RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #15

We have an '07 DSDP model 4307 - king bed and bath and one-half floorplan and really like it. The toilet in the rear bath is in a separate compartment, and you don't stumble over anything when entering the bathroom.

Don't know if this plan is still available, or was ever available in an Essex.

We had a similar plan in a 38' Kountry Star gas, but the rear bath wasn't quite as nice.

BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 AM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dav5942:
Aw heck won't be able to tell the story about traveling from Key West to Isla Mujeres(Cancun) at night and losing the single Jenny(which powered the 96 mile radar) while passing the tip of Cuba-but thats another story

But as orginally said, when doing a lot of drycamping would have a second Jenny if not just for the noise of running the big one a lot.

PS-from Florida to Venezuela took a minimum of six twelve hour days runninng 30 knots with six fuel stops(much further by RV). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I would love to hear that, put in on the Amigos site. There's nothing off topic there.

Now, back to topic. Surprisingly everyone I know that has the bath and a half, would never get one now without. But I do agree with Dave on the need for two heads. Eliminating the midship head means you would have to crawl over the bed to have a washroom break while travelling.

Peter

Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 AM   #17

Hi! We had a rear bath for 2 years (MADP 4528) which is the same floor plan as the Essex. We have now switched into another bath & half but a full wall slide. The downside (if it matters) of the 4508 is, you lose aprox 1.5 feet in the kitchen cabinet area and living room (different issues in the full wall slide, which I will not discuss because you are looking at the 4508). The part we like the best is, you gain an enclosed half bath. Besides having 2 bathrooms you don't feel wierd allowing guests to use it, because all you personal stuff is in there. We use the rear bath for all our personal stuff. It is also great having 2 toilets after a dinner at Taco Bell (Ok just Kiddin about Taco Bell). With the rear bath utilizing the entire width of the coach, and the layout, you feel like you are in your bathroom at home. You also get a feeling of more privacy back there. With the washer and dryer in the hallway (yes it can get a little tight in that hallway (Newmar widened it in '09), you have quite a bit of closet space (across the width of the coach) in the rear bath. We always liked having the closet in the rear as you would get dressed after taking a shower. We never had an issue with humidity in the closet. Also when you get out of bed, you are not stepping on the engine cover (on one side of the bed) and worrying about tripping. As far as the all electric part, we have never boondocked for long periods of time, (all of our coaches have been all electric) so we can't help you with that part of the question. The only thing the propane helps with, is the one reefer and cooking. How much time do you lose using all electric? Maybe you can add 2 more batteries to make up for that? The up side is you gain a nice size basement compartment on the drivers side with no propane tank. Some bridges and tunnels do not allow propane. If you have any questions you would like answered on the phone, send me a PM and I will send you my phone number. Good Luck on finding the right coach for you!

Dav! I would like to hear that story also. Paul
Old 09-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #18

Thanks Jetsmania, for the insight.
I think the rear bath (bath and a half) will work. Not sure about the all electric issue.
I drove the coach yesterday. It was my first experience with Comfort Drive. Very impressive, and works as advertised.
I probably am not going to pull the trigger on this coach unless the deal is super sweet. The economy is just too unstable, and the current rates on financing, while ok, cannot compete with my current loan.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
I have the 4508 plan and I couldn't agree more with Jet. The bedroom suite gives us a feeling of being home. Not sharing the bathroom with others was a strong consideration.

As far as all electric. Ours is equipped with 10 batteries. The generator only kicks in when the batteries run low or the a/c is on. When we travel, we can do stopovers along the road (rest areas, truck stops and Walmarts) and have not encountered any problems or inconveniences.
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #20

We've had our all elec. '09 4508 for a month or so. When making the changeover from our '05 4502 we quickly noticed more storage in some areas and less in others. The net is noticebly less storage space. We've adjusted to the 4508 plan now and like it.
We now only drycamp at one NASCAR race per year and do very little additional drycamping. I don't expect any problems. As mentioned, the large home style reefer is great.
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #21

Thanks for the input, Racer.
I have a 4304 MADP. When comparing the storage space to the 4508 Essex, there is less space. With the 4508, the counter space is reduced (by fridge on curbside) and there are not overhead cabinets above the sofabed (on driver's side). There is some additional storage above and below the TV in the salon. But, it appears that despite being 2 feet longer, the 4508 presents a net loss of storage inside.
I still like the coach, though.