Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #1

Dash air on our 08 MADP no longer gets cool, it just blows at the ambient temperature on both A/C and Max A/C. Found the A/C clutch fuse in the outside fuse panel below the driver's seat and it's good. Are there any other fuses or connections I should check?

08 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #2

Dash air on our 08 MADP no longer gets cool, it just blows at the ambient temperature on both A/C and Max A/C. Found the A/C clutch fuse in the outside fuse panel below the driver's seat and it's good. Are there any other fuses or connections I should check?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Had the same problem on my VTDP, was a bad thermocouple on the condenser that is supposed to prevent freeze overs. My service consultant stated their had been a rash of these defective parts. Replaced, everything appears to be working fine.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spikester:
Had the same problem on my VTDP, was a bad thermocouple on the condenser that is supposed to prevent freeze overs. My service consultant stated their had been a rash of these defective parts. Replaced, everything appears to be working fine.

Spike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would agree with that. My 2008 MADP had the same issue and repair was the same. Dash air works great now.
Thanks, Daryl
Old 07-05-2008, 06:32 AM   #5

Thanks, guys. Do you happen to know if that's something I can replace myself, sort of like a fuse, or does a bona fide tech need to do it?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:45 AM   #6

I had the same problem on my 08 DS......I wnt to NAPA and matched the old one to one close to it.......It works fine.....One less trip to the dealer....
Old 07-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #7

CLNHSE -
Can you tell me where it is onthe coach and what it looks like?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radioman:
CLNHSE -
Can you tell me where it is onthe coach and what it looks like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Radioman.
In your generator compartment passenger side near the top right under the dash you will see the coil box with the hard thermal coupler wire sticking out of the top. It is above your hydraulic jacks.
Hope this helps,
Daryl
Old 07-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #9

Thanks, Daryl. Soon as I finish lunch I'll take a look.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #10

Found it, Daryl. Thanks for your help.

I'll have to wait until the holiday weekend is over to try to get a replacement. We're in the middle of no place here in S. Dakota...

Old 07-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #11

OK! Good Luck
Daryl
Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #12

Hi Joe:

FWIW, the same happend to us in May. Had the thermostat changed at Coachlight and that worked for about three weeks. Had Evans TempCon look at it at the International and he said they had a bad run of those but when he checked, my new one was OK. After looking further, he found I had a leak in the compressor discharge hose fitting back in the engine compartment. It was pretty evident as you could see evidence of leakage all over the hose. It was deemed to be a Spartan issue and as I was heading for Michigan anyway, I stopped by Charlotte and they were very nice - as they always are - to put me in and fix the problem. So, if changing the thermostat doesn't work, which it probably will, try looking in your engine compartment, right side, in front of the fan belts and along side the block. The compressor is there and those lines run in the chassis rail all the way to the front of the coach. Let me know if you get that far and we can chat on the cell's if you have a problem.
Best to you and the Nagrivator (and of course Woofie - the poopless guard dog)

King

2008 EXDP 4502
txwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #13

You might try calling Newmar on Monday, they may send you the part overnight if you want to fix it yourself instead of taking it to a service center.

It's worth a shot, the worst they can do is say no.

CSX4350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #14

King -
Thanks for the input. I see no evidence of a leak where you indicated, so we'll hope the fix will be a new thermistor. I'll see what the Newmar and Spartan - and maybe Evans - folks have to say next week at FMCA. Just hope it doesn't get too hot between now and then though we often run with the genny and overhead air on and that usually keeps us comfortable. Hope you and Cathy are well - looking forward to seeing you in January in Tampa.