Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2017, 06:42 AM   #15

1) Dishwasher: yes and we use it regularly. Same as when we had a house.
2) Front TV: No. I could see no purpose in two TVs in the same room. Plus I wanted the additional storage above the windshield.
3) exterior TV: Yes. We do use it occasionally. Especially for events such as the Kentucky Derby, home team football, etc.
4) Heated floors: oh heck yes. After having them in this coach I would not even consider a new one with out heated floors.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2017, 08:45 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
1) Do you have a dishwasher in a drawer and do you use it or what?
I wish, but doing them by hand for two people is easy
2) Those that have TVs in the lounge area, how many also have the Front Overhead TV and how and when do you watch it? Ours is overhead but I am changing that by adding a cabinet and televator in the area in front of our kitchen slide. We've already removed the couch and added the wiring and coax. As to when we watch it, we watch a movie or local TV for an hours or so every nigh. When it rains it's a really nice to have as a distraction
3) Exterior TV, which do you have, in the Sidewall or in Storage Compartment, and why and would you change the location and why? I think outside TV's are aggravating for your neighbors.
4) Those that have a coach with electric radiant heat installed below main floor tile, was it worth the additional cost, and does it do what it is designed? This doesn't apply to us so no comment here.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Fulton View Post
We are collecting ideas prior to placing an order for a Newmar coach; and there are a few options we would appreciate your feedback on.

1) Do you have a dishwasher in a drawer and do you use it or what? No- DW wanted more storage room rather than dishwasher. We eat 75% of our meals out anyway! Seems like our stove is always broke
2) Those that have TVs in the lounge area, how many also have the Front Overhead TV and how and when do you watch it? Have both & use them both on occasion.
3) Exterior TV, which do you have, in the Sidewall or in Storage Compartment, and why and would you change the location and why?Have 2 TV's outside- one in peg board compartment I installed myself for ~$700 & one in kitchen slide out by OEM. We use both at tailgates & big parties.
When just the 2 of us, we watch the one in the slide out.

4) Those that have a coach with electric radiant heat installed below main floor tile, was it worth the additional cost, and does it do what it is designed? Greatest thing since sliced bread! Don't buy a new coach without it! Just like stepping out onto warm toast on cool mornings. It also does a great job of heating the entire coach on cool mornings in Florida in December & January! The floor will stay warm for an hour after you turn it off & continue to radiate heat

Your thoughts and opinions will help.
see above replies
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #18

1) We do not have a dishwasher. At this time I don't think we'd use one as it is just the two of us and I'd prefer to have the storage space.

2) We don't have the front TV. We LOVE the location of our televator! This was a determining factor in buying this coach and this floor plan. You can actually sit across from the TV and watch it without having to turn 90 degrees.

3) I was very glad you asked this question. Our outside TV is in the bay and for the life of me can't figure out why i would want this in the side wall? In my mind I think the storage bay is down closer to eye level while sitting down so it is more enjoyable to watch. I also think it shelters some of the noise and everything that goes with watching it from neighbors. It seems like it would be a more private and personal setting. The only time I can think that I would want the TV in the side wall is for parties where a number of people are trying to watch it all at the same time. I agree with Capt_Bill that the only time I would use the side wall is for tailgate parties and such. Otherwise I'd prefer the storage bay hands down. (Great idea to install a 2nd one BTW Capt_Bill)

4) We don't have in floor electric heat but if/when we upgrade we will get that option.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #19

Dishwasher: Had it on previous coach and didn't use it, don't miss it on this coach.
Front TV: had it on previous coach and on this one and seldom use it.
Outside TV: had it on previous coach and not on this coach and don't miss it.
Heated floors: never had it but think it would be a very nice option.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #20

Wow! I'm glad we don't have to buy a new one nowadays because we wouldn't want any of the stuff, much less pay for it. I guess it just depends on how you RV. We used public parks or boondocked all the time. We just wanted a good quality motorhome with no frills.... and we got it with Newmar - at the time. Now, I don't think so. Wish you could just order a basic one.... a lot less to go wrong.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #21

Jayco Owners Club
If I put my dishwasher in a drawer... she'd HURT me!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #22

Gypsie,

All the items mentioned are in fact options. You can get a very basic DP with a Norcold fridge and a lot more basics....
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:02 PM   #23

Great Information from the Greatest People

Thank you to all that have expressed their thoughts, suggestions and opinion regarding our questions. Please, continue to add to them, as we are reading and digesting what we read. What started out to be, what we thought, an easy task of picking our wants, likes, and maybes from what is offered as options is little more than what we expected. Building our motor coach is like building your dream home; and it is also much fun. Once we make up our minds and start the process, we will post the beginning of our building process here. Thank you all once again….
TravelnFolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
We are collecting ideas prior to placing an order for a Newmar coach; and there are a few options we would appreciate your feedback on.

1)Do you have a dishwasher in a drawer and do you use it or what? Yes, rarely use it as it is just the two of us. Like the idea of storage for large pots and pans.

2)Those that have TVs in the lounge area, how many also have the Front Overhead TV and how and when do you watch it? Yes we have front OH TV. DW lays on the coach or watches while in kitchen

3)Exterior TV, which do you have, in the Sidewall or in Storage Compartment, and why and would you change the location and why? TV in sidewall, it is used often, but had to add different mount so it would tilt down if seated.

4)Those that have a coach with electric radiant heat installed below main floor tile, was it worth the additional cost, and does it do what it is designed? It was an option we do not have, not retired and never been above the Mason Dixon line. If I camped in colder climates then it would be a must. Our floor plan 4369DS does not have fireplace, but did purchase electric fireplace we set just in front of bedroom pocket door. It fits perfectly when door is half open and matches the sable maple. We set the thermostat at 70 degrees and the Oasis heat barely comes on. Hope this helps!

From southern La.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
We opted out of the dishwasher. Like the extra storage for pots that were the option. Enjoy the time together when doing up the dishes.

Our TV is visible from everywhere we want to view it. We can swing it around to face the table if we want to watch it while eating. Normally TV is off during meals as meal time is family time.

Exterior TV is nice when the game is on and we have a bunch over for socializing.

We winter in the south and heat is left off at night. Heat may be on for a short time in morning to take chill off. Residual heat in tile would likely hasten the implementation of AC as day warms. Cold tile = UGG sheepskin slippers.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

1) Do you have a dishwasher in a drawer and do you use it or what?
2) Those that have TVs in the lounge area, how many also have the Front Overhead TV and how and when do you watch it?
3) Exterior TV, which do you have, in the Sidewall or in Storage Compartment, and why and would you change the location and why?
4) Those that have a coach with electric radiant heat installed below main floor tile, was it worth the additional cost, and does it do what it is designed?

1 - Dishwasher, fantastic, use it all the time, including now
2 - Have both lounge rear and front tv's makes it easier to watch when sitting at the table
3 - Sidewall TV and love the height, especially at tailgates where people are always walking around.
4 - don't have, but sounds like it might be useful
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote