Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2018, 02:54 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Pete Hossfeld. I think most of them will do well for you. All final decisions come from the top. Buying one build to suit is ALWAYS less expensive than one from the lot.
Zarbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2018, 06:13 AM   #58

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjockey67 View Post
Robyn, what did you buy from them and who was your salesperson?
It was back in 2015, we bought a 2009 Holiday Rambler and I think the salesperson's name was Tammy. My friend bought a brand new rig around late 2016, maybe early 2017 and I do not know who her salesperson was. I mentioned this forum to her and here is her response: "Yikes! Run people run! Worst service ever! [Mod Edit]
RobynM039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #59

North Trail Rv

Quote:
For those who have dealt with North Trail for Newmar new coach diesel sales (looking at Dutch Stars or New Aires) can you recommend a good sales person? Anyone to avoid? How was the quality of your PDI?
Just purchased from Peter Hossfeld at North Trail, and the whole experience was above and beyond. 239-707-4710 is his direct line.
Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynM039 View Post
It was back in 2015, we bought a 2009 Holiday Rambler and I think the salesperson's name was Tammy. My friend bought a brand new rig around late 2016, maybe early 2017 and I do not know who her salesperson was. I mentioned this forum to her and here is her response: "Yikes! Run people run! Worst service ever! [Mod Edit]
I can only assume from your 2 posts that when you purchased your 6 year old Holiday Rambler from North Trail that there were repair issues with it. We never purchased a used coach from them but the three service visits we had with our new coach last year was top notch. A great friendly professional staff IMHO.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #61

Does anyone have Matt Padella’s email address? They have a coach in stock that I would like to get the options list for.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Does anyone have Matt Padella’s email address? They have a coach in stock that I would like to get the options list for.
Matt.padella@northtrailrv.com
Old 09-22-2018, 05:34 AM   #63

Thank you
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Thank you
No problem
Old 09-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #65

Quote:
Hey FLJOE, that photo thing sounds like a seriously cool idea. Dumb question though, what did you use for the photo?
We bought ours from dealer stock at the end of the model year, so we didn't get a chance to visit the factory to see the build. When we recently toured the factory another couple was in our group to see their coach. It had a family photo 8x10 taped to the windshield that all the workers were signing along the way.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:28 PM   #66
SLS

Newmar Owners Club
John Wicks or Howard Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 fan View Post
I worked with John Wick and was treated very well. Order process and PDI was great. He called me 4 or 5 times in the first month to see how it was going.
I worked with John and Howard Doyle over the phone and did a factory pickup and PDI.
I will buy again from John and/or Howard.
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:16 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
We bought ours from dealer stock at the end of the model year, so we didn't get a chance to visit the factory to see the build. When we recently toured the factory another couple was in our group to see their coach. It had a family photo 8x10 taped to the windshield that all the workers were signing along the way.

We did a new build and they send your pic back in the document box when all the signatures and their favorite bible verse. It was pretty cool, at least in our opinion.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
We did a new build and they send your pic back in the document box when all the signatures and their favorite bible verse. It was pretty cool, at least in our opinion.
I totally agree! I'm willing to bet there is not another RV manufacturer that would return that photo with a bible verse included.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #69

In 2014 I sent North Trail an email requesting a quote for a configuration that I had also sent to several other dealers. 2 months later I got a reply from a salesman who said he only deals on the phone. What century are they living in?
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:41 PM   #70
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
In 2014 I sent North Trail an email requesting a quote for a configuration that I had also sent to several other dealers. 2 months later I got a reply from a salesman who said he only deals on the phone. What century are they living in?
Since your comment was on an experience you had some four years ago, I'd bet they're dealing in this century as I've received emails, phone calls and even faxes from folks at North Trail.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale