Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #1

We had our first experience with warranty work at the factory last week with about 13 minor issues and a couple of major (to us) issues and want to report that we could not be happier. Our service advisor and tech were as professional and courteous as anyone we have ever dealt with and all work was done the same way and completly to our satisfaction.
We had the pleasure of meeting and talking for sometime with Mr. Dick Parks and found him to to be even more gracious than we had been told to expect. He went out of his way to make us feel part of the family. I only wish we had bought "Newmar" sooner.
Needles to say we love our 07 4023 Dutch Star.

'07 DSDP 4023
dolsen58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #2

We had our first experience with warranty work at the factory last week with about 13 minor issues and a couple of major (to us) issues and want to report that we could not be happier. Our service advisor and tech were as professional and courteous as anyone we have ever dealt with and all work was done the same way and completly to our satisfaction.
We had the pleasure of meeting and talking for sometime with Mr. Dick Parks and found him to to be even more gracious than we had been told to expect. He went out of his way to make us feel part of the family. I only wish we had bought "Newmar" sooner.
Needles to say we love our 07 4023 Dutch Star.

'07 DSDP 4023
Old 08-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thats good to hear Dennis & Cathy with the way some problems that have been going on around here lately its good to know the repair center is still producing good results. They always did when I had a visit with them also.

Congrats on your new coach many happy and safe miles for you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #4

It would be helpful if you would post what items you had to have worked on. When I bought my 2004 DSDP I knew from this forum that the step cover motor mechanism was substandard. That was the first thing I checked during the PDI and it was already broke.

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:37 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

dolsen58, WELCOME to the forum....Other than my Dometic refrigerator and the side mounted radiator fan coming off while going down the road,it's been a pleasureable experience.
When everything is working this is a super coach...

Would love to hear more of your experience with the factory service and what issues you had addressed.

Sorry I'm not my chipper self tonight,I'm on my second refrigerator and it's not fun...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 AM   #6

Wow, where has the time gone. It seems like yesterday that I posted about our visit to the factory. Sorry for not being more proactive on this forum.
We had 4 minor things that had to be fixed and 2 larger issues.
1: A tile in the kitchen needed replacing.
2: The drawer under stove had no latch.
3: Thermostat started to malfunction last week. When putting it on heat pump, the furnace came on.
4: The city water inlet check valve leaks.

All of these were fixed.

The bigger issues were the power awning over the door was loose and ready to fall off, the paint was chipped and the motor was noisy. The whole unit was replaced and looks great.
The other one was that the main power awning (both of these were A&E) had been left in the extended position when we went away. We had read the literature which clearly stated that if it rained, the awning would "dump" the water off the back end. As you might have guessed, it rained and the awning didn't dump. When we returned home there was a lot of water in the awning which ended up stretching the canvas and bending the roll up tube. I spent a couple of months tying to get A&E to fix this for me and they as much as told me to "go jump in the lake". I tried to explain to them that their literature says one thing and their warranty says another but they turned a deaf ear. When we got to the factory, I explained the situation to the service writer and he said, NO Problem. It will be fixed and fix it they did. No questions asked. Now that's how customer service should be handled. The question I ask myself is, would I ever buy another A&E awning? Not in this life is the answer.
We are now back in S. California for the winter and have a little over 9000 miles on the odometer with no more problems at this time other than a florescent light fixture went bad and our dealer, Giant RV replaced it under warranty.

'07 DSDP 4023