Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2016, 07:48 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Oasis Hydronic Service a Breeze

Ordered the kit from Oasis by phone. YouTube has a maintenance video on the exact service. (30 minutes top)

Carbon cleanup hardest part.

Easiest thing I have done in a long time. More importantly was cleaning the black carbon build up in the fire chamber and fuel nozzle area. I will at least clean it yearly now. The one year service was about $115.00 or so from Oasis. Also, the more in depth service can cost $300.00 or more for parts alone. I would call Oasis for your strategy on what service part package you need or they recommend.

Bottom line: The yearly routine maintenance is easy!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder4 View Post
Ordered the kit from Oasis by phone. YouTube has a maintenance video on the exact service. (30 minutes top)

Easiest thing I have done in a long time. More importantly was cleaning the black carbon build up in the fire chamber and fuel nozzle area. I will at least clean it yearly now. The one year service was about $115.00 or so from Oasis. Also, the more in depth service can cost $300.00 or more for parts alone. I would call Oasis for your strategy on what service part package you need or they recommend.

Terry, How many hours, or how much had you used your Oasis prior to doing this? Just trying to get a feeling as to the timing, especially if it is still running well. I had also seen that video too a week or so ago and thought it looked pretty easy.

Peter

Old 12-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Terry, I cant speak to Oasis, but our Aqua Hot is very simple. I handle it on my own. My guess is where its located would dictate how long. For me less than an hour from start to finish, Monaco put it in a decent location for access. Glad to hear you are capable of doing on your own.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:14 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
Terry, How many hours, or how much had you used your Oasis prior to doing this? Just trying to get a feeling as to the timing, especially if it is still running well. I had also seen that video too a week or so ago and thought it looked pretty easy.

Peter
Per an Oasis Tech: I did my first service on the system. I may use the burner some 20 hours a year, due mainly that I live in the south and can use the three Heat Pumps for most of my needs. Also my electrical elements from the Oasis does pretty good on their own to about 26 degrees. So not very often I need the 50,000 BTUs. I do however, use burner to supplement showers some times. Also run the burner just to exercise the system at times to.

So whet I am trying to say, is other than cleaning and changing the big filter up front, I will go every other year on maintenance I just completed. Basically, igniter, big filter by generator, filter in fuel port is all I did this time. This was due to like you implied everything is running great. Next year I will attempt the more robust maintenance that has the $300.00 plus associated cost. Again as a minimum I will clean the fire box and fuel port from the carbon.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder4 View Post

yes service is easy its getting at the unit on my 2008 ABDP that's a real chore some so called design artist decided to put the electric power supply hose reel in front of the access to the 450De unit I have
also to note its not a once a year requirement, its really based on hours of usage. I rarely use the diesel part and mostly use the 120V section
cant stand the stink of burning diesel when its drafty out
I did mine 4 years ago and it still fires up clean and burns clean
I do a exercise on it once and awhile
Old 12-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the information Sidewinder4.

DS Don has this Service Manual in his Mod Section in QT's # 3 with many other links for Oasis system.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
service