RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Oasis heater module fault

Hi I am having intermittent problems with my oasis burner. About every other day I get a burner module fault light. Panel light on the oasis indicates a flame out. Been going on for about 2 weeks. Any ideas?

Quick back story. Took it to an Oasis certified dealer in AZ and asked them to give me the yearly Oasis service which I assumed included the yearly kit. What was actually done was they changed the main fuel filter (FLE-120-100 Garber Aqua- hot ??), "cleaned nozzle, fire eye,burn chamber, and inspection port". Charged me $270. Next day I got the flame out. Tried it again and it worked for about 5 hours then lite on again. Went back to the dealer and asked what they might have done wrong and to fix it. They said bring it back but "any parts needed would be backordered" meaning nothing would get done for a day or so...and they would bill me hourly! Now I’m trying to live with the problem until I can figure who can fix or what I can do.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The kit from Oasis comes with a new ignitor that is easily replaced. I always keep a service kit in the coach. When I do the service on my Oasis, I use the kit I have and then replace it with another. With that said, I had the same issue as you on a trip a year ago. It would work, shut off and then fault. I replaced the ignitor...problem solved. If you're not comfortable diving into the replacement, there is a You Tube video that walks you through it. The most time consuming part of the this job is taking off the many screws on the front cover.

ITR, the parent company to Oasis, is great on the phone and will help you diagnose your issue.

The kit, ordered from Oasis is about $135.00. In a situation like this, I would rather buy the kit and try the ignitor. If it doesn't solve the issue, you still have the kit for your next service. If it does solve the issue, you save yourself a $100 or so in labor costs and hassle.

Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi - One of the most important things to do on an Oasis is to change the air filter on the air pump. The burner runs because of the venturi effect of the air pump pulling diesel out of the nozzle. If he didn't change that filter I'd suggest starting there.

Tom
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #4

I had the same problem bother me for a couple of months. I changed the igniter and complied with a one year service but it still continued.
As Don said, call ITR, they are excellent with their product support. They thought it might be the combustion fan. I had them ship me one, ITR said if that did not fix the problem they would refund me if I sent it back. I figured I would just keep it as a spare.
It is relatively easy to replace and fixed the problem. All is well since...
WIngell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #5

Had yearly service on oasis and continued to have flameouts. Bought the 5 year kit and systematically changed out one part at a time. Changed out air filter flameouts. Changed out fuel nozzle and fuel filter still flameouts changed out flame sensor no more flame outs. Spare parts left over air filter, fuel nozzle, fuel filter and igniter.
tmh1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #6

Chased flameouts for about a month until I decided to change out the flame sensor, about 150$ from ITR, 3 weeks and no flame outs.
nctrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #7

In big industrial furnaces no flame detected immediately shuts down the fuel. All done under burner management. To avoid the big......blast.

Greatful they have this safe guard.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for your inputs. I’ll order the kit and work on it myself although that’s not my idea of a good time. Still seems odd to me that my system was working just fine until the service mechanic fiddled with it. $250 for nothing, hope Lazy Days is happy.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:57 PM   #9

Oasis flameout

I struggled with this for a while and still had constant flameouts even after installing the service kit. I talked to the customer service guys at ITR heat and they were very helpful. Hard to find the problem and cost nothing to fix but it was inside the burner box where a 1/4” line about 4” long connects the fuel pressure regulator to the solenoid mounted on the fuel block. Where the 1/4” hose attached they had a worm gear clamp. The worm gear clamp did not provide 360 degree clamping on the hose and there was a tiny vacuum leak that caused the whole problem. The system sucks the fuel in through that hose so no fuel leakage was visible. I Reclamped the hose and fixed it 100% Come to find out the factory never used worm gear clamps there. Whoever replaced it along the way caused the problem.
Mark55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #10

Clue: “Cleaned the nozzle”. Check Oasis thread of a couple of weeks ago...same problem was resolved by replacing the tiny o-ring at the base of the nozzle. It was slightly damaged, allowing air through. ITR Randy recommends lubing the o-ring with saliva (probably not an official protocol). Care must be taken when replacing the nozzle.
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #11

Clue, I installed the service kit first, which had the O ring in it, which I said in the first sentence.
Mark55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #12

Sorry, Mark55, if I caused any offense, but my post was directed to the OP and his indication that a shop had performed some work. The shop would have had no need to replace fuel line clamps during annual maintenance, so I was simply offering a possibility. I will consider myself spanked.

Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, oasis