RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #1

OASIS ON/OFF switch and Combustion Fan

Was shutting off my Oasis system as we will be in town until Sep. When I turned the switch at the main control panel to Off, the power light went out, but the Combustion Fan light and fan came on. The fan and light were on for about a minute and then both went out. At this point, the system was off and there were no red light etc. So, I tried turning the system back to ON to see what would happen. The green power light came on as did the Combustion Fan light and fan. Once again both the fan and light were on for about a minute before shutting down. At this point, the green power light was on and no red lights etc.

Did not know if this was normal or if perhaps I needed to reset the power board?

johnboy347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2019, 09:06 AM   #2

This is how our Oasis functions too. I assume this is to clear out any potential fuel fumes that may exist.

BPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You have read the OASIS links in this thread.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:10 AM   #4

OASIS ON/OFF Combustion Fan Activation

The info posted by Mike Griffin and Dutch Star Don have been read. No mention of the Combustion Fan Activation when turning the main panel power switch to OFF or to ON. I suspect it is a safety measure, but wanted to clarify this fact. Good to know at least one other person has experience this issue. So have not found any info on when to reset the power board except to acknowledge there is a switch to do so.

Thanks all for replying.
johnboy347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy347 View Post
The info posted by Mike Griffin and Dutch Star Don have been read. No mention of the Combustion Fan Activation when turning the main panel power switch to OFF or to ON. I suspect it is a safety measure, but wanted to clarify this fact. Good to know at least one other person has experience this issue. So have not found any info on when to reset the power board except to acknowledge there is a switch to do so.

Thanks all for replying.
As you surmise, what u experienced was normal.
If your leaving it till Sept I would also go directly to the Oasis burner buttons on the side of the unit and turn off the power switch.
You will not be able to turn on the Oasis again from the panel switch but just turn it back on from the unit and you’ll be all set. 😀
Old 07-29-2019, 07:36 AM   #6

What you are seeing is normal behaviour..... I had problems where the combustion fan would come on randomly, even when the entire unit was powered down. I worked with ITR and they determined it was a faulty board. Replaced the board and now it operates normally... just like yours.

Tags
fan, oasis, switch