RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2019, 05:29 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
North Trail RV

Over the many years I've been on this forum, I've notice that the largest dealers often receive the most criticism. That is logical. When you have more customers, it becomes more likely that someone will complain. No one is perfect.

Some may recall my post reporting an absolutely terrible ride in my coach from Florida to Wisconsin, where we then cancelled our planned 2 month trip and returned to Florida.

One of the problems was determined to be my new 2019 MA had been delivered with 2019 engine software and 2018 incompatible transmission software.

The other major problem was the coach having been delivered with the ride height way out of spec, resulting in excessive front end bounce to the point that it was frequently topping and bottoming out.

I took it to North Trail. Their tech did there normal thing. I test drove and it still wasn't right.

Bret Howard, Service Manager, and Michael Phillips took it upon themselves to do the work after normal business hours. They figured out how to properly adjust ride height. They developed jigs to aid their work. They got it right.

Then at my request, we changed from the 46 mm front shocks to the 60 mm front shocks.

The final result is amazingly good.

I felt it important to publicly comment Bret, Micheal and North Trail RV for their exceptional customer service.

Steve Kieffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2019, 06:58 AM   #2

I also have had good service with North Trails and Mike Phillips as well.

Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:04 AM   #3

Just for the record for those that don't know, North Trail RV is in Ft Myers Fl.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:20 AM   #4

Did you buy your Newmar from them
wade5979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Yes.

They have been the largest Newmar dealer for many years. I don't remember the exact percentage, but was told that in 2019 they pre-ordered significantly more than 50% of Newmar's total annual volume.
Steve Kieffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #6

We purchased from North Trail two years ago. Since we winter in North Ft Myers I have taken my coach back to them two or three times. I have always gotten excellent service from them.
FLJOE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #7

I have bought 2 Newmar from North Trail. I have been treated exceptionally well by the service staff. They have always gotten me into service when needed and gotten the coach back to me when promised. What more can you ask for?
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:28 AM   #8

My problem with Northtrail was with sales, never made it to the point of purchase. Glad it all worked out for you.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
My problem with Northtrail was with sales, never made it to the point of purchase. Glad it all worked out for you.
we are considering purchasing from North Trail what is wrong with their sales?
Larry67427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:00 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I was treated very well thru the sales , pdi and warranty. I would go back.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We also had trouble with their sales dept. and never got to even start negotiations. We had a much smaller Winnebago than what we were looking at and the DW was very apprehensive about driving a much bigger coach. I had made a deal with her that if she did not feel comfortable driving the bigger Newmar, we would keep the Winne. They did not have an exact match for our needs and we said we would be willing to order one, but before we did she was going to have to drive one of an equal size to be sure she could handle it comfortably. He told us that would not be possible until we had decided on the exact coach and agreed on a price. We went down the road to LazyDays and bought a Tiffin. The salesman we dealt with gave us the impression that he thought we were not serious customers and that we were just wasting his time. We were both totally unimpressed with them. We had a totally different experience at LazyDays.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
We also had trouble with their sales dept. and never got to even start negotiations. We had a much smaller Winnebago than what we were looking at and the DW was very apprehensive about driving a much bigger coach. I had made a deal with her that if she did not feel comfortable driving the bigger Newmar, we would keep the Winne. They did not have an exact match for our needs and we said we would be willing to order one, but before we did she was going to have to drive one of an equal size to be sure she could handle it comfortably. He told us that would not be possible until we had decided on the exact coach and agreed on a price. We went down the road to LazyDays and bought a Tiffin. The salesman we dealt with gave us the impression that he thought we were not serious customers and that we were just wasting his time. We were both totally unimpressed with them. We had a totally different experience at LazyDays.

Our experience with sales was entirely different. We actually drove three different RVs at the salesman's insistence prior to any negotiations to help in deciding on tag, comfort drive and size. He was very patient and answered or found someone who could answer all our questions. As well as, asking a few himself that we had not considered. In the end we were completely satisfied with our choices of motorhome and related equipment.
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:12 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
We bought our rig from North Trail and had a great experience. Salesman was great; we test drove our rig with no commitment or paperwork done. The PDI was done really well, and the coach was cleaned up fantastically. Would buy there again.
TravlinMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #14

Great service but.

I have checked out the reviews on them and their service department has a lot of great reviews. The issue I read was they won't come down off the MSRP by anywhere near what the others dealerships will. That adds to the sales tax and, in some states, can raise the tag fee.

Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote