Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #1

Notes from FPO of New Aire

Floor protectors for slide rooms are now recommended for all non flat floor slides, for the full wall slide use under fridge and dinette. Bed slide has two rollers.
Check your cord real. When you release the wind button it should reverse direction for a small amount. If it does not it’s wired with the ground wires mixed up. Most are wired wrong here at Nappanee and they are investigating how many going back are wired this way. It will wind up fine but not release smoothly without a reverse action.
Also check the fasteners on side radiator cover at the bottom that keep it from hinging up. Big problem with them coming loose.
Gear box on side radiator fan requires after break in oil change and is overlooked often and will fail without early oil changes to get break in materials out.
The 2019 Chassis now has stability control as well as traction control activated.
The wiring has been greatly improved and bundled much nicer then what I saw on early units.
Cables in door latches must be checked. The door hardware has been upgraded and is now sound but the pull cable under the black covers is the same and just marginal for doors with no rear access when closed. An emergency release is easy to attach for the def door and other doors with no access to the rear when closed. I will post photo when possible. Be warned it’s a big pain to get in if cable fails and they do.
Newaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 04:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaire1 View Post
Floor protectors for slide rooms are now recommended for all non flat floor slides, for the full wall slide use under fridge and dinette. Bed slide has two rollers.
Thanks for sharing your notes, good stuff.

Could you expand on the floor protectors—material type, where to get, any other thoughts...
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the post.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #4

Newmar parts dept has the floor protectors now and will ship them. They are a must as floor tiles will be damaged by the slide rollers. Newmar engineering dept said no contact with floor by rollers was designed into the slides but in real world use damage is occurring from contact. $15 bucks each.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That’s just what I needed, thanks!

I already have roller scuffing under the fridge.

Edit: how many did you get?
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
That’s just what I needed, thanks!

I already have roller scuffing under the fridge.

Edit: how many did you get?
We also have tile scuffing under the fridge, so we will need to buy them, too.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:06 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Are these recommended for slides on all coaches?
Soniccruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:13 AM   #8

Other change’s for 2019 are the slides can be deployed with the engine running. The trigger wire is now from the parking brake not ignition. So it is now recommended to run engine while deploying slides if generator or shore is not hooked up.
Also passengers seat table and frame can now be completely removed or replaced in just a minute or two with a new mounting system.

Looks like a good mod would be to try and disable the ignition trigger wire and move to parking brake activation of slides.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:33 AM   #9

I do not know if other models will now require the slide floor protectors but they do use the same slides. All 4 slides on the 3341 have rollers and 2 slides on the 3343 have them.
We are putting the protectors under all 4 rollers on full wall slide and 2 under bed. It’s not just while sliding them in, they also contact the floor while under way and cause marring and dulling of tiles.
This has created a big stir at Newmar. Look for design changes of the slide roller system very soon.
On the bright side once you know where they go it takes no time at all to lay them down.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaire1 View Post
Newmar parts dept has the floor protectors now and will ship them. They are a must as floor tiles will be damaged by the slide rollers. Newmar engineering dept said no contact with floor by rollers was designed into the slides but in real world use damage is occurring from contact. $15 bucks each.

Why would a slide need rollers if they didn't contact the floor?
Old 07-22-2018, 04:56 AM   #11
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Following...

I put black marker lines on my slide rollers to see if they contact the floor while operating the slide. I have never seen them move.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
Following...

I put black marker lines on my slide rollers to see if they contact the floor while operating the slide. I have never seen them move.

Now I'm really interested ....
Old 07-22-2018, 05:20 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a Bay Star. There has never been any mention of floor protectors but something is definitely needed. The vinyl tiles have a thin color layer so the damage is quite obvious.

Is there a link to Newmar’s recommendation for the floor protectors?

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
We have a Bay Star. There has never been any mention of floor protectors but something is definitely needed. The vinyl tiles have a thin color layer so the damage is quite obvious.

Is there a link to Newmar’s recommendation for the floor protectors?

Not sure if these are current numbers.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/slid...rs-212331.html

Tags
air