Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #1

opinion

I have an 04 Dutch Star. About 2 years after I bought mine, Comfort Drive came out. Don't want the expense of getting another RV with this feature, therefore, I am asking other owners if there is anything that can be added on the 04 that could be similar (I know it won't be the same) to the Comfort Drive feature. Blue Ox with centering aspect or the Safe-T-Steer.
jaywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #2

Hey Robert .....I am sure if you want to spend $$$$ on your Dutch Star, there are any number of aftermarket performance & handling shops that will gladly accommodate you. Just curious ....what's wrong with the current set-up?
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #3

Opinion

It tracks pretty good especially when I keep the front end aligned. However, two times after coming out of Flaggstaff headed east the strong winds make the drive uncomfortable. Heavy trucks are not a big problem. After reading some post about the
Comfort Drive, I just wondered if some type of add on steering would be helpful.
jaywhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #4

I think I read somewhere that it is not possible to retrofit an older mh with comfort drive. I'm sure someone can confirm or deny the possibility.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #5

Robert..... Why not take it into a qualified RV chassis shop (ie. Henderson line-up in Oregon) in your area and have them check all your major suspension & handling components. Maybe you need new shocks, your air bags adjusted, your tire pressure changed, etc. Have you had the Coach since new? Did it always handle like now...or have you noticed a decline in handling over the past few months/years? Personally....before I spent money on aftermarket gizmos, I'd be very sure all the existing stuff is working correctly.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I have a 2006 DSDP, without Comfort Drive, and I do not care as it runs very well......am sure CD is great but I am without it and it did not exist in 2006
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote