Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Went to the Tampa RV show two years ago with intentions of buying a different brand from LD. Had received a price we were happy with via email and telephone. Got to the show and could not find the salesman. No one seemed to interested in helping us find him. The exact coach we had received the price on was there with a "show special" price posted on it that was more than we had received in writing. They probably would have honored the deal but we couldn't find the salesman....and we were starting to question the choice of coach...honestly, it didn't have everything we really wanted. So, In the meantime we wandered into the North Trail Newmar area and the rest is history. The entire process met our expectations for the coach we ordered. We may have gotten a slightly better price if we had shopped Newmar dealers nationwide. But, as for the professionalism and process with NT we were very very satisfied. Nice people who seemed to really enjoy their work. NT is a good two hour drive from our home. We haven't had any service done there. But, another Newmar dealer that is considerably closer was happy to take care of some warranty work for us.
To the OP..... Good luck with your decision. Each and every situation is different. We're happy that ours worked out as well as it did.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
thanks for all the feedback on North Trail & look forward to reading more.
Hope I didn't upset anyone asking about the dealer here on the Newmar Owners Forum being we are ordering another manufacturers coach from North Trail.

I'll be the one in the Allegro Bus 45LP waving hello & if I didn't upset you... hopefully you'll wave back.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have bought all three (3) of our motor homes from NorthTrail (we live in Fort Myers as well). That’s one (1) Tiffin and two (2) Newmars.

I can’t say that I have always gotten the absolute lowest price out there … but have always felt good about my deals. Also coming from the local business environment I have always preached “use local business” when going up against the out of town firms in getting work, so try and follow that model as well. Actually I am more concerned about service after sales and that is the main reason for buying locally.

We have been pleased with the service department and fortunately have not had to use it much. NorthTrail is in the process of a huge expansion and I think the service department will get even better when that is done. As far as getting service after sales, I know any dealer should take care of you and probably will, but I think the selling dealer might be your best bet if that is possible. At least that is what I am banking on and am lucky to have a Newmar dealer in my home town.

Not that the following has anything to do with Newmar (in fact this in not even a Newmar dealer) … but I do remember reading this in Tiffin’s April 2013 Volume 10, Number 2 Roughing It Smoothly magazine and believe if I was a dealer I would probably lean towards the same kind of thinking and really don’t blame a dealer for doing so …

This year Carpenter’s Campers expects to deliver 30 Tiffin motorhomes. “We like to sell to RVers in our region because we want to take care of them after the sale,” Mark emphasized. “I do not get into the internet bidding game. If someone in our region buys a new coach a thousand miles away, we certainly will provide top quality service to that owner. But on any given day, if I have to make a choice between offering timely service to an owner who bought here and one who bought through a bidding competition, you know who I will favor.”

That’s my two cents …

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have some body and paint work that needs to be done after an altercation with a stop sign..😁. How is North Trail with this kind of work? Also looking to have engineered wood flooring installed to replace carpet and would like to know if this is something North Teail can do or is there someone else in the Fort Myers area that does good work...
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #19

Tom,

North Trail had to do some warrantee body / paint work on my Ventana and I was very happy with the outcome. The paint was a perfect match and a year and half latter, it still looks as if the factory had done it.
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
north trail

We purchased two rvs at NT and our guy wad Steve Towin. Very please with sales process anf service after sale in June 2104th. They are about to open s new hugh service and customer lounge.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
North Trail - Ft. Myers Florida ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
LD doesn't sell newmar.

North Trails has a big non refundable deposit on an ordered rig as does Independence in Orlando.

TampaRVOne is new newmar dealer, normal deposit.

If you don't mind going up the east coast a bit I have a dealer that can get a 28% off msrp deal

Looking at Tampa RV One website and I can't find any mention of Newmar products....????
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:15 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
As Tomp4801 just mentioned, we were also on line last night and I tried to pull up the Tampa RV One site to see what new or used Newmar's they had in stock. Can't find mention of their selling Newmar anywhere. Anyone know what's up....factually?
Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 AM   #23

North Trail - Ft. Myers Florida ???

Try your search again. This mornings Google search for Tampa RVOne show about 20 Newmar's in stock.

Select "view our new units in stock"
Old 07-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Big dealer v. small dealer

More and more dealers are selling through the internet. In today's connected world, that is no surprise at all. This means the smaller dealers like Midway compete with the larger dealers like North Trail. The best advice is to shop, shop, shop. Compare, compare, compare. Do your complete 'due diligence' (which is half the fun anyhow).

Big means nothing in today's climate. If anything, I have formed a suspicion about 'big' -- and it is that 'small' can well be a lot better in terms of personal service and commitment to the customer if the right dealership is involved.

We have bought from both large and small dealers. In our experience, your shopping result all depends on not only how good the price and trade deals are (and they are important and will vary throughout the country at several Newmar dealers) but, perhaps even more importantly, what kind of follow up you will get for PDI and service after the sale.

In the instance of our purchase from a large dealer, we got what appeared to be a great deal on the sale, but once our money was paid, we had a truly lousy PDI experience and equally poor service follow up with items that needed adjustment or fix which we discovered after operating the coach for a week -- things that were either not addressed, or addressed only half way -- ultimately requiring us to drive our coach to Nappanee to get Newmar to do the work the big dealer simply did not do but should have. Lesson learned!

This time around, with a smaller dealer (Midway RV in Grand Rapids), they have been completely competent and responsive and we have been 110% pleased with their pricing, their PDI, their delivery and their follow up service. We have been treated with respect as valued customers all along the way with them.

That sort of treatment cannot be measured in terms of dollars IMHO.

Like FLSteve, this is just my Two Cents.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Lass..I'll be glad to take your word for it but 2 minutes ago a search of their site froze my computer when I clicked on new inventory in stock. When I unfroze the computer and went back I clicked on the Class A motorhome icon and a list of units came up...but, again, showed no Newmar products. Strange things happen with these computers sometimes.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #26

[QUOTE=LongDogRanch;2629304]Lass..I'll be glad to take your word for it but 2 minutes ago a search of their site froze my computer when I clicked on new inventory in stock. When I unfroze the computer and went back I clicked on the Class A motorhome icon and a list of units came up...but, again, showed no Newmar products. Strange things happen with these computers

You are correct that the class A selection does not show the Newmar brand but if you Go to "view new units in stock" and scroll down to the Newmar section it will list about 20 different selections.

It worked for me.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 AM   #27

I looked at Dutch Star and Ventana at Tampa RV in April.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
We've bought a new Tiffin in 2012 and recently a new Newmar from North Trail and are very happy with them, will by there again in the future.
captrick1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida