Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jim, as far as I'm concerned, this option is worth every penny. I have been going through the delivery process this past week and have found the heated floors to be excellent. I'm sitting in the parking lot at HWH in Iowa at the moment, temperature is forecasted to be 10 degrees tonight and I'm glad I have this option, the coach is very comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8278.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	83144  
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Radiant floor heat means you have even heat throuout and no cold feet.

However I worry about electric heat in the floor,, Hydroinc heating (Hot water pipes) good, electric heat... not so sure. Safety concerns.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Jim, as far as I'm concerned, this option is worth every penny. I have been going through the delivery process this past week and have found the heated floors to be excellent. I'm sitting in the parking lot at HWH in Iowa at the moment, temperature is forecasted to be 10 degrees tonight and I'm glad I have this option, the coach is very comfortable.
Do they have shore power for customer's Scott.......?
The Coach looks great, not sure of the snow........burrrrr.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:44 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Do they have shore power for customer's Scott.......?
The Coach looks great, not sure of the snow........burrrrr.
No shore power if you arrive on Sunday but good test for the new generator.

When I was deciding on options for this coach I couldn't have imagined finding myself in this situation. But I figured you never really know what you will encounter so I ordered the heated floors. Nice call!
Old 01-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
No shore power if you arrive on Sunday but good test for the new generator.

When I was deciding on options for this coach I couldn't have imagined finding myself in this situation. But I figured you never really know what you will encounter so I ordered the heated floors. Nice call!
I understand Scott...... we have a "All Glass" sunroom on our house, heated tile floor.......wonderful in the winter..........this is operated off my boiler.....controlled water temperature......125deg. this week......temps. near 0 Stay warm.......I assume you are having the air leveling installed??
Old 01-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, Active Air which includes air leveling. But still can't believe I'm in Iowa for a week in the middle of January!
Old 01-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #21

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I wonder if when faced with extreme cold temperatures, would the heated floor keep the hydronic heat from running often enough to keep the tanks from freezing? Or does enough heat radiate from the floors to prevent this?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve COH View Post
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I wonder if when faced with extreme cold temperatures, would the heated floor keep the hydronic heat from running often enough to keep the tanks from freezing? Or does enough heat radiate from the floors to prevent this?
Steve, I don't have a lot of experience with these heated floors or the hydronic heating system but I believe that a lot of heat from the floor heating system radiates into the basement keeping the temperature up. Early this morning we had an outside temp of 12 degrees with a wind chill of -2 and the wet bay temperature was 62 degrees which I monitor with a SeeLevel 714 system. We were running our floors on the lowest heat setting and running both furnace zones throughout the night.

I was told by our delivery tech that our wet bay heat exchanger is tied to the zone 1 furnace, as long as that furnace is on the wet bay heat will come on when the temperature in the wet bay hits 45 degrees. There is a temperature sensor in the wet bay which is not the same sensor I use with my SeeLevel system to read the wet bay temperature from inside the coach. I'm certain that the heated floors radiating into the basement is what is keeping the wet bay at 60 degrees.

I have to say I was pretty impressed with how warm the coach was this morning considering the outside temperature and I am so glad I opted for the heated floors. It's an expensive option but worth it.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #23

Quote:
I was told by our delivery tech that our wet bay heat exchanger is tied to the zone 1 furnace, as long as that furnace is on the wet bay heat will come on when the temperature in the wet bay hits 45 degrees.
Scott, I see yours is tied to Zone 1, and I've read few others say their wet bay is on Zone 1. On my Ventana it is on Zone 3. Not that it makes any difference but maybe it varies by Newmar line or possibly by model. Tested mine last week when temps dipped to 16, wanting to be sure it was working. Doesn't normally get cold enough in Houston to test so took advantage with coach in Lewisville for warranty work.

The Oasis at the vents gave me heated floor in 2'x2' areas. lol Tile was sure cold away from the vents. After my Alaska trip and cold tiles it may cause me to want to trade up to get heated floor. At very least wear two pair socks. Looking forward to touring your new DS.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
Scott, I see yours is tied to Zone 1, and I've read few others say their wet bay is on Zone 1. On my Ventana it is on Zone 3. Not that it makes any difference but maybe it varies by Newmar line or possibly by model. Tested mine last week when temps dipped to 16, wanting to be sure it was working. Doesn't normally get cold enough in Houston to test so took advantage with coach in Lewisville for warranty work.

The Oasis at the vents gave me heated floor in 2'x2' areas. lol Tile was sure cold away from the vents. After my Alaska trip and cold tiles it may cause me to want to trade up to get heated floor. At very least wear two pair socks. Looking forward to touring your new DS.
Berry, I recall reading in another post (maybe by PDR John?) that the wet bay heat is on Zone 3. During my delivery the tech told me it was on zone 1 and I double checked that point with him. But I think this is correct on my coach as the hydronic dash heat is on zone 1 as well and I believe it makes sense to have the wet bay heat working in conjunction with the Oasis zone that would see the most utilization.

I promise, I won't speak a word of an upgrade when Karen is around!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #25

How is the 45 deg setting for the wet bay set? Can you have the Oasis on and the inside Zone 1 set for 50 deg and if the basement goes below 45 it will turn on the blower and blow air into the wet bay?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #26

Scott, Where do you have the SeeLevel II mounted? Do you have a display inside and in the wetbay? Do you have the pump switch version (714 PH) and use that to manual turn on the pump from outside? Did you mount this system or was that done at the dealer? Do you think Newmar would do this at the Factory delivery. Have I asked enough question on this topic...
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
How is the 45 deg setting for the wet bay set? Can you have the Oasis on and the inside Zone 1 set for 50 deg and if the basement goes below 45 it will turn on the blower and blow air into the wet bay?

The wet bay has it's own dedicated heat exchanger from the Oasis. All the heat exchangers are hooked up in a series, called zones. Newmar sets theirs up with only 2 zones.

As long as the Oasis and thermostat are on the wet bay is active.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Just a slight correction to the above: the Oasis has 2 winter loops in which the heat exchangers are connected in series. From a plumbing standpoint, I don't think that the wet bay heat exchanger would be connected to the same loop as the front heat exchanger. The liquid in both loops are heated and circulated if any sensor calls for heat. The heat exchangers are arranged into zones. A zone can have one or more heat exchangers which means that the fans mounted on them turned on by a particular temp sensor. The temp sensors are connected to the Oasis Zone controller thru the roof AC or for the wet bay, directly.
On the typical 43' or 45' Newmar with 3 roof ACs the heat exchangers in the front half of the living area are connected to the zone 1, the ones in the rear half to zone 3 and the wet bay to zone 4. If the coach is equipped with 2 ACs, the interior is heated by zones 1 and 2, but I am not sure about the wet bay, which is either on zone 3 or zone 4.
When the zone thermostat calls for heat, a green LED will show the zone status on the Zone Controller Panel.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote