RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #1

Norcold 1210 "L1 oP" error code?

Hello all,
I just finished paying a mobile tech $287 to clear a fault on my Norcold 1210 fridge in my 2015 Ventana. A call to Norcold was of no help because they insisted I call a tech. What was frustrating is that the tech would not / could not show me what he did, nor explain what caused the fault in the first place. I should state up front that this fridge is barely 2 years old, and has no sign of leaking coolant. Aside from feeling a bit "taken", has anyone else out there experienced this "L1 oP" error before?
Thanks

ORescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi - That's the high temperature limit switch is open error. Find a shop that you are more trusting of and have it looked at. If the code is real then you may have a major repair coming but there is a three year warranty. Good luck.

Tom

PS - Why did you pay the tech where you are under warranty? I'd try to recover that bill.

Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi - That's the high temperature limit switch is open error. Find a shop that you are more trusting of and have it looked at. If the code is real then you may have a major repair coming but there is a three year warranty. Good luck.

Tom

PS - Why did you pay the tech where you are under warranty? I'd try to recover that bill.

We were stuck in unfamiliar territory, paid cash - no receipt. May want to avoid Cajun RV Service in Calhoun, LA.
ORescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:34 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
While this may be an old thread, I have some recent experience that may help someone.
It was a dark and stormy night (really). The L1 oP error occurred about midnight.
Following online information, I started to troubleshoot high temp limit switch error.
I was fortunate to notice that coach lights appeared to be a bit dim.
Observed 13.5 Vdc on Magnum display but no high amp output. Aux battery display showed 6vdc. All batteries individually gave a 6+vdc reading.Isolated to loose ground connection on aftemost battery. Tightened connection and problem resolved. Error was just a symptom of the problem, not the issue itself.
Had a similar voltage error some years ago on our boat. A “dim memory” helped with point to point troubleshooting and reminder that it’s good practice to look for things to tighten on a regular basis on anything that moves and shakes like our RVs.
iRV2 is my first source to check when there are problems, it’s a valuable resource!!
Thanks all!
TRV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the post TOM , grounds loose as bad as no battery power especially in a RV.
All refrigerator problems can be found here among other things of interest.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:02 PM   #6

On the 'stack' is a temp sesing switch...trips open when High boiler temps are detected.'
The leads from switch connect to Lower Circuit Board at 'LIMIT IN' and 'LIMIT OUT' terminals

IF switch Opens.........throws the L1 oP error code, shts down AC/Propane heat sources and records the fault in non-volatile memory

Switch is 'resettable' by push reset buttin in center of switch

Switch can trip IF:
Ventilation is obstructed/blocked
Heat deflector blocked
Off level operation
Cooling Unit faliure (leak)

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold