RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #1

OASIS Low on fluid

Took my 2018 DS out of storage Tuesday. While checking over things I noticed the OASIS Reservoir was down quite a bit. It was filled to the proper level before it went into storage.

The coach and generator are started and the coach is driven around inside a warehouse each month while in storage.

My question is - Is it normal for the fluid to go down over time? For the four months I drove it after the dealer toped off the tank it did not require any additional fluid. Could it have evaporated ?

So far I have not found any fluid either under the coach or inside any of the compartments.

Also on my gas coach I had a Hot Water Tank that I drained each year. With the OASIS do I have a Hot Water Tank and if so where is it located and how do I drain it?

Appreciate all replies.

Dave C

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2018, 11:13 PM   #2

I thought mine was low too but when I added fluid and ran the the oasis it just over flowed. So my guess is if you run it will come back up to normal.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:46 AM   #3
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The level should always drop when the system is cold. This is the time to check the level with the lines on the reservoir. If you fill the reservoir within the cold fill lines it should not overflow. If the level does not drop when the system is cold or the reservoir level keeps going up there may be a problem with the tube in the reservoir. The siphon tube in my reservoir came out. I noticed the level going up higher than normal and the level didn't drop when cold.

I added fluid thee times when the coach was new and now I haven't needed to add any in almost a year.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #4

Thanks for your input. I ran the system for about 2 hours yesterday and the fluid level did come up about an inch. Think I will wait till I can give it a better test before I put fluid in the tank.

Dave C

Tags
fluid