RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2018, 11:04 PM   #1

Oasis zone not working

After posting earlier this weekend about a Dometic thermostat error code, I now think this is coincidental. My issue is the oasis diesel burner and electrical elements work fine, my zone one works fine however my zone 3 only blows cold air when the fan comes on. This tells me the thermostats working itís calling for heat, itís turning on the fan but this means there are two issues.

1. the water is not hot so the fan shouldnít come on.

2. the hot water is not circulating to the third zone.

Any suggestions from the group on how to troubleshooter fix this?

There are no error codes on the modular control board. In fact, the zone is indicating the control board is trying to direct water.

Thanks

Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #2

Best I can offer is to check for power at the circulating pumps in the Oasis system. Also check connections on the pump wires for any loose connectors.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:22 AM   #3
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oasis is very good at helping troubleshoot if you call them.

I had a pump fail on my summer loop last year. It blew the fuse. There was a red light on the panel on the side wall of the compartment with the Oasis unit in it, as shown in the attached picture. The fuse is inside this panel. Oasis told me to put a new fuse in and if the pump is bad, it will blow again. It did. See attached picture.

If you don't have the red light check the pump for power as mentioned in the previous post.

Also attached is the trouble shooting information from Oasis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3316.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	222618  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Oasis_Service_Manual.pdf (1.08 MB, 40 views)
Old 10-15-2018, 05:56 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
Oasis is very good at helping troubleshoot if you call them.

I had a pump fail on my summer loop last year. It blew the fuse. There was a red light on the panel on the side wall of the compartment with the Oasis unit in it, as shown in the attached picture. The fuse is inside this panel. Oasis told me to put a new fuse in and if the pump is bad, it will blow again. It did. See attached picture.

If you don't have the red light check the pump for power as mentioned in the previous post.

Also attached is the trouble shooting information from Oasis.
Same issue last year. Fluid level low and had to replace zone pump. Again Tech support is awesome to work with. Pump is around $400.00. Pretty easy to replace. Need long nose pliers to crimp hoses once you remove two hoses from pump to not lose fluid.

The way I discovered my pump was bad; was by turning on the bypass switch located on top of zone panel box. Remove protective cover of distribution box and you can feel by touch which pumps are on. For me, one of three pumps was not working.

So you could have hot water and one zone working with heat while other zone just blows cold air. Should be quick easy fix brother.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:28 AM   #5
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder4 View Post
The way I discovered my pump was bad; was by turning on the bypass switch located on top of zone panel box. Remove protective cover of distribution box and you can feel by touch which pumps are on. For me, one of three pumps was not working.
This is a good quick way to find a bad pump. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:26 AM   #6

Excellent guidance. Iíll check to tonight when home from work. Thank you.
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:38 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is summer loop an automatic setting when the furnace is not called for, or do you have to do something to enable summer loop?

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Is summer loop an automatic setting when the furnace is not called for, or do you have to do something to enable summer loop?
Thebypass switch mentioned is the summer mode as far as I understand.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #9
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
The Oasis CH-50 with the DM-12 distribution module has automatic summer/winter loop control.

There is a good RVDA Powerpoint training seminar presentation on ITR's website about the operation and troubleshooting of the CH-50 and Hurricane. IRV2 would not let me upload the powerpoint file (.ppt)

Oasis Heating System – Itrheat
Old 10-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #10
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Thebypass switch mentioned is the summer mode as far as I understand.
The summer loop pump provides fluid to the heat exchanger for domestic hot water to the faucets. In my coach there are two other pumps for the two heating loops.

The bypass switch turns on all three pumps for filling the system with fluid. The bypass switch will also get you hot water to your faucets if the summer loop pump fails by turning on the two heat loop pumps.

The bypass switch should be off all the time unless you are filling the system or the summer loop pump has failed.

The summer/winter loop control is automatic.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:49 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The summer loop pump provides fluid to the heat exchanger for domestic hot water to the faucets. In my coach there are two other pumps for the two heating loops.

The bypass switch turns on all three pumps for filling the system with fluid. The bypass switch will also get you hot water to your faucets if the summer loop pump fails by turning on the two heat loop pumps.

The bypass switch should be off all the time unless you are filling the system or the summer loop pump has failed.

Thank you. I assumed it was, because I never did anything to adjust.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #12

Quote:

Thanks

I got the pump failure bypass switch solution.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #13

Great Tool to have

If you need to change a pump, I highly recommend a tool like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

It is nearly impossible to clamp the hose with needle nose while trying to wrestle the pump out. Tools like this one lock closed similar to a set of visegrips.
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy2006 View Post
After posting earlier this weekend about a Dometic thermostat error code, I now think this is coincidental. My issue is the oasis diesel burner and electrical elements work fine, my zone one works fine however my zone 3 only blows cold air when the fan comes on. This tells me the thermostats working itís calling for heat, itís turning on the fan but this means there are two issues.

1. the water is not hot so the fan shouldnít come on.

2. the hot water is not circulating to the third zone.

Any suggestions from the group on how to troubleshooter fix this?

There are no error codes on the modular control board. In fact, the zone is indicating the control board is trying to direct water.

Thanks
My understanding is that the heat transfer fluid is circulated through the heat exchangers, not hot water. For hot water, water flows through the module and is heated by the heat transfer fluid.

Tags
oasis