Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2017, 05:28 PM   #1

Newmar wiring schematics

Hello All,
I have recently purchased a 2009 Newmar Ventana 3936 and have a couple of electrical issues. I have emailed Newmar a couple of times to get wiring schematics from them, with-out success. They say they only have this one sheet that shows where the devices are (lights, plugs, electrical panel etc). Not too much help when you are trying to troubleshoot electrical issues. Has anyone had any success getting schematics from Newmar or would have any electronically that they would sent to me. I would guess anything around that year and length would be close?

Cheers for now,

Trevor
Heli_fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
You will get lots of help on here if you explain your problems in detail. There is often somebody who has already been through the same learning curve.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion Scotty.
The first issue I have is that the floor lighting in the bathroom/bedroom does not work. I checked for power at the switch in the rear bedroom and did not find any power. I removed the wire going to the lights and supplied 12 volts to it and the lights light up. I cannot find where the power for this switch comes from and the switch has three wires going to it, which gives me the idea that it is a three way switch. I have not found another switch for these lights though.
Any thoughts?
Old 02-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli_fixer View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Scotty.
The first issue I have is that the floor lighting in the bathroom/bedroom does not work. I checked for power at the switch in the rear bedroom and did not find any power. I removed the wire going to the lights and supplied 12 volts to it and the lights light up. I cannot find where the power for this switch comes from and the switch has three wires going to it, which gives me the idea that it is a three way switch. I have not found another switch for these lights though.
Any thoughts?
In my Newmar, one switch is in the bedroom, the other is on the dash and I think is labeled as courtesy lights.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #5

I was wondering if that was it. I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep...Courtesy lights... Wired as a three way, with one switch on the dash console, the other in the bedroom.

I had to swap wires on the front dash, because I preferred that if both switches where in the OFF (down), the lights would be off. They had wired it so the bedroom switch would have to be ON (up) to turn off. Made the tiny bit of OCD in me inclined to fix it. I did...
Old 02-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I can't help you on the three way switch for that small light, we don't have a second switch on the dash.

However, I can tell you that Newmar does not use wire harnesses, they pull wires point to point wire much like house wiring. Other manufacturers use harness that require much more documentation. Not saying it's bad or good, it's just the way Newmar does it.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:21 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
I can't help you on the three way switch for that small light, we don't have a second switch on the dash.

However, I can tell you that Newmar does not use wire harnesses, they pull wires point to point wire much like house wiring. Other manufacturers use harness that require much more documentation. Not saying it's bad or good, it's just the way Newmar does it.
I'm with you on that; I need to do the same on mine. It drives me nuts if a switch is up and the lights are off. If lights are off, then both switches should be down in the off position.

Actually, as I think about it, the easiest thing to do would be to just pop the switch out of the dash, turn it 180, and replace.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #9

Must be an OCD thing. I have a son like that. . Not parking perfectly parallel with the concrete break in the driveway really drives him nuts.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:10 PM   #10

I found the purple/white wire has no power going to courtesy light switch in the cockpit. When I put on another power source, the light work as advertised. Now I have to try and find where that wire gets its power.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So I don't know if this will help but on my 2017 there is a fuse located back in the power cord compartment labeled battery boost/courtesy lights. F1 7.5 amp fuse you might check and see.
barnegatepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post

We've had two DSDP's, found that Newmar likes "hidden" inline fuses. But then with the present CC I found the fuse for the passenger map light behind a panel in the bedroom closet. Nicely labeled but far from where I thought it would be!
Just different ways of doing the same thing I guess.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #13

All good to know. I checked my pictures of the fuses back in the power cord bay and sure enough, I also have a fuse there marked boost/courtesy light. I'll check that out tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #14

Hey barnegatepic,

I checked that fuse and it was good. With that in mind, I checked power going to my 'boost' switch which is part of that fuse and also found lack of power there. So I guess I'll have to check the wiring from the back to the front to find this issue.
Thanks for everyone's input. Trevor

Tags
newmar, wiring