RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2019, 07:59 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I run 3 acís and and Both heating elements all the time on 50 Amp shore power service. What are your L1 and L2 readings ?

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2019, 09:46 AM   #16

I've been in two parks the past year where their 50amp breaker has tripped. Both times it was their breaker. Once I talked them into changing it out there was no more issues.

FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:46 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Oasis AC 1 & AC 2 electric heater elements issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
As far as Oasis goes. It doesnít really care where the heat comes from. You need to add heat to the systems transfer fluid at a rate high enough to keep up with demand.
From least to most...
1 AC element. Great for heating domestic hot water in Florida
2 AC elements. Good enough for taking a regular shower in Florida or light furnace use.
Burner... unlimited shower anywhere...and normal furnace use
Burner + 1 AC element. Even more
Burner + 2 AC elements (full throttle). You can take long showers and run furnace a lot.
If you only had a problem at one campsite...I would suspect their wiring...
However...you are getting this problem multiple locations.
The amp readings are taken in the distribution panel. There may be too much resistance between the panel and the pole. Making sure the connections are clean and tight in the transfer switch is important.

Now...is your management system working??? Might plug into a 30A outlet...look at the panel to see if it detected 30A.

Then start up two air conditioners ...and watch the panel. See if you get a shed message, or the pole breaker trips. There are a couple of different networking methods used...but I would look for a loose connection of the network cable. The one on the back of the management panel is probably good if it is powered up...but that cable joins the Magnum network in order to share information...and control the shedding. Shedding for A/C units is simply a signal sent to the Dometic brain box...and there are relays for the block heater outlet, AC1 and AC2. Connections are made in the load center (circuit breaker panel) and the jacks on the MS2812.

It would be helpful to do a test to see if they are in fact shedding as advertised. As you page thru the management panel the loads are listed in order...

Block heater ...first to shed
AC2
AC1
A/C center
A/C rear
A/C front ...last to shed

By adding AC loads to the coach while plugged into 30A...after letting things stabilize...you should be able watch the magic happen. If it isnít managing...the breaker on the pole will trip, and youíll have to find out why itís not managing your loads as it should.
Hi All,
Similar to the issue above...
I have a Ventana 2019 3407 and I want to confirm the current draw on an Oasis AC 1 & AC 2 electric heater elements. (no schematics available)
I can place the switch on AC1 or (AC1 & AC2 ...switch to the right) and see only 12.5 amps draw from either switch setting.
I am on a 50 amp shore power and or on the generator.
I suspect sometime is wrong in the oasis AC 120 wiring.
From the notes above I should be seeing 25 amps on the Power Control System Monitor when I select both Oasis AC1&2 electric heater elements together rather than the 12.5 amps I currently see now.
I pulled the Oasis water heater element 2 in the circuit breaker panel for troubleshooting purposes(120AC CB) and I receive a "BROWN OUT" message on the screen with L1 volts going to 4 volts from 118. Not sure what is going on here.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Randy
rlsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #18
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsharp View Post
Hi All,
Similar to the issue above...
I have a Ventana 2019 3407 and I want to confirm the current draw on an Oasis AC 1 & AC 2 electric heater elements. (no schematics available)
I can place the switch on AC1 or (AC1 & AC2 ...switch to the right) and see only 12.5 amps draw from either switch setting.
I am on a 50 amp shore power and or on the generator.
I suspect sometime is wrong in the oasis AC 120 wiring.
From the notes above I should be seeing 25 amps on the Power Control System Monitor when I select both Oasis AC1&2 electric heater elements together rather than the 12.5 amps I currently see now.
I pulled the Oasis water heater element 2 in the circuit breaker panel for troubleshooting purposes(120AC CB) and I receive a "BROWN OUT" message on the screen with L1 volts going to 4 volts from 118. Not sure what is going on here.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Randy
I once had 4 volts on one meter and 120 on the other. Half the breaker tripped on the pedestal, which is not supposed to happen. That would be the first thing I would check. Turn it off and then turn it back on.

If that doesn't work it could be a lot of things on your coach including cord reel, plug, cord or your breaker panel.

Tags
oasis