ventana 3330, it was our 1st motorhome after having a fifthwheel for many years. I'm not sure if your shopping for new or used but these are my thoughts;

Our first mistake was underestimating the size of our 1st coach. For our particular lifestyle with children the 3330 was just a little short on space. I guess its all what you get used to but it sure is nice to have lots of extra room for our childrens friends and Grandma!

I could fit the 3330 into any spot, it just worked great for small sites and small parks.

The build quality of the Newmar was excellent. Fit and finish were fine and the only thing I actually fixed on the unit outside of regular maintenance while we owned it was a manual awning spring!

Here is my constructive critisism, there is just no way of getting around the fact that even when properly loaded, with correct tire pressures you will have ride quality that will never match that of a longer coach - Regardless of who manufactured it. (Now before everyone with a shorter DP panics and starts yelling at me let me finish......)
The effective "arm" of a shorter coach does not compare to that of a unit that is 40 or 45 ft long, the wheelbase is shorter and the coach already starts out rear heavy - nose light. This will give you the "hobble-horse" or side loading that short coaches do when you are exposed to strong crosswinds or side gusts from passing larger vehicles. A longer coach resists those forces naturally because of its length, weight and stability. This is just physics.
Fortunately if your are considering the Newmar product in a shorter unit you are graced with the Comfort Steer system that is worth its weight in gold in my opinion.

Wait until a windy day, go to your dealer and drive a 40' unit then take out a 33 - 35 ft unit. You will see a difference. Its just up to you if you want to accept that difference.

And for whatever its worth once you get on to driving a motorhome you will find that you will get handy at parking a 38 or 40 ft one just like you could park a 33 ft one. Even with our 42' Scepter, I lift the tag and slip into some smaller sites, maybe not State or Provincial park size but I'm just saying you get alot more floor space in a 38 or 40 fter.

But again this is all just my opinion. While we traded our Ventana in favour of our current Holiday Rambler for personal requirements, the Newmar was a fine short DP. I included a pic below.

Adam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2723.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	51394  
Old 12-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for your detailed description Adam on the handling of a long and short coach, well put.
Safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum Vtxbiker.
Here is a Brochure and Owners Guide for what you seek.
Good luck in your quest and below there are three links in my signature that will relate to a new Newmar.
Enjoy the forum and maybe a welcome to the Newmar family.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #8

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey thanks for all the great replies! I am glad to see that most were happy with the quality and the size while they had the coach.I guess there is no one perfect size for all conditions. We are older ,close to retirement, so we don't have kids but we have grandkids!! I am hoping we can squeeze them into the smaller coach when they go with us sometimes. Most of the time it will be only the two of us and maybe a pet.
We are looking at used ones and I did go and drive a 2009 3433 the other day. I really was impressed with the quality and the handling of the coach. It had the adjustable comfort drive and man does it make a difference! The owner was very nice and told me to turn the setting on the comfort drive to see the difference and it was really noticeable. I am still trying to decide!!!!! Thanks for all the info.
Vtxbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
We have an 08 Ventana 3330 and have been very happy with it. We spend considerable time in State/Provincial parks and have found the smaller size of the coach allows us to fit in more of the sites. Most of the parks we have been in can handle the larger coaches but may only have a few of the larger sites.

The coach handles very well on all but the most windy days. In the years that we have had the coach I can think of only two or three times that the wind made me uncomfortable. In those cases I just slowed down a little. I have not driven a longer coach in similar conditions but, as others have said, the physics says they are probably effected less.

We are currently considering changing to a larger coach to get more space inside. The thing holding us back is that the Ventana does everything we need so well that it is hard to "justify"/rationalize the "need" for a new coach.

Good luck with your decision.

Tags
newmar, vent