RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #1

North Trail sales

For those who have dealt with North Trail for Newmar new coach diesel sales (looking at Dutch Stars or New Aires) can you recommend a good sales person? Anyone to avoid? How was the quality of your PDI?

Skyjockey67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2018, 05:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjockey67 View Post
For those who have dealt with North Trail for Newmar new coach diesel sales (looking at Dutch Stars or New Aires) can you recommend a good sales person? Anyone to avoid? How was the quality of your PDI?
i used matt padilla and was very happy....feel free to use my name....just say paul, from willington ct....

and my PDI was excellent.....my third coach, so i knew some things to look for, and they already got them, plus a bunch more.....

have had no issues that should have been caught...all of my issues have been generated by use and road time....

i know there are always good and bad experiences at any large dealer....but my experience was great....will be 1 yr on sept 29th....

willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:30 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The DW and I made a trip from Maryland to Tampa to visit Lazydays. After looking at the brands they sell, we decided that we really wanted a Newmar. Since we were on a MH shopping trip, we headed down to Fort Myers to check out the MHs at North Trail. The sales person that we worked with Matt Padella.

Following that trip, everything was done via email and phone calls. We purchased a Ď18 MADP and picked it up at the factory this past December. No issues working with Matt. Working with the business office wasnít as easy, but you sort of expect that.

Since we did a FPU, we did not do a PDI at North Trail. Additionally, we have had all of our punch list work done at other dealers while we were traveling through NC and GA. We also made a trip to the factory for the more difficult work that we wanted the better trained factory personnel to take care of.

So bottom line, we worked with Matt. No issues. No other interaction with North Trail.
flyboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:47 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am working with Matt Padella right now Ö have been happy so far but just starting the final phase of negotiations. Stay tuned ...

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:48 PM   #5

Coastal Campers
I worked with Eric Martinez, for over a year before finding the right one. He was straight up and no bs. My buddy bought his (from Eric) just after we got ours, he was also very happy, and that is saying ALOT !!!!! In fact, he's the salesman they used for the North Trail RV show with the mother/daughter.
Either way, great experience at North Trail...
Old 08-29-2018, 06:50 PM   #6

Tamara Gering. We worked with her on our current coach. Very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. She is currently looking for our next coach as the trades start coming in for those purchasing 2019ís.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #7

Interesting that you all mention Matt Padella as I just finished watching him showcasing one of the very coaches I had my eye on in a YouTube video not ten minutes ago. Kismet?

https://youtu.be/5Q7yPSE4JHU
Skyjockey67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:38 PM   #8

Eric Martinez was who helped up. As previous poster said, no BS and no hassle. Service and sales process has been stellar.

PDI was meh. There were some issues w detail work and some damage. But all are being resolved quickly and some without even having to ask. Some are getting done at factory in dec. Newmar factory rep on site is a major plus as well. Any further questions, Iím happy to answer via pm!!
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:57 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had complete opposite experience at North Trail & Eric Martinez. He was helpful when looking at coaches but when it came to making a deal was a completely different person and very rude & disrespectful. Iíll leave it at that but if you want more info feel free to PM me. We ended up using Independence & had a completely different & great buying & PDI experience.
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
Had complete opposite experience at North Trail & Eric Martinez. He was helpful when looking at coaches but when it came to making a deal was a completely different person and very rude & disrespectful. Iíll leave it at that but if you want more info feel free to PM me. We ended up using Independence & had a completely different & great buying & PDI experience.

Bummer to hear that. Whatís funny is we both had the complete opposite experience at both places. Independence didnít want my business. Didnít want to go through the order process with me and told me good luck finding anyone else that would beat their prices, which werenít that great to start with. So I did and went to NT. I always try to keep an open mind in any business transaction. People who are in sales are just that: people. Their job is a sale and close the deal. WHY they chose that job is always a mystery. But I do know that most have families, they have bad and good days, they have thoughts, preferences and emotions.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
We had a bad experience at North Trail with John.... as a result we also went to Independence for our purchase
Old 08-30-2018, 06:10 AM   #12

First time I went to North Trail, I got stuck with a salesman who was very pushy and didn't seem to be interested in dealing with me. I ended up going back and talking with the sales manager, telling him of my complaint, and he set me up with Steve Rowin. Easy to talk with and deal with. Got a good price on trade in and a nice discount on the purchase, with great follow up after the sale.

Prov. 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:42 AM   #13

like i said up front, it's just amazing how the same dealer can have such a different experience across their reps...

in sales, the platinum rule is that you treat people the way they want to be treated...and the objective is to figure that out in the first 30 seconds after meeting them....as fast as possible....

a sales person that hones that skill makes a great living....

now, of course, you need to know your product, the competitors products, do the boring parts of the job, etc etc....that is a given....those things can be taught and learned....but having the ability to be a social chameleon......and do it quickly and convincingly, is something that is a gift....it takes practice to be a master, but there is a certain raw material that has to be present to let it ever occur....and i'm not saying be a fake, or lie or deceive....that is what the sales reps that don't have the ability to do it, do.....i'm saying the great salesperson can really be what each customer wants them to be.....for the time that they are with them....have that person walk away and say to themselves, that sales rep really understood what i wanted and needed.....i want to work with them....

there is a reason that the great sales reps in some companies make as much as the CEO does, sometimes more....i forget who the 20th century business magnate was that said "take away all my wealth and factories, but allow me to keep my salesmen, and i'll be back to the level i am now in a couple years", or something to that effect....

anyways, just my .02 cents....end of rant.....

willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:17 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I worked with John Wick and was treated very well. Order process and PDI was great. He called me 4 or 5 times in the first month to see how it was going.

Tags
sale