Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #1

No theater seats option?? Or can't I read...

My wife and I are nearing a new coach decision and have boiled the list down to the Newmar 4018 and Entegra 44B. We love them both and they are very similar in appointments. One frustration - the Newmar seems to have 1,000 options (literally) available, but one of them does not appear to be theater seats in place of the L couch. Am I just missing the option in the enormous list of choices or have Newmar chosen not to use theater seats for some reason?? I know we could always have them swapped at purchase but that's really not what I'd like to do. Am very impressed with the Comfort Drive and over-all fit and finish.

JBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoyer View Post
My wife and I are nearing a new coach decision and have boiled the list down to the Newmar 4018 and Entegra 44B. We love them both and they are very similar in appointments. One frustration - the Newmar seems to have 1,000 options (literally) available, but one of them does not appear to be theater seats in place of the L couch. Am I just missing the option in the enormous list of choices or have Newmar chosen not to use theater seats for some reason?? I know we could always have them swapped at purchase but that's really not what I'd like to do. Am very impressed with the Comfort Drive and over-all fit and finish.
Newmar is very flexible about adding/deleting options from their other coaches. Find the theater seat option layout you prefer from a different coach, and either call Newmar to discuss or ask your dealer to submit. Would be faster to call Newmar and they might have other/better suggestions.

I'd think the main considerations would be the length of the theater seats vs. the sofa you're replacing, and perhaps the slide out depth. But just ask.

Good luck in your decision!

Old 06-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't think you can easily find a way to put theatre seats (Like a recliner?) in the front right slide of most/all DSDPs. The problem is that there isn't enough slide floor for it to sit on. I could be wrong but you need the depth of the driver side slide to make it work well. Without that depth the recliner platform is wider than the PS slide floor and during travel might cause problems both in staying on the floor and blocking the isle.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:22 AM   #4

SkyBoss - thanks for your reply. We really like the theater seats in the Entegra 44B. There are three - all recline and there is a console between two of the seats. Really comfortable and recline fully. The depth of the slides may be different for sure. I would never have thought about that.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #5

It is amazing, compared to many other coaches we've looked at, how many options and choices Newmar gives. In manufacturing, that can be a bit of a dual-edged sword. Your advice to call Newmar is probably the best. If there's a reason they don't seem to have them, maybe they can explain it. I'd like to know if they've installed in the past and had terrible luck with them. Again - thanks!
Old 06-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoyer View Post
With the Entegra...be careful about dust entering the basement when you travel.
Friends returned their first Entegra and tried a second same problem. Newmar is as flexible as your checkbook will allow.
charlievette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievette View Post
Friends returned their first Entegra and tried a second same problem. Newmar is as flexible as your checkbook will allow.
Good to know about the Entegra dust issue and I'm glad to know Newmar is very flexible. In the scheme of things, theater chairs would be a minimal ad-on.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
GKU

Just went through this, as we are ordering a new Mountain Aire. We could NOT get theater seat in the Mountain Aire. They are available in the Dutch star as a option. Here is the reason:

Dutch Star uses Flex-Steel for all the furniture, Mountain Aire and above uses Villa. We were told that Newmar will not get the Villa theater seats.

This is a very popular option and I think that Newmar should offer it across their complete line.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:44 PM   #9

The new seating that is standard in the Mountain Aire 4535 floor plan is called a chaise lounge. Seems a bit similar to theater seating in that seats at either end have a retractable footrest. Anybody seen or sat in one of these yet? We are in the verge of ordering a Mountain Aire and are curious. We will be trying to see one soon and will report our findings.

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #10

Doesn't make sense that Newmar would risk potential sales to a competitor over a recliner.

Heck, couldn't imagine being without my Lazy boy in my S&B master
Old 06-25-2018, 04:18 PM   #11
GKU

I believe the chaise lounge has a footrest only, that comes up. The back stays stationary. Would not be comfortable. We chose the recliners and may try to find theater seating when/if Newmar makes them available for the MA.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:37 AM   #12

Love our reclining chairs, extremely comfortable. Good luck
67vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:37 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievette View Post

I own an Entegra, and have many friends that also own one. All the way from Aspire to Cornerstone, no one has dust problems in the basement that I am aware of. So Iím curious where this info comes from? Maybe your friends only drove in the desert?

I know someone who has a Newmar where the slide motor mounts self destroyed, so does that mean all Newmars have a serious slide motor problem?

Iím intrigued by Newmar and mostly lurk in this forum. I certainly would buy one, almost did buy a DS instead of my Entegra. I learn so much from these forums....
Johnontheroad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
These our our recliners 4369 Ventana . They are not Flexsteel or Avila. . . They are private label. After 10 mos of travel, the seat base on both chairs collapsed . Wifeís feet now off the floor. Four (4) documented complaints to our dealer and NEWMAR brought -0- assistance. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6603.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	208543

Blufox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater