Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Oasis system

OK, now that I've introduced myself, I need to see if someone can shed some light on what we think might be a problem (possibly with me?) with the Oasis system.

Here's the issue. Our front room especially under the sink stays hot--about 80 degrees. At the CGs we run the system on A/C heat ACI (both on). Assumably this is for hot water-which we generally use throughout the day. We don't need heat most evenings down here in Southern Alabama. Can't see running it on burner when electric is available at the CG. The manual doesn't seem to say what to do when.

Appreciate any and all comments.

Jeff
The-fishers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Jeff to the Newmar forum & irv2.
Here is a thread that someone asked the same question.
This thread and more information on your system can be found in the Quick Tips & Mods link in sticky above.
Congratulations on your new coach many enjoyable and safe miles for you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #3

Jeff, I'm fairly new to rv'ing and the hydronic heating systems. When in campgrounds on electric I don't run the diesel burner throughout the day for hot water, I just use the electric heating element, when taking showers in the morning I turn the burner on to make sure both of us have plenty of hot water, this may not be necessary but I don't want to be the one in the shower if I run out of hot water. I've also found that running the system on electric is sufficient to run heat at night to keep the chill off on chilly nights. You might just want to experiment with it to see what works for you. Try running a couple days without using the burner to see how it works out gor you.

Sonny
harleyman134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Jeff,
Like you, we are new to the Oasis system and we too are still figuring it out. We took our coach to a CG in Gettysburg, Pa this last October. The outside aire temperature dropped to about 35 degrees and we found the Oasis kept us nice and warm on AC. The next morning we had good hot water for the two of us. I have kicked in the diesel burner a few times, and it really puts out the heat. We also have heat on our two roof top AC's but not sure now we really need them for heat.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Just make sure that you excersise the heat zones every month or so, there are check valves that can stick and prevent the coolant from going to the zone radiators not a big deal to fix just a pain.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #6

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Are the converters/inverters directly below where the floor stays warm???
Do you have floor heat and is it on???
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I think we found the answer to our question. Yesterday I called Oasis and they had me flip the bypass switch in the Oasis compartment. Apparently this should have been turned off at the dealership. Now, heat is gone from the heat zones and these are controlled by the thermostat.

Also now we seen to have sufficient hot water with just the AC on. Thanks for the tip to exercise the zones. I'll try it.

Jeff
The-fishers is offline   Reply With Quote