RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2006, 08:05 AM   #15
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks Terry....

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We have our stickers on each side of the coach on the windows (we too were not willing to adhere to paint). They are quite visible to anyone who passes. Also makes it easy to take off the old ones (when weathered) and replace with fresh ones... I also intend to do the plexiglass front window display when parked (as Str8Shooter).

NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
If you state doesn't require two license plates place the irv plate on the front.

That is where I keep a FMCA plate.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Remember that big "irv2.com" on side of your new coach that Warhorse posted. Have a vinyl one made up and you can stick it across your big windshield. I'am sure you will get alot of questions with that one. Just peel it off when you leave the campground.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #19

place the decal below the mid stripe and hang it with something semi-permanent. mine is laminated between two pieces of 1/4" plexiglas and backed with a piece the color of my wife's choosing (green). if you wish i will make one up for you to match whatever color is close to your wife's or your's, heart's desire. plexi now comes in a wide variety of colors, so the backgrounds can be any of the basic colors.pm me if you would like. terry
Old 07-12-2006, 05:08 AM   #20

I have my FMCA plaque on the rear of my toad. They make one you can stick to the rear window with doublestick tape and also one that you can put in your receiver hitch, however that one is generic and does have your member number on it.

You could attach them to the rear louvers with plastic tie wraps.

2005 39' Newmar KSDP3910, Spartan, 330 Cummins
Vigibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:18 AM   #21

Official iRV2 Sponsor

The iRV2 sticker is a very good grade of vinyl and with a hair dryer (just a little heat) will come off with no problem.

I'll be slapping one on the rear of my rig with no reservation.

And may I ask why will you ever need to remove it? If you sell it you want that sucker on there for the next owner to see and join up!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:49 AM   #22

WAIT A MINUTE....I'VE GOT IT....I WILL TRADE YOU MY MOUNTAIN AIRE FOR YOUR ESSEX...STRAIGHT UP.. YOU SEE MY MOUNTAIN AIRE HAS A LADDER....THEREBY YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!!! and mine has just begun..

2003 Newmar Mt. Aire, 3778.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:25 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
wow that thing is tall

lucky devil

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:31 AM   #24

Take aluminum flat piece (from HD or Lowe), bend it to make a bracket to attach to your license plate screws...then attach the irv2 stick to a cheap novelty plate and then attach it to the bracket you made...U can mount it above or below your license plate...
Old 07-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LandHo:
Take aluminum flat piece (from HD or Lowe), bend it to make a bracket to attach to your license plate screws...then attach the irv2 stick to a cheap novelty plate and then attach it to the bracket you made...U can mount it above or below your license plate... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She sure is preeety Bob! I wouldn't want to do anything to the paint either.

I vote for the above idea. If the "bracket" is made correctly then it should be away from the body of the coach.

I've been gone a week...did you get it home yet?

Any issues?

2003 KSDP
Ed-Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #26
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed-Deb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LandHo:
Take aluminum flat piece (from HD or Lowe), bend it to make a bracket to attach to your license plate screws...then attach the irv2 stick to a cheap novelty plate and then attach it to the bracket you made...U can mount it above or below your license plate... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She sure is preeety Bob! I wouldn't want to do anything to the paint either.

I vote for the above idea. If the "bracket" is made correctly then it should be away from the body of the coach.

I've been gone a week...did you get it home yet?

Any issues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LandHo's idea is what the present thinking is....We're going to either do the license plate bracket as above,or I'm even scoping out adding a double "L" to where the engine cover locks in...

Ed-Deb, if you click on the icon below for my location you will see we are at the iRV2 National (HOT!!) Rally in Sevierville,TN till the end of the week...
Check the Rally forum on the main page for an announcement of where the 2007 National Rally will be held....Signups start Thursday evening!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #27

rebelsbeach,

I attached our FMCA plaque with a couple of very small drops of clear silicon. I would suggest, if it's an iRV2 sticker instead of a plaque, to get a piece of plexiglas and cut it to shape, and attach it in the center of the spoiler wing. Of course, you'll need a ladder to do that

'06 Jeep Liberty Limited
dlhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote