Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2006, 06:04 AM   #1

Hi! Hello from Pigeon Forge Tenn I thought you would like to hear about the Rally. Tues: Everyone met in the afternoon and we reviewed all we are doing. Hope we can keep up with this group. 29 units are here. Al & Mary Ingram, and Doug & Linda Randolph are our hosts.They have put way too much time into planing! We have tons of paper work, even a complete set of directions to every event. We met Lane (new member from IRV2 group), and many others. I don't think anyone else knows about IRV2. We will have to work on that this week. In the evening we went to the Country Tonight Theater for a great show. As a side note Doug and Linda have been driving with the Comfort Steering System on their Mountain Aire for about 2 years. They were one of about a dozen units selected to prototype the steering systems. They have had no problems at all with it. They said they love it. Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2006, 06:04 AM   #2

Hi! Hello from Pigeon Forge Tenn I thought you would like to hear about the Rally. Tues: Everyone met in the afternoon and we reviewed all we are doing. Hope we can keep up with this group. 29 units are here. Al & Mary Ingram, and Doug & Linda Randolph are our hosts.They have put way too much time into planing! We have tons of paper work, even a complete set of directions to every event. We met Lane (new member from IRV2 group), and many others. I don't think anyone else knows about IRV2. We will have to work on that this week. In the evening we went to the Country Tonight Theater for a great show. As a side note Doug and Linda have been driving with the Comfort Steering System on their Mountain Aire for about 2 years. They were one of about a dozen units selected to prototype the steering systems. They have had no problems at all with it. They said they love it. Paul
Old 11-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Paul, THANKS for carrrying the iRV2 flag.....If I'd have realized you were headed to a rally I could've hooked you up with a wad of iRV2 stickers.....we'll work on that.

I had lunch with Ken Sherwin of TRW, the papa of the Comfort Drive while I was in Nappanee.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #4

Hi! Hello from Pigeon Forge WED: What a great day. (Except it rained last night and most of today) AL,Mary,Doug & Linda, are great hosts. Coffee and whatever was served from 8:30 and on. We all met at Dollywood at 12:30 and took over the bakery. Great place. Dollywood is a terrific place to visit. Many shows and way too much to do. Highlight of my visit was the Babes in Toyland show (private showing for Bus Tours before the park opened) and riding the railroad at night. They have a Steam Engine that is over 60 years old that goes on aprox. 5 mile run up the hill and back down. Way too cool for me. Hung out with many great people today. We were with Lane (IRV2 Member) and his better half (In real life John and Pam) Great couple with terrific stories. They ran into friends, from their site they own in Florida, who were there with a Monaco Rally. They said there was over 40 coaches on that Rally. Linda & Doug (who are the hosts and also the Region 5 Directors) will be the Hosts for the Tampa Super Rally. They said they will be able to handle up to 300 units. If they do half as good job as here it will be GREAT! I don't know where they get all the energy for all this. Well I better go rest up to keep up with these guys. Paul
Old 11-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #5

Hi! Hello, from Pigeon Forge THURS: Just when you things could not get any better, they have! 8:30 AL, Mary, Doug, & Linda are at it again. Coffee and donuts for all, and they arranged great weather. 70's and bright sunny. We had a 2:00 show at the Miracle Theater (story of Jesus) advertised as a Broadway Level Production. They were not kidding. At 5:30 we went to Fiddlers Feast Dinner & Show. They did a Cowboy's Christmas Ball. Great meal and show. Not being a big country fan by the end of this Rally, I may be shopping for a Cowboy Hat. Having a great time here. Paul
Old 11-10-2006, 03:53 AM   #6

Jetsmania: Say Hi! to Doug and Linda for me. I haven't seen them for a while, even though I talk to them occasionally.

(Maybe even get them to join IRV2! )
Old 11-10-2006, 05:46 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Say Hi! to Doug and Linda for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Ken! They talk about you all the time. i believe they are going to join this site. Is it true that you are installing a system on their coach (for them to protype) that parks the coaches in the same fashion as the new Lexus system does. (You know in the comercial it parks itself) ??? Paul
Old 11-10-2006, 06:19 AM   #8

Paul, I will be thinking of you guys this Sun.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it true that you are installing a system on their coach (for them to protype) that parks the coaches in the same fashion as the new Lexus system does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The biggest problem with doing this for Doug is that then Linda won't be able to crab at Doug about how to park the coach, and Doug needs his daily dose of that.

Not really! The big problem is how to see the picnic tables, power poles, etc.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #10

Paul............Ask Ken why he is in the market for a new coach. I'll bet he's been "bowled" over.
I don 't park the coach...Linda does with my guidance , of course...That way she can't complain.....Doug

Region 5 Directors
Doug Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

WOW!!!

A VERY SPECIAL iRV2 WELCOME to Doug and Linda Randolph from the NKK!!
We're glad you took time out of your very busy schedule to stop by and make your first post and I look forward to meeting you one day at a rally!

IRT to your "bowled over" comments with regard to Ken (and Tom), wasn't it more a "rolled over" scenario?

I did have the pleasure of meeting Ken and Tom in person in Nappanee and even shared that "now famous" buffet lunch with them as well!

I look forward to hearing more of your experiences with the NKK as I truly believe there are MANY NKK/iRV2 members that sit "on the fence" just wanting to attend that first NKK rally....Hopefully your participation here will convince those folks to jump in!

GLAD TO HAVE YOU and HONORED to make your acquaintance!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hopefully your participation here will convince those folks to jump in!

GLAD TO HAVE YOU and HONORED to make your acquaintance! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DOUG RANDOLPH: Welcome to iRV2.com I'm glad you decided to join us. We could use some of your perspective here in the Newmar forum, as well as other sections of irv2.

Thanks for all you do to support NKK. Your help at the International was much appreciated, and you made a good "chauffer", too! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:51 AM   #13

Hi! Hello from Pigeon Forge FRI: Well its another day of trying to keep up with this gang. We had breakfast at the Apple Wood Farmhouse Grill. Nice meal and the NKK took up the entire private room. In the afternoon Jill enjoyed the way too many stores that are out here. For the evening we went to the Blackbear Dinner & Show. Just when i thought it really could not get any better,it did. I know we have been to some good ones but this was the best for Jill and I. Al,Mary,Doug & Linda have out done themselves. Al had the entire NKK group sitting in front row tables across the entire stage. We ruled the place. They must of liked his good looks. The only small problem was, when it was snowing in the theater (really) I saw John (IRV2 member) ducking under the table. I don't think he has seen snow in awhile Paul
Old 11-11-2006, 03:01 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Paul, I will be thinking of you guys this Sun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Frankie! I was afraid you were going to surface this week For those of you who do not know Frankie: He is a member of the Noreasters. If you can ever go on a rally with that group, GO. Lots of fun, great campfires, and Frankie cooks up a storm. The bad news is (for me) he is as big of a Patriots Fan as I am a Jets Fan. I was hoping he forgot about me until after the game on Sun. I hate to say it but I think Frankie is going to have a great big smile after the Jets-Pats game. Frankie say hello to Karen. I thought hiding in Tenn was far enough away. Guess not. Good luck Sun and hopefully I have the big smile on Mon. Paul