Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2017, 11:49 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Oasis Temperature Control

Is there an adjustment to make water temp. hotter ? I find the temp. in my shower to be warm,but far from hot! Used the RV over the New Years weekend in 30 degree weather and the little lady was not to thrilled! I do have a bath and a half and the shower is the furthest from the Oasis. Can anyone shed a little heat on this subject ? Thanks..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-cle View Post
Is there an adjustment to make water temp. hotter ? I find the temp. in my shower to be warm,but far from hot! Used the RV over the New Years weekend in 30 degree weather and the little lady was not to thrilled! I do have a bath and a half and the shower is the furthest from the Oasis. Can anyone shed a little heat on this subject ? Thanks..

You need to look up how to adjust your mixing valves. Two past OPs wrote up a great "How To" for Oasis: PDR John and Dutch Star Don. Also, hopefully 007 will chime in on the link locations for you.

Good luck.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:59 AM   #3

If I recall correctly, my Oasis had a tempering valve located on the back of the unit. I think it is good to "exercise" this valve from time-to-time.

Also, in my shower, the Delta faucet mixing valve had an anti-scald device (liabilby concerns I'm sure). This was easy to defeat and greatly improved the shower temperature.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #4

My question is, were you using outside water or water from your tank? You will have a hard time getting really hot water if the water being fed to the mixing valve is at 30 degrees. In cold weather I always use tank water and the water pump.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
My question is, were you using outside water or water from your tank? You will have a hard time getting really hot water if the water being fed to the mixing valve is at 30 degrees. In cold weather I always use tank water and the water pump.

^^^THAT^^^

Also did you have the burner and both AC elements on? That will help with cold water supply.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
I was using the water from my tank, and just had the diesel burner on ! I must also add that even in the summer the hot water never got as hot as I thought it should ! On my last Newmar you would have to mix some cold water with it or it would burn you out! On the present model you need to turn the hot all the way on and just comes out warm ..
Old 01-04-2017, 10:08 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
If I recall correctly, my Oasis had a tempering valve located on the back of the unit. I think it is good to "exercise" this valve from time-to-time.

Also, in my shower, the Delta faucet mixing valve had an anti-scald device (liabilby concerns I'm sure). This was easy to defeat and greatly improved the shower temperature.
Where is this anti-scald device located ?
Old 01-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Go to the sticky that Dutch star Don wrote up it is very good. There is a red ring behind the shower handle that needs to be removed and that will help alot. I also adjusted the control at the valve on the oasis. It is in the 4th bay back passenger side behind the little gray wall. Read Dons write up and it will tell which way to turn the knob to increase the water temp. Simple to do but a real bear to cral into the bay to work.
Good Luck
JP
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is right out of their manual:
A thermostatic mixing valve located inside the distribution
module (DM12) allows for adjusting the temperature of the domestic hot water. The mixing valve is factory set to limit the maximum water temperature to 120ºF (49°C) with a total hot water demand of 1.5 GPM or less, and an incoming water temperature of 60ºF (15ºC) or higher. The mixing valve will compensate for temperature variations of incoming supply water and maintain the temperature to whichit is set. However, in some cases, the temperature of the incoming water and the flow-rate of individual faucets may limit the ability of the DM12 to provide hot water at the temperature setting of the mixing valve, even if the mixing valve is set to its maximum. This is a normal operating characteristic of any on-demand, continuous hot water system that does not rely on heat retained within a stored volume of water. In this situation the temperature of the hot water may be increased by lowering the flow at the faucet and shower head. To adjust the mixing valve,the front cover of the DM12 has to be removed; to do this, remove the 6 Philips head screws holding the front cover to the case. The mixing valve adjustment knob is shown in the figure 9-11Turning the mixing valve knob left (clockwise from top view) will increase the hotwateroutlet temperature and turning the knob right (counter-clockwise) will decrease the temp.mperature.

barnegatepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #10

There is a lot of good advice and comments here. When we had an issue while in Alaska in freezing weather we called ITR at 1-800-755-1272. We were told in the best circumstances Oasis could only step up the water about 60 degrees. Using tank water helps as that was warmer than the city water at the time. We were advised to turn the heat valve to maximum and I think that is what you are wanting to do. It helped tremendously when we turned it up all the way. I do not remember if we had to turn it clockwise or counter-clockwise so you will need to experiment or call ITR. The valve is in the Oasis distribution unit which is behind a false wall in one of our bins. The distribution unit is very near your Oasis burner and other than being a contortionist to get to it and get your hand on the valve, it was an east fix. Oddly enough we do not have a scald guard on our shower water handle so could not make that adjustment. I hope this helps.
Runaway4002 is offline   Reply With Quote