RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'am sitting here wondering why is it that the Newmar forum isn't busy like the other forums. Is it because Newmar has the BEST THEIR IS.

I have looked at coaches ,not to buy, at shows, been in friends coachs of name brands and read posts of these brands and all the problems they are having.

A leaky roof,slide ,slide don't slide, slide slams against wall in and out so sitting on toilet can see street outside thru gap in side wall. Sometimes the slide slides so fast in or out they have to open a window because of the rush of air movement.

One thing about the three Newmars I've had the slide moves sure but steady may be slow, but no swush of air, but you know it will get there and seal against wall so no water will enter whether its open or closed.
The slide recesses into the wall when closed not on the surface of the wall like other MFG's. When its open the aluminum angle iron on inside face of slide rests against the seal from the inside not allowing water in.

Will have to say never had a leaky roof on a Newmar just check every season and apply if needed sealent and check running lights front and rear.
Have I had a problem with a Newmar YES BUT minor compared to other MFG's. For example this new coach had broken window shade,buckled floor tiles,leaky toilets two of them,slide door off track,LP detector not working, LP tank over filled and the chassis had water into air intake, the porpois problem and a leaky jack other than that they all could be fixed by myself or Newmar.
Dealer was selling coach with these problems sat on lot for 9 months, tough sell.

The trip to Canada had a pipe to black tank drop out of floor flange creating a mess fix myself at a CG, than the bolt for electric step snap off because its a soft bolt now has a steel bolt.

Yes Newmar isn't perfect, who is, I'am certainly not but I do know the Newmar coach is one heck of a good coach to work on and a solid foundation thats why I would purchase another one.
I know some have had more problems with their coach or 5th but Newmar will try to do their best to correct a problem.

I have said enough, what do you have to say about your Newmar good or bad. "007"

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
No problems in the Newmar forum tonight

I'am sitting here wondering why is it that the Newmar forum isn't busy like the other forums. Is it because Newmar has the BEST THEIR IS.

I have looked at coaches ,not to buy, at shows, been in friends coachs of name brands and read posts of these brands and all the problems they are having.

A leaky roof,slide ,slide don't slide, slide slams against wall in and out so sitting on toilet can see street outside thru gap in side wall. Sometimes the slide slides so fast in or out they have to open a window because of the rush of air movement.

One thing about the three Newmars I've had the slide moves sure but steady may be slow, but no swush of air, but you know it will get there and seal against wall so no water will enter whether its open or closed.
The slide recesses into the wall when closed not on the surface of the wall like other MFG's. When its open the aluminum angle iron on inside face of slide rests against the seal from the inside not allowing water in.

Will have to say never had a leaky roof on a Newmar just check every season and apply if needed sealent and check running lights front and rear.
Have I had a problem with a Newmar YES BUT minor compared to other MFG's. For example this new coach had broken window shade,buckled floor tiles,leaky toilets two of them,slide door off track,LP detector not working, LP tank over filled and the chassis had water into air intake, the porpois problem and a leaky jack other than that they all could be fixed by myself or Newmar.
Dealer was selling coach with these problems sat on lot for 9 months, tough sell.

The trip to Canada had a pipe to black tank drop out of floor flange creating a mess fix myself at a CG, than the bolt for electric step snap off because its a soft bolt now has a steel bolt.

Yes Newmar isn't perfect, who is, I'am certainly not but I do know the Newmar coach is one heck of a good coach to work on and a solid foundation thats why I would purchase another one.
I know some have had more problems with their coach or 5th but Newmar will try to do their best to correct a problem.

I have said enough, what do you have to say about your Newmar good or bad. "007"

Old 03-22-2006, 04:23 AM   #3

I currently have a Newmar and three other Newmar's previously, and the main reason I go back to Newmar is quality and finish, yes Newmar's are a little more money but you get what you paid for.
The added bonus is belonging to the Newmar Kountry Klub, the very best in the RV industry. Ed.S
Old 03-22-2006, 06:26 AM   #4

This is our first MH, and we are VERY glad we did our research and went with Newmar, and will do so again when the time comes.

Ed, you mentioned the Newmar Kountry Klub, which we didn't renew after the first year simply because we both still work fulltime and aren't able to attend the rallys, etc. Aside from "being a member" are there other benefits to belonging, as it will be a couple more years before we can start hitting the rallys.

Take care.

2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3560
RobAndTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Looks like another quiet night for Newmar to night. "007"
Old 03-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Looks like another quiet night for Newmar to night. "007" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shhh. You'll wake the Newmars.

p. s.: Don't feed the Newmars.
Mahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well I had one question posted on the Newmar forum today but there was other PM's with questions on the kitchen cabinet upgrade, bring them on willing to help.

Most people with older Newmars weren't able to get the later 04 thru 06 options for there coaches. So we will put them in ourselves. I have started the bedroom LCD install and a few other things to brighten up your older Newmars. Stay tuned. "007"
Old 03-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #8

Rob and Teresa, you didn't mentiom what state your from, if I knew that I could tell you of the chapter or chapter's in your state, you don't have to be retired to enjoy the benefits of belonging to the Newmar Kountry Klub, as a Newmar Klub member you would share your experiences with other Newmar Owner's and benefit from there experience's as well, we have only be retired two years but went to eight Newmar International Rallies and twenty chapter rallies, Newmar Owner's are a very fine group of caring people. Ed.S
Old 03-29-2006, 03:07 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey 007, those Newmars aren't older they are seasoned motorhomes.....The wife and I got lucky
or a much higher power lead us to our 2002 KS gasser....no major problems, just maintainence
issues....everybody that looks at it are blown
away at the quality and fit of the unit....if we ever trade it will be to another one.

Phelpo said that....keep up the great work 007
Phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Looks like another quite night for Newmar its just great to own one of these coachs.
<span class="ev_code_RED">I'am looking for some work if anyone wants to become a member of Newmar forum just say so and I will take of it for you.</span>
Old 04-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #11

007--You may be out of a job soon! Now that we have a REAL Newmar person at the head of Newmar again I can only see things getting better.
Had a VERY interesting conversation with the past president and sales mgr at the Tampa RV Show. They didn't want to hear about the decline in quality or the ability to build a unit that the Customer wants. Their background said it all.
I'm one that was happy to see the management change!!
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:01 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Its good to see a Miller in charge of Newmar again hopefully the shop will get back to where it was before the death of Virgil Miller.
Would like to see warranty issues get back to where they were but we will see, you still can't beat a Newmar for the value.

As to my job it sure is tough getting Newmar owners to ask for some KARMA doesn't anyone need some you can be a Newmar Forum Member than just a member, what say Newmar folks your Newmar deserves it.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:47 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As to my job it sure is tough getting Newmar owners to ask for some KARMA doesn't anyone need some............ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROGER: perhaps you have done them all? Actually, it is a nice touch you add for our members, and I promise I won't sneak in here and "do" any more for you, like I did recently. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:27 AM   #14
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
No problem be my guess, there must be more than 150 Newmar owners on irv2 they are just to bashful to ask. Over 6000 views they must just come in to view to see whats going on, I know they don't have any problems with their Newmar because they have a Newmar. They must belong to that other Newmar site with all the adds.