Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #1

Non working hydraulic jacks

After sitting in campsite for week got ready to leave its retract on the jacks nothing anybody got any ideas 2003mountain aire 3778
don mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #2

Not sure how long you have owned the coach or your level of experience with systems so I don't want to appear insulting or condescending. But, . . .

According to your manual, does the engine have to be running for jacks to retract? If not, normally the ignition should be in the "accessory" position. Then you press "Store" on the control pad. You then should be hearing an annoying buzzer (for which there is a cure). This assumes you have an HWH leveling system.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #3

Yes I have the buzzer yes the switch was on when I push the button for up or down it just clicks it does not activate
Old 10-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Take a look at the front of your reservoir tank for jack system under hood will be to your right below you.
On the face of tank you will see a solenoid with wiring to pump.
On one of these wires you will see a fuse holder if it doesn't fall apart open it and check the fuse if it doesn't fall apart.
The FUSE I think was a 45 amp fuse for the pump.
You can try a new fuse but the holder may just fall apart you can twist the wires together to get jack system working and disconnect after doing so, taping the battery end wire.
When you get home buy a auto reset circuit braker for 45 amp and mount on shelf near your hood opening. You wil have to splice out wiring to mount the braker after you have it mounted paint with liquid tape for protection.
Its possible the motor mounting bolts have loosened and need to be tightened so motor has its ground back to battery power..
I believe you have a Workhorse chassis if you need info on that let me know.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #5

I will go out and check that as soon as the race is over thanks for responding
Old 10-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by don mccoy View Post
Yes I have the buzzer yes the switch was on when I push the button for up or down it just clicks it does not activate
If you hear a click when you push the up or down button, would indicate there is power and the fuse is OK. But to retract the Jacks you want to press the Store button. Not the up or down buttons.
When you hit Store, it activates a solenoid that opens the system to allow fluid to drain back to the reservoir. The Jacks retract using spring tension.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:37 PM   #7

Can you explain the fix for the annoying buzzer
Bficke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:40 PM   #8

Well, you can track down the buzzer and pull the wire off or better, just put a piece of Duct Tape over it to quiet it down.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #9

Yes the problem is when I hit store it does not drain back
Old 10-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Put your key turned in the ACC position to stop buzzer.
The solenoids need to open for fluid to drain back to tank, your springs are what forses the fluid back may have a power problem.
All your solenoids have ground wires,white, that go to a ground bolt welded to chassis frame there was a problem with them because the bolt weld was broken on chassis frame.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #11

From experience on my 2005 MADP- take loose the HWH ground wire & clean it thoroughly- wire brush- apply dielectric grease & reinstall it. The ground connection gets corroded and on DC it won't make the circuit.

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #12

Thank you sir I will try in am
Old 10-15-2017, 08:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
Not sure how long you have owned the coach or your level of experience with systems so I don't want to appear insulting or condescending. But, . . .

According to your manual, does the engine have to be running for jacks to retract? If not, normally the ignition should be in the "accessory" position. Then you press "Store" on the control pad. You then should be hearing an annoying buzzer (for which there is a cure). This assumes you have an HWH leveling system.
what's the cure for that annoying buzzer,
valland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you have the parking brake on?

Tags
hydraulic, jacks