Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #1

No more TV selector box overhead

When the salesman was showing us around the DS 3736 and explaining all the overhead electronics I asked where the Selector Box was when changing from Sat/bat wing antenna/CG cable/DVD/BlueRay player he stated there was no more Box. Dummy me, I didn't think fast enough to ask how you change from the different TV receptions.

Anyone with the DS able to easily explain how all this might work? I know they have taken up all the front overhead storage with this and the Energy Management System. All my past RVs have had the Box to select wherever you wanted to receive TV reception from and that's what I've been used to.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #2

On the newer coaches you use the input function on the TVs to select Sat, Cable, DVD, etc.

Bill
OC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #3

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks Bill. We've purchased 4 RVs since 1988 and these new DSs have more complicated systems than I can shake a stick at. We spent over 5 hours two different days on the dealers lot looking at one coach and now that we're home we are still coming up with questions we should have asked or looked at.

Thanks goodness for this Forum as I'm going to continue to have questions I or the wife are going to have before we're in a position to order one.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks Bill. We've purchased 4 RVs since 1988 and these new DSs have more complicated systems than I can shake a stick at. We spent over 5 hours two different days on the dealers lot looking at one coach and now that we're home we are still coming up with questions we should have asked or looked at.

Thanks goodness for this Forum as I'm going to continue to have questions I or the wife are going to have before we're in a position to order one.
Wagonmaster2
You keep asking questions....
Every question you ask someone else is thinking about the same question and just hasn't asked it yet
What a great forum
Best of luck in your search
lrose44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
The cable / batwing antenna selection is at the antenna power supply near the passenger seat. Button in- antenna, button out- cable. TV, Sat or Disc player selection is done either with the TV input change or with the receiver input selector.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote